DIVISION ONE WEST

Bere Alston United 0-4 Porthleven 

Dobwalls 2-3 St.Blazey     

Holsworthy 0-3 St Dennis 

Ludgvan 1-6 Plymouth Marjon       

Mousehole 2-1 Liskeard Athletic    

Penzance 2-1 Bude Town 

Plymstock United 2-0 Wendron United

Indeed it should! One that I believe Liskeard can possibly afford to lose aswell. Be a great game between in my opinion the league's two best sides . 

Some very poor games as well, big clubs like St.Blazey, Penzance & Porthleven all playing sides they would of never thought of playing in competitive fixture's only a few seasons ago

28 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Indeed it should! One that I believe Liskeard can possibly afford to lose aswell. Be a great game between in my opinion the league's two best sides . 

Some very poor games as well, big clubs like St.Blazey, Penzance & Porthleven all playing sides they would of never thought of playing in competitive fixture's only a few seasons ago

Teams that you may be playing  before to long leedsunited.

17 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

Teams that you may be playing  before to long leedsunited

Reckon TCFC will be bust before we play the likes of Bude, Bere & Dobwalls in competitive football Ray ( no disrespect intended .... Stick to taking the purple hair brigade around Truro in your ford fiesta & leave the football to the younger guys .... 😉

Took a trip over to Poltair to see the St Austell match vs Saltash and what a cracker of a game ,St AUSTELL went 1-0 up a great shot from  Mark Goldsworthy across Saltash goalie Ryan Rickard and into the bottom corner ,the 2ND GOAL the ball broke to Neil Slateford after the Saltash defence failed to clear the danger and Smokies Mate Neil powered the ball in to make it 2-0 .The 2nd half started at a cracking pace with Saltash on the attack and they got a dubious pen when Ryan Richards went down in the area ,up Stepped Danny Lewis to beat Jason Chapman ,in my opinion it was never a pen but Saltash should of had 1 later in the game which looked a clear pen when Sam Hughes was tripped when going through on goal .This game was a fine advert for local football and if these 2 teams meet each other in the Easter Monday final it will be a cracker .My mom for St Austell goes to TOM CHAMBERS he didnt give Saltash dangerman RYAN RICHARDS a kick all afternoon and for Saltash its DANNY LEWIS for me he was brilliant in midfield . Always get a warm welcome when me and my Smokie dog go to St Austells ground ,nice going to some friendly grounds but some places you go they are  .Well done ST AUSTELL AND SALTASH for a really entertaining game thought a draw would of been a fairer result but thats how it goes . Also Rayvon Plymouth Argyle had a few players with 1st team experiance in COOPER ,MOORE , JEPHCOTT, AINSWORTH ,AND ALEX FLETCHER   WHO SCORED TWICE AND AINSWORTH GOT THE OTHER GOAL

Torpoint Athletic 0-0 Cullompton Rangers

Att: 104

MOM Josh McCabe (Torpoint)

Torpoint had the better of the first half chances through Luke Cloke and Cullompton had the best of the second half chances through Ash Donohue he even hit the cross bar. A draw was just about the fair result. This is last meeting with  Cullompton now as the new league stacture next season.

40 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Took a trip over to Poltair to see the St Austell match vs Saltash and what a cracker of a game ,St AUSTELL went 1-0 up a great shot from  Mark Goldsworthy across Saltash goalie Ryan Rickard and into the bottom corner ,the 2ND GOAL the ball broke to Neil Slateford after the Saltash defence failed to clear the danger and Smokies Mate Neil powered the ball in to make it 2-0 .The 2nd half started at a cracking pace with Saltash on the attack and they got a dubious pen when Ryan Richards went down in the area ,up Stepped Danny Lewis to beat Jason Chapman ,in my opinion it was never a pen but Saltash should of had 1 later in the game which looked a clear pen when Sam Hughes was tripped when going through on goal .This game was a fine advert for local football and if these 2 teams meet each other in the Easter Monday final it will be a cracker .My mom for St Austell goes to TOM CHAMBERS he didnt give Saltash dangerman RYAN RICHARDS a kick all afternoon and for Saltash its DANNY LEWIS for me he was brilliant in midfield . Always get a warm welcome when me and my Smokie dog go to St Austells ground ,nice going to some friendly grounds but some places you go they are assholes .Well done ST AUSTELL AND SALTASH for a really entertaining game thought a draw would of been a fairer result but thats how it goes . Also Rayvon Plymouth Argyle had a few players with 1st team experiance in COOPER ,MOORE , JEPHCOTT, AINSWORTH ,AND ALEX FLETCHER   WHO SCORED TWICE AND AINSWORTH GOT THE OTHER GOAL

Agree re the 2 penalty incidents. However was expecting a much better game than these teams dished up. Very few shots on target and not too much football on the deck. The pitch, which wasn’t looking very good in August, is considerably worse now. Saltash almost worth with a point but sure St A will be happy with the 3 points. St A v Falmouth should be a cracking SF.

14 minutes ago, baldy said:

Agree re the 2 penalty incidents. However was expecting a much better game than these teams dished up. Very few shots on target and not too much football on the deck. The pitch, which wasn’t looking very good in August, is considerably worse now. Saltash almost worth with a point but sure St A will be happy with the 3 points. St A v Falmouth should be a cracking SF.

Yes, and will be in the final quite easily. Falmouth lost again today !

22 hours ago, Del Boy said:

Mousehole v Liskeard should be cracker two top sides go head to head. Predict home win 2-1. 

I should take up gambling 😂

Good game to watch, better footballing side win through on the day as you expect. Liskeard started very well and looked dangerous on the break and took the lead after 10 mins. Mousehole back on level terms before half time. Then took the lead midway through second half and couple added a couple more.

There was a did it or didn’t it cross the line for Liskeard, couldn’t see  as I was at the other end, followed up by a cracking half volley which hit the inside of the post very unlucky. 

Liskeard a good team, just edged out today by the better football team in my opinion. Only down side for Liskeard.......my god can moan about every decision. 

Game refered by Premiership linesman Simon Long, first half favoured visitors second half he favoured the home side. Some very soft yellows for both sides. 

2 hours ago, Del Boy said:

I should take up gambling 😂

Good game to watch, better footballing side win through on the day as you expect. Liskeard started very well and looked dangerous on the break and took the lead after 10 mins. Mousehole back on level terms before half time. Then took the lead midway through second half and couple added a couple more.

There was a did it or didn’t it cross the line for Liskeard, couldn’t see  as I was at the other end, followed up by a cracking half volley which hit the inside of the post very unlucky. 

Liskeard a good team, just edged out today by the better football team in my opinion. Only down side for Liskeard.......my god can moan about every decision. 

Game refered by Premiership linesman Simon Long, first half favoured visitors second half he favoured the home side. Some very soft yellows for both sides. 

Agreed. No. 10 & 5 for Liskeard were decent, 8 took goal well but anonymous second half. Mousehole a good unit 

As a neutral liskaerd an exceptional footballing team much better out fit than last season .1st half liskaerd deserved to be in front no 10 being the best player on show , 2nd half Mousehole dominated possession creating numerous chances although liskaerd had a dubious decision but fog was horrendous,. In the end Mousehole edged it but credit to both teams both teams tried to play football, and on today although Mousehole won liskaerd strength will win promotion and title. Only disappointing note was how the  management and staff of liskaerd  handing envelopes to players  in club house ,also abused players and staff of host team Mousehole , although Mousehole bring player from out of county people need to get a grip and move on and be gracious in defeat .move on with the times 👍

17 minutes ago, NTforever said:

Agreed. No. 10 & 5 for Liskeard were decent, 8 took goal well but anonymous second half. Mousehole a good unit 

Mousehole by far and away the best team we (Plymouth Marjon) have faced this season.

Their form (and results) have been excellent since Kevin Nicholson went in there as player / manager and they have 100% record in the League in 2019.

They may have given themselves too much to do with their early season blip in September but with today’s result they may have a say in the title race in the coming weeks.

On their current form I can’t see them dropping anymore points between now and the end of the season (even though we go there in April 👀) and with Porthleven winning today it could be a three horse race now for the title.

Still in Liskeard’s hands and would be theirs to lose but it’s going to be an interesting climax to the season over the next couple of months. 

9 hours ago, CoachKT said:

Mousehole by far and away the best team we (Plymouth Marjon) have faced this season.

Their form (and results) have been excellent since Kevin Nicholson went in there as player / manager and they have 100% record in the League in 2019.

They may have given themselves too much to do with their early season blip in September but with today’s result they may have a say in the title race in the coming weeks.

On their current form I can’t see them dropping anymore points between now and the end of the season (even though we go there in April 👀) and with Porthleven winning today it could be a three horse race now for the title.

Still in Liskeard’s hands and would be theirs to lose but it’s going to be an interesting climax to the season over the next couple of months. 

Liskeard's to lose & impossible to win every game. Not many if any will take points off Mousehole now & with what they have done without a budget it remarkable. However, the limited games I have seen these two are the standout teams in a poor Division by a very long way, & to be critical of Liskeard handing out envelopes after a game ... Come on ... Get with it guy's .... There are some teams in that league ( West ) paying out £250/£300  a game in expenses & won't win bugger all. Now that's what I call embarrassing .... 🎣🎣

Mousehole without a budget ?????? Really,,,,, train tickets,, taxis,, food and expenses,,, and I'm sure that the imported players don't just turn up because they love the club!!!!!I

I'm afraid that what is going on here is not encouraging local football to thrive and, as in most cases, won't be sustainable.  

Not sour grapes but I can understand the frustrations of the locally based opposition in this case.

MQx

4 hours ago, Martin McHugh said:

Mousehole without a budget ?????? Really,,,,, train tickets,, taxis,, food and expenses,,, and I'm sure that the imported players don't just turn up because they love the club!!!!!I

I'm afraid that what is going on here is not encouraging local football to thrive and, as in most cases, won't be sustainable.  

Not sour grapes but I can understand the frustrations of the locally based opposition in this case.

MQx

I'm only going what was posted on here previous by supporters & even an ex Mousehole manager who all said there was no budget! But like I said there are many teams in that league spending more than Premier Division clubs ! Only one team can win it 

8 hours ago, Martin McHugh said:

MQx

worst-dummy-spit-ever.jpg

9 hours ago, Martin McHugh said:

MQx

images.jpeg.jpg

Just a real supporter of local football Kev and anyone who knows me will understand where my passions lie regarding this.  The better team may have won on the day but at what cost.  What happens to the club next season when the money disappears to fund another club???  Will the "travelling players" keep turning up then??

Bait taken,, answers given,, passion for local football explained,,  good luck to all players, home grown and imported, for the rest of the season.

MQx

1 hour ago, Martin McHugh said:

Just a real supporter of local football Kev and anyone who knows me will understand where my passions lie regarding this.  The better team may have won on the day but at what cost.  What happens to the club next season when the money disappears to fund another club???  Will the "travelling players" keep turning up then??

Bait taken,, answers given,, passion for local football explained,,  good luck to all players, home grown and imported, for the rest of the season.

MQx

when-people-ask-dz6hcm.jpg

On 23/02/2019 at 21:01, BIG AL said:

But still lost the game and last week against a lower club. The future this season is not good !

Big Al do you remember 1966/67?

On 23/02/2019 at 18:11, 100%cornish said:

Took a trip over to Poltair to see the St Austell match vs Saltash and what a cracker of a game ,St AUSTELL went 1-0 up a great shot from  Mark Goldsworthy across Saltash goalie Ryan Rickard and into the bottom corner ,the 2ND GOAL the ball broke to Neil Slateford after the Saltash defence failed to clear the danger and Smokies Mate Neil powered the ball in to make it 2-0 .The 2nd half started at a cracking pace with Saltash on the attack and they got a dubious pen when Ryan Richards went down in the area ,up Stepped Danny Lewis to beat Jason Chapman ,in my opinion it was never a pen but Saltash should of had 1 later in the game which looked a clear pen when Sam Hughes was tripped when going through on goal .This game was a fine advert for local football and if these 2 teams meet each other in the Easter Monday final it will be a cracker .My mom for St Austell goes to TOM CHAMBERS he didnt give Saltash dangerman RYAN RICHARDS a kick all afternoon and for Saltash its DANNY LEWIS for me he was brilliant in midfield . Always get a warm welcome when me and my Smokie dog go to St Austells ground ,nice going to some friendly grounds but some places you go they are  .Well done ST AUSTELL AND SALTASH for a really entertaining game thought a draw would of been a fairer result but thats how it goes . Also Rayvon Plymouth Argyle had a few players with 1st team experiance in COOPER ,MOORE , JEPHCOTT, AINSWORTH ,AND ALEX FLETCHER   WHO SCORED TWICE AND AINSWORTH GOT THE OTHER GOAL

All the goals were scored in the first half.

• Dave Deacon unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...