Cornwall Football Forum

Decided to look for different premises but have been quoted saying that they will NOT be using the new stadium for Truro/Pirates venue as they believe it's not geographically suitable .... Makes me wonder if the County FA don't support the White Elephant, then how do they expect £3 Million quid from central government 🤣🤣🤣

6 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

If the County can get the funding, might as well go their own I reckon. And as far as the geography of the county goes, somewhere between Bodmin and Carland Cross (close to the A30) is  probably more central and easier to get to than Threemilestone Truro.

So why wasn't this theory put in place when discussing the location of the Stadium Dave? The more 'central' location to make it easier to get to?

Ever since the inception of Carrick district council everything has been directed to Truro, and it continues with the county council.

S4C and thousands of houses on that road is lunacy. Of course the stadium should be built as close to the A30 as possible, and as central to Cornwall as can be.

This has been obvious from its first mutings to anyone with a brain cell.

Tcfc deciding not to go with the stadium is common sense, 300 spectators in a 6 to 10,000 seater stadium would have been the end of them.

The delay in government funding can only be because the business plan  does not stack up...now there's a surprise!

Treliske hospital should also be moved to the same area and the old site used for the new "town" they are trying to create on the worst road in the county.

Governed by fools.

9 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

If the County can get the funding, might as well go their own I reckon. And as far as the geography of the county goes, somewhere between Bodmin and Carland Cross (close to the A30) is  probably more central and easier to get to than Threemilestone Truro.

What will the public transport be like getting to Carland Cross?

2 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Ever since the inception of Carrick district council everything has been directed to Truro, and it continues with the county council.

S4C and thousands of houses on that road is lunacy. Of course the stadium should be built as close to the A30 as possible, and as central to Cornwall as can be.

This has been obvious from its first mutings to anyone with a brain cell.

Tcfc deciding not to go with the stadium is common sense, 300 spectators in a 6 to 10,000 seater stadium would have been the end of them.

The delay in government funding can only be because the business plan  does not stack up...now there's a surprise!

Treliske hospital should also be moved to the same area and the old site used for the new "town" they are trying to create on the worst road in the county.

Governed by fools.

If you have an elderly couple who don't drive and one of them is in hospital, will there be good public transport for them to visit their loved ones at Carland Cross.  Seems to me that some people on here take the stance of 'I'm alright Jack!'

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

So why wasn't this theory put in place when discussing the location of the Stadium Dave? The more 'central' location to make it easier to get to?

By “County” I mean the Cornwall FA.

The Cornish Pirates and Truro College always wanted to be in Truro I think didn’t they?

1 hour ago, Goldeneye said:

What will the public transport be like getting to Carland Cross?

If you have an elderly couple who don't drive and one of them is in hospital, will there be good public transport for them to visit their loved ones at Carland Cross.  Seems to me that some people on here take the stance of 'I'm alright Jack!'

Of course if the S4C is ever built I would expect an improved public transport system as part of the business plan.

Or even a dedicated service perhaps.