St Keverne 0-4 Probus

RUSSELL HALL CUP, First Round
St Agnes Thirds 6-1 St Buryan Reserves

JUBILEE CUP, Quarter Final
Probus Reserves 1-3 Hayle Thirds
Threemilestone Reserves 2-1 Marazion

1 hour ago, YoungPercy said:

Frogpool Res. Vs Perranwell OFF

Bit of a joke from the league. 2 weeks ago no fixture today. Rearranged without a ref. what a waste of a Saturday morning for 22+ players waiting for it to be called off

The league arrange fixtures... The Cornwall FA appoint the referees. 

The biggest joke... There are not enough referees available this week! I know of two referees that are not reffing this week because they've suffered with misconduct towards them over the past seven days. But the League is a joke....

The League arranges fixtures as that is what a League does.... The League is a joke....

The Cornwall FA haven't got enough referees for games... The League is a joke....

There are not enough referees at the moment to cover all games... The League is a joke.

There are more weeks in the season that there are games, so you won't have a game every week... The League is a joke.

Come on... We do all that we can to get referees involved in the game, we probably do more than most other Leagues. The decline in participation hasn't just hit clubs due to player numbers. Want to help? Help us to recruit referees - better yet, treat the ones you get with respect!

But, the League is a joke....

Is it any wonder when potential and new referees take the course,  the best advice given is to not read this forum. Constructive criticism is good and can be helpful. Abuse isn't.  It would certainly make me wonder what the point of it is. 

If you lose a game admit you're team weren't up to it or had an off day. Don't blame the referee. Or the pitch. Or the fact you couldn't find the ground or didn't have hot water for showers. 

A referee WILL get things wrong, make mistakes, annoy people with their decisions. Because they are human. They don't have the luxury of VAR or the benefit of having the easier job of playing. 

Even if every game today finishes a draw, there will be the usual ref bashers on here moaning that their team didn't win. Give the refs a break and they might return.

4 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

The biggest joke... There are not enough referees available this week! I know of two referees that are not reffing this week because they've suffered with misconduct towards them over the past seven days. But the League is a joke....

The League arranges fixtures as that is what a League does.... The League is a joke....

The Cornwall FA haven't got enough referees for games... The League is a joke....

There are not enough referees at the moment to cover all games... The League is a joke.

There are more weeks in the season that there are games, so you won't have a game every week... The League is a joke.

Come on... We do all that we can to get referees involved in the game, we probably do more than most other Leagues. The decline in participation hasn't just hit clubs due to player numbers. Want to help? Help us to recruit referees - better yet, treat the ones you get with respect!

?? Never did i complain about lack of officials.

2 weeks ago no game. I know Perran were short today and we had players away as they looked at fixtures and knew we didnt have a game. We emailed Dave previously to confirm we didnt have a game today. To then have one rearranged and have to wait until 12 for confirmation that there is no game is a joke.

4 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

So if they didn't try to get a game arranged I presume they would have been a joke as well

Not at all. Its the chopping and changing which is frustrating. 

Div 3

St Erme 1-3 Praze

Praze with two pens (1 very dubious) and a on-the-turn shot after a corner saw the away side take all three points from castle field.

St Erme took the lead early on with a great move down the right saw a ball played into Elliot Jolly, wrong footing James Durbin at the near post. 

The turning point I think was the second penalty as in my opinion was wrongly blown for, although the canaries would take the gift. Second half was just as much hard work as the first, but praze stood firm and dealt with virtually everything thrown at them. 

The referee was below average today, he blew up for every 50-50 aerial challenge, let a few offsides continue playing and obvious gave praze the soft pen.

The finale of the trilogy next week in the cup, might exchange phone numbers with a few of them, I’m getting used to see the same faces! 

Illogan RBL Res 5 Helston 3rds 0 

Scorers Ben Tunnicliffe 2 Jake Williams 1 Tom Butt 1 Josh Taylor 1

Game in doubt yesterday as no ref available,. Thanks to Lester Thomas for stepping in so game could be played and thanks to Helston for agreeing to it yesterday

2 hours ago, YoungPercy said:

?? Never did i complain about lack of officials.

2 weeks ago no game. I know Perran were short today and we had players away as they looked at fixtures and knew we didnt have a game. We emailed Dave previously to confirm we didnt have a game today. To then have one rearranged and have to wait until 12 for confirmation that there is no game is a joke.

Not at all. Its the chopping and changing which is frustrating. 

You mentioned about the game arranged with no referee. All games are arranged without referees, referees are added as and when the fixture have been created.

The issue you have with the fixtures is one you should bring up with the Fixtures Secretary. If you are unhappy with his response, then you can submit a complaint via the League Secretary. What is uncalled for however is labelling the league as a joke. It certainly annoys me when I see stuff like that considering the amount of work I/we do to make it one of the best league's in the County - often going above and beyond my/our roles in order to help our clubs and members. I'm sure many would agree.

If you've had a fixture created on a day that was not specified on the availability/affiliation sheet at the beginning of the season then the fixture Secretary is going to fixture games as and when he can, especially if two teams are available.

If it's something you feel strongly about, please complain via the correct channels as opposed to airing such negativity on here.

23 minutes ago, Chris wells said:

Aggie 6 st Buryan 1 , but according to the fat chap in the red top from st Buryan every Aggie player is shit , think score says it all,  little harsh I thought . My motm for them was there keeper . And the ref was prob one the best we had yet . Well done dean 

If this is Dean Kitley... In only his first full season he is one of the highest marked referees in the league. He's having a very good season. Great to hear praise Chris, thanks mate.

P.s don't worry about the guy in the red top :) water off a ducks back mate 

27 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

You mentioned about the game arranged with no referee. All games are arranged without referees, referees are added as and when the fixture have been created.

The issue you have with the fixtures is one you should bring up with the Fixtures Secretary. If you are unhappy with his response, then you can submit a complaint via the League Secretary. What is uncalled for however is labelling the league as a joke. It certainly annoys me when I see stuff like that considering the amount of work I/we do to make it one of the best league's in the County - often going above and beyond my/our roles in order to help our clubs and members. I'm sure many would agree.

If you've had a fixture created on a day that was not specified on the availability/affiliation sheet at the beginning of the season then the fixture Secretary is going to fixture games as and when he can, especially if two teams are available.

If it's something you feel strongly about, please complain via the correct channels as opposed to airing such negativity on here.

Perhaps my wording was unfair, however, what I have said has been taken completely out of proportion.

My issue isnt with the referees, or lack of. It is te fact that we have a certain number of referees, we have had a game refixtured when the number of fixtures already outweigh that of officials, yet we have to wait until 12 to call off. Thats half a day gone. Some wouslnt have been able to work etc. perhaps something to look at in the future?

2 minutes ago, YoungPercy said:

Perhaps my wording was unfair, however, what I have said has been taken completely out of proportion.

My issue isnt with the referees, or lack of. It is te fact that we have a certain number of referees, we have had a game refixtured when the number of fixtures already outweigh that of officials, yet we have to wait until 12 to call off. Thats half a day gone. Some wouslnt have been able to work etc. perhaps something to look at in the future?

I completely get that (and understand the point as you now make it).

Obviously I have nothing to do with Fixtures so I can't comment on what's actually occured in this situation. Just continue to have communications between Club Sec and league Fixtures Sec and hopefully we can all work together for a positive outcome for both sides in the future.

28 minutes ago, Chris wells said:

Aggie 6 st Buryan 1 , but according to the fat chap in the red top from st Buryan every Aggie player is shit , think score says it all,  little harsh I thought . My motm for them was there keeper . And the ref was prob one the best we had yet . Well done dean 

To be honest he say's that about every team every week so i wouldn't take it to heart! Aggie deserved the win but it does help when you've got a player playing well below his standard. Not to take anything away from Aggie, they deserved to win and St Buryan wish them all the best in the next round. Dean Kitley had a great game reffing. Hope to have him again soon. 

51 minutes ago, Chris wells said:

Who would have thought Santa was a Buryan fan?! Think those Aggie boys' stockings will be empty come December

7 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

I suggested this last year staggered kick off times. teams who can fixture them to k.off (fixture 1) 11.30/12 then (fixture 2) kick off 2.30/3 and have this as official league k.off times there will be teams that will benefit early kick off.

1 hour ago, Wingersshins said:

To be honest he say's that about every team every week so i wouldn't take it to heart! Aggie deserved the win but it does help when you've got a player playing well below his standard. Not to take anything away from Aggie, they deserved to win and St Buryan wish them all the best in the next round. Dean Kitley had a great game reffing. Hope to have him again soon. 

That’s Liam your talking abt and he’s been with me for 6 season and the last 2 wks he’s been ace and next year I’m sure he will step up 

49 minutes ago, jay1982 said:

Who would have thought Santa was a Buryan fan?! Think those Aggie boys' stockings will be empty come December

Ok if you say so 

1 minute ago, Wingersshins said:

He had a good game but was talking about your skipper. Brandon Light.

Lol he’s also been with me for season and half 

14 hours ago, Wingersshins said:

Brandon's a quick player and the team use that to full extent. Who knew kick and run could be so entertaining?! They did that for the whole of the second half against us 😂