Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cornishteddyboy

LWC Drinks Combination League Results and Latest Table - Saturday 23rd February 2019

Recommended Posts

Results for
Saturday 23rd February
Hayle (Cameron Irish) 1-1 St Just (Jack Willis)
Att - 20
Mullion (Elliott Courtman Lee Cattran) 2-5 Helston Athletic Reserves (Charlie Young 2, Craig Tanner, Joe Wright, Aaron Collick) 
Att - 45
Perranporth (Justin Searle 3, Matt Roberts) 4-0 Falmouth Town Reserves 
Att - 40
Perranwell (Chris Madeley, Lachlan Brace) 2-1 Penryn Athletic (Ryan Reeve) 
Att - 60
Porthleven Reserves (Marcus Smith) 1-5 Illogan RBL (Steve Abbott-Smith 2, Ashley Smeeth ,Anton Oliver, Jason Roberts) 
Att - 49
RNAS Culdrose (Matt Bulcock 2, Dylan Plenty, Matt Carter-Brown) 4-2 St Agnes 
Att - 15
St Day (James Daniel 3, Tyler Oliver, Chris Dower, Sam Buckley, Luke Hart) 7-0 Redruth United 
Att - 51
St Ives Town (Ross Duncan 2) 2-0 Lizard Argyle 
Att - 30
Wendron United (Guill McIvor, Matt Potts, Lee Pawley) 3-3 Pendeen Rovers (Chris Bullock, Luke Jenkin, Sean Sweeny) 
Att - 18

As at 5.30pm 23/2/19
POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 PERRANPORTH 23 19 2 2 83 23 60 59
2 HELSTON ATHLETIC RESERVES 27 19 1 7 96 43 53 58
3 PENRYN ATHLETIC 24 17 2 5 93 23 70 55*
4 ST DAY 25 17 3 5 89 41 48 54
5 ST IVES TOWN 24 17 2 5 78 24 54 53
6 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 29 17 2 10 83 42 41 53
7 HAYLE 26 13 2 11 67 50 17 41
8 ILLOGAN RBL 22 13 2 7 65 32 33 41
9 PERRANWELL 20 13 1 6 39 21 18 40
10 RNAS CULDROSE 22 9 3 9 42 55 -13 30
11 PENDEEN ROVERS 26 9 2 15 52 65 -13 29
12 ST AGNES 25 8 5 12 53 74 -21 29
13 WENDRON UNITED RESERVES 23 7 6 10 50 55 -7 27
14 MULLION 26 8 2 16 37 68 -31 26
15 ST JUST 24 5 7 12 38 55 -17 24*
16 LIZARD ARGYLE 25 7 3 15 45 70 -25 24
17 REDRUTH UNITED 26 6 1 19 36 96 -60 19
18 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 26 4 1 22 40 150 -90 9*
19 CARHARRACK 21 0 3 18 17 134 -117 -1*
* POINTS ADJUSTED

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perranwell 2 Penryn 1 - A weeks break for warm weather training down Falmouth and Perranwell’s 10 men did away with Harry’s boys with a salty performance at the Well. Despite the possession they had Penryn couldn’t find a way through Perran’s dogged defence and outstanding keeper Adam Hayne. A penalty each and an outstanding finish  from Chris Madely wrapped up the points for the Well leaving the Pope’s prayers unanswered! 

Harsh decision for the sending off and some appalling language from Penryn’s keeper and bench left a sour taste with so many children and ladies present; completely unnecessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Redruth 3 nil down after 5 mins 4 after 10 game was gone kept going despite the score but thoroughly beaten by the better team. Very impressed with the young keeper for st. Day 16 the boy has got a great future hopefully 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Harry Pope said:

well played to Perranwell today and good luck for your ground grading and push for promotion!! all the best for the rest of the season

Sour grapes springs to mind ! At least all of those at Perranwell know what they got unlike some that move around from club to club 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harry Pope said:

well played to Perranwell today and good luck for your ground grading and push for promotion!! all the best for the rest of the season

Not even a Fish & Chip Shop League you have won Kid, sorry to disappoint you but you got a very long way to go yet & a few league's before you can give it the 'Big One' Perranwell are a well respected club, have some respect young boy. 

🤣🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perranwell 2, Penryn 1

"Andy's" summary above concise and accurate but there's more to tell. Each week, as long as there isn't a high wind, I look to see where I might go for a decent game and entertainment. I wasn't disappointed today! Many years since I've been to Perranwell's ground and little has changed: new stakes and rope for the "fence", new benches (!) and there never used to be teas served from the back of the covered bit, but the support was tremendous: a smattering of yummy mummies with toddlers, a great-granny with 12 g-g-children, one or two former players: and, being a bit of a local derby, a decent number from Penryn. But how can this venue qualify for step 7?

Goals: 1 - 0 (34) Lachlan Brace (pen), Perranwell player sent off (52), 2 - 0 (56) Chris Madeley (I was sitting next to his wife, kiddie and (I think) m-in-law at the time: magic!) 2 - 1 (80) Ryan Reeve (pen).

Loads of bile, venom and inappropriate language from both benches directed towards the ref, one another and players. Perhaps not a plus point but adding to the atmosphere. The insult swapping continued after the game.

One warming point, the home players taking the nets down after the game. What? Players doing something other than just turning up to play? Terrific to see it.

Nice cuppa from dishy tea-lady at half-time. Okay, the manager's wife but worth having a cup of tea from (the usual £1).

Perranwell's 'keeper was my man of the match, an outstanding display especially in the latter stages of the second half. Pity that a couple of times in the first half their enormous centre half ignored his call - cardinal sin in my day and likely to result in a verbal and physical battering  from the advancing 'keeper! Penryn kept "building from the back" even in the last 20 when they should have been playing it forward quickly and following up from midfield. And when they did finally play it forward it was almost always straight to where that giant centre half was when they had no-one to match him in the air. Perranwell contained what little threat Penryn posed very competently and only conceded the penalty which was - harsh. Defender dives full length to head the ball, unfortunately heads the ball sharply downwards, it rebounds up and hits his arm - outstretched because he was diving full length - and a pen was awarded.

A section of Penryn's fans caused a ruckus and the ref spent some time dealing with them via the manager and we even heard him threatening to abandon the game!

And amidst all this, whilst buying my tea from the aforementioned dishy tea lady I missed the guy collecting the entry money and when I saw him at the end of the game he wouldn't take my money, so all of this (bar the tea) was free! Why pay so much to watch Premier league?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Hayle 1 - St Just 1

Good result for the Tinners considering recent form and the different positions in the league. Well done St Just.

 

29 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Hayle 1 - St Just 1

Good result for the Tinners considering recent form and the different positions in the league. Well done St Just.

 

Fair result good battle for 90 minutes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Postman Pat said:

Redruth 3 nil down after 5 mins 4 after 10 game was gone kept going despite the score but thoroughly beaten by the better team. Very impressed with the young keeper for st. Day 16 the boy has got a great future hopefully 

Thanks Martin, we appreciate your kind words & certainly agree with your assessment of Ben. 

I must say a huge thank you to yourself for continuing to run the line, despite a second half injury. Your boys played some good football at times, so they should be proud of that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

Perranwell 2, Penryn 1

"Andy's" summary above concise and accurate but there's more to tell. Each week, as long as there isn't a high wind, I look to see where I might go for a decent game and entertainment. I wasn't disappointed today! Many years since I've been to Perranwell's ground and little has changed: new stakes and rope for the "fence", new benches (!) and there never used to be teas served from the back of the covered bit, but the support was tremendous: a smattering of yummy mummies with toddlers, a great-granny with 12 g-g-children, one or two former players: and, being a bit of a local derby, a decent number from Penryn. But how can this venue qualify for step 7?

Goals: 1 - 0 (34) Lachlan Brace (pen), Perranwell player sent off (52), 2 - 0 (56) Chris Madeley (I was sitting next to his wife, kiddie and (I think) m-in-law at the time: magic!) 2 - 1 (80) Ryan Reeve (pen).

Loads of bile, venom and inappropriate language from both benches directed towards the ref, one another and players. Perhaps not a plus point but adding to the atmosphere. The insult swapping continued after the game.

One warming point, the home players taking the nets down after the game. What? Players doing something other than just turning up to play? Terrific to see it.

Nice cuppa from dishy tea-lady at half-time. Okay, the manager's wife but worth having a cup of tea from (the usual £1).

Perranwell's 'keeper was my man of the match, an outstanding display especially in the latter stages of the second half. Pity that a couple of times in the first half their enormous centre half ignored his call - cardinal sin in my day and likely to result in a verbal and physical battering  from the advancing 'keeper! Penryn kept "building from the back" even in the last 20 when they should have been playing it forward quickly and following up from midfield. And when they did finally play it forward it was almost always straight to where that giant centre half was when they had no-one to match him in the air. Perranwell contained what little threat Penryn posed very competently and only conceded the penalty which was - harsh. Defender dives full length to head the ball, unfortunately heads the ball sharply downwards, it rebounds up and hits his arm - outstretched because he was diving full length - and a pen was awarded.

A section of Penryn's fans caused a ruckus and the ref spent some time dealing with them via the manager and we even heard him threatening to abandon the game!

And amidst all this, whilst buying my tea from the aforementioned dishy tea lady I missed the guy collecting the entry money and when I saw him at the end of the game he wouldn't take my money, so all of this (bar the tea) was free! Why pay so much to watch Premier league?

It can qualify for step 7 Tom because of the work and passion of all involved with the club, you saw it for yourself, the players all pay £4 a game to represent this club and think nothing of taking down the nets, forking the pitch, putting up the ropes and dugouts, or anything else that needs doing. They truly play for the badge and we are an exceptionally fortunate club to be represented on the pitch by such a group of players. With the new dugouts we will meet the required ground standards, yes we wish we had facilities that we owned and that our players deserve and that might come in time, but for now we are the Well, united as a club, a team and supporters and we are ready to take on all comers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Andys said:

It can qualify for step 7 Tom because of the work and passion of all involved with the club, you saw it for yourself, the players all pay £4 a game to represent this club and think nothing of taking down the nets, forking the pitch, putting up the ropes and dugouts, or anything else that needs doing. They truly play for the badge and we are an exceptionally fortunate club to be represented on the pitch by such a group of players. With the new dugouts we will meet the required ground standards, yes we wish we had facilities that we owned and that our players deserve and that might come in time, but for now we are the Well, united as a club, a team and supporters and we are ready to take on all comers.

Not sure passion is part of the criteria.. 

For me, perranwell have an extremely slim chance of qualifying. I’m sure it’s getting slopier every year now! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

Perranwell 2, Penryn 1

"Andy's" summary above concise and accurate but there's more to tell. Each week, as long as there isn't a high wind, I look to see where I might go for a decent game and entertainment. I wasn't disappointed today! Many years since I've been to Perranwell's ground and little has changed: new stakes and rope for the "fence", new benches (!) and there never used to be teas served from the back of the covered bit, but the support was tremendous: a smattering of yummy mummies with toddlers, a great-granny with 12 g-g-children, one or two former players: and, being a bit of a local derby, a decent number from Penryn. But how can this venue qualify for step 7?

Goals: 1 - 0 (34) Lachlan Brace (pen), Perranwell player sent off (52), 2 - 0 (56) Chris Madeley (I was sitting next to his wife, kiddie and (I think) m-in-law at the time: magic!) 2 - 1 (80) Ryan Reeve (pen).

Loads of bile, venom and inappropriate language from both benches directed towards the ref, one another and players. Perhaps not a plus point but adding to the atmosphere. The insult swapping continued after the game.

One warming point, the home players taking the nets down after the game. What? Players doing something other than just turning up to play? Terrific to see it.

Nice cuppa from dishy tea-lady at half-time. Okay, the manager's wife but worth having a cup of tea from (the usual £1).

Perranwell's 'keeper was my man of the match, an outstanding display especially in the latter stages of the second half. Pity that a couple of times in the first half their enormous centre half ignored his call - cardinal sin in my day and likely to result in a verbal and physical battering  from the advancing 'keeper! Penryn kept "building from the back" even in the last 20 when they should have been playing it forward quickly and following up from midfield. And when they did finally play it forward it was almost always straight to where that giant centre half was when they had no-one to match him in the air. Perranwell contained what little threat Penryn posed very competently and only conceded the penalty which was - harsh. Defender dives full length to head the ball, unfortunately heads the ball sharply downwards, it rebounds up and hits his arm - outstretched because he was diving full length - and a pen was awarded.

A section of Penryn's fans caused a ruckus and the ref spent some time dealing with them via the manager and we even heard him threatening to abandon the game!

And amidst all this, whilst buying my tea from the aforementioned dishy tea lady I missed the guy collecting the entry money and when I saw him at the end of the game he wouldn't take my money, so all of this (bar the tea) was free! Why pay so much to watch Premier league?

I believe there have been teas etc served in the hut for over 40 years so it must have been some time ago since you visited the Well .

Another point why do you say “ how can this venue qualify for step 7 “ yes the slope does look bad but playing on it never really had a problem with it , the changing rooms are an adequate size unlike your local club which are like a rabbit hutch .

Many teams do have a better pitch but it’s what we have so just accept it and stop moaning , and next week they are going to a wonderful venue Pendeen 😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I believe there have been teas etc served in the hut for over 40 years so it must have been some time ago since you visited the Well .

Another point why do you say “ how can this venue qualify for step 7 “ yes the slope does look bad but playing on it never really had a problem with it , the changing rooms are an adequate size unlike your local club which are like a rabbit hutch .

Many teams do have a better pitch but it’s what we have so just accept it and stop moaning , and next week they are going to a wonderful venue Pendeen 😂😂

You got to admit Perranwell is like a primary school pitch.  The slope would be a embarrassment for a Step 7 league, I can't see it passing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mr Justice said:

You got to admit Perranwell is like a primary school pitch.  The slope would be a embarrassment for a Step 7 league, I can't see it passing. 

Surely if St Austell is good enough for Step 6, Perranwell can get the ok for Step 7!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr Justice said:

You got to admit Perranwell is like a primary school pitch.  The slope would be a embarrassment for a Step 7 league, I can't see it passing. 

Obviously with your grammar you didn’t injest your primary school education ..  

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Surely if St Austell is good enough for Step 6, Perranwell can get the ok for Step 7!

It’s only tin pot football after all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr Justice said:

You got to admit Perranwell is like a primary school pitch.  The slope would be a embarrassment for a Step 7 league, I can't see it passing. 

Have you been to St Austell, step 6?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

I believe there have been teas etc served in the hut for over 40 years so it must have been some time ago since you visited the Well .

Another point why do you say “ how can this venue qualify for step 7 “ yes the slope does look bad but playing on it never really had a problem with it , the changing rooms are an adequate size unlike your local club which are like a rabbit hutch .

Many teams do have a better pitch but it’s what we have so just accept it and stop moaning , and next week they are going to a wonderful venue Pendeen 😂😂

Nothing wrong with Pendeen you disrespectful person!!we worked hard to get the ground grading and get back to combination football and I strongly believe our facility’s are better than some of the so called founder members of the combination league,I hope the combination league stick to there guns and these so called founder member clubs get up to the ground grading because it’s embarrassing seeing some of the pitches and facility’s in this league if clubs trying to gain entry to combination league need to be at a certain standard then so should the clubs already there ie dugouts 4metres long not a park bench 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, wazza1999 said:

Nothing wrong with Pendeen you disrespectful person!!we worked hard to get the ground grading and get back to combination football and I strongly believe our facility’s are better than some of the so called founder members of the combination league,I hope the combination league stick to there guns and these so called founder member clubs get up to the ground grading because it’s embarrassing seeing some of the pitches and facility’s in this league if clubs trying to gain entry to combination league need to be at a certain standard then so should the clubs already there ie dugouts 4metres long not a park bench 🤔

Nothing wrong with Pendeensgriund it facilities. It’s just grilling miles away and that’s probably what the poster meant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, wazza1999 said:

Nothing wrong with Pendeen you disrespectful person!!we worked hard to get the ground grading and get back to combination football and I strongly believe our facility’s are better than some of the so called founder members of the combination league,I hope the combination league stick to there guns and these so called founder member clubs get up to the ground grading because it’s embarrassing seeing some of the pitches and facility’s in this league if clubs trying to gain entry to combination league need to be at a certain standard then so should the clubs already there ie dugouts 4metres long not a park bench 🤔

have to agree with you there Wayne. when we won promotion to combo with Carharrack we were told we had to rebuild the dugouts to be able to fit 8 men in and they had to be a certain distance away from the pitch.. seems silly that Carharrack had to spend money to do that just to be eligible for promotion, when some clubs dont even have any at all. one of my substitutes broke wind in the portable dugout at perranwell on saturday and the thing nearly collapsed! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/02/2019 at 15:08, Dave Deacon said:

Surely if St Austell is good enough for Step 6, Perranwell can get the ok for Step 7!

I believe that St Austell just meets the maximum 1 in 40 slope allowed.  If the slope at Perranwell doesn't exceed that then that then there won't be a problem with that side of things.  I'm sure John Mead will be measuring it during his grading visit.  As regards other grading requirements, the FA are allowing a dispensation until 31st March 2021 to rectify any non-compliances so providing a club can demonstrate that permissions, plans and finance are in place to complete any required works then a ground grading failure will not necessarily stop an application.

 

3 hours ago, Cornish Dave said:

Perranwell have to finish high enough to get promoted. Looking at the league table if they finish 9th then another year in combo 🙈

Speculative.  It all depends on who has applied and from what leagues.  The confirmed list of applications will be published on Thursday then everybody can start looking at how it will all stack up on the points per game calculations.  But let's not forget, there's a decent chunk of the season still to play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has taken years for Mullion, Perranwell and Pendeen to develop their slopes. Stop dissing them. 

With Perranwell's double slope does it have to be 1 in 40 down the pitch, across the pitch or diagonally from corner post to corner post.  Not sure if John Mead has a sextant!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cornishteddyboy said:

It has taken years for Mullion, Perranwell and Pendeen to develop their slopes. Stop dissing them. 

With Perranwell's double slope does it have to be 1 in 40 down the pitch, across the pitch or diagonally from corner post to corner post.  Not sure if John Mead has a sextant!

Pendeen's pitch slopes towards the sea too - Mmmm. Nice people though !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who cares? Football has been played on these pitches for years.

Good enough then...good enough now, what bleddy level we playing at here?

How much money does the FA think there is down here? 

8 in a dugout, no wonder there's not enough players to go around anymore....they're all on the bench!

We played without changing rooms, showers, clubhouse and so on.... look what you've got now - git on wiv it for gawds sake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cornishteddyboy said:

It has taken years for Mullion, Perranwell and Pendeen to develop their slopes. Stop dissing them. 

With Perranwell's double slope does it have to be 1 in 40 down the pitch, across the pitch or diagonally from corner post to corner post.  Not sure if John Mead has a sextant!

What about abseiling equipment?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the FA ground gradings requirement for Step 7:

" The maximum slope allowable shall not exceed an even gradient of vertical to horizontal 1 : 41 in any direction. "

There isn't really too much in the grading documents that clubs have to do at pitchside for Step 7, dugouts (temporary ones are OK as long as they are properly fixed when in use) and at a minimum a roped-off pitch on the sides spectators can use. The main criteria for this level are related to the changing rooms.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

It has taken years for Mullion, Perranwell and Pendeen to develop their slopes. Stop dissing them. 

With Perranwell's double slope does it have to be 1 in 40 down the pitch, across the pitch or diagonally from corner post to corner post.  Not sure if John Mead has a sextant!

I've not got a sextant but I have got an altimeter app on my phone to give accurate GPS readings of the height above sea-level. A little bit of maths will then provide the answer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Richard Rundle said:

From the FA ground gradings requirement for Step 7:

" The maximum slope allowable shall not exceed an even gradient of vertical to horizontal 1 : 41 in any direction. "

There isn't really too much in the grading documents that clubs have to do at pitchside for Step 7, dugouts (temporary ones are OK as long as they are properly fixed when in use) and at a minimum a roped-off pitch on the sides spectators can use. The main criteria for this level are related to the changing rooms.

 

 

On 25/02/2019 at 16:47, Harry Pope said:

have to agree with you there Wayne. when we won promotion to combo with Carharrack we were told we had to rebuild the dugouts to be able to fit 8 men in and they had to be a certain distance away from the pitch.. seems silly that Carharrack had to spend money to do that just to be eligible for promotion, when some clubs dont even have any at all. one of my substitutes broke wind in the portable dugout at perranwell on saturday and the thing nearly collapsed! 

shame you didn’t stay in your hutch on Saturday as you was  an embarrassment to Penryn Football club with your foul language 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...