Cornwall Football Forum

Gilby and Laffs join forces!

12 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Thats it Dave thanks seen him play many times and he was always good .My Cornish team would be 1 Barnes ,2 Giles ,3 Watts,4 Cooper,5 Menhenick ,6 J Lowry 7 Slateford 8 S ,Colwell 9Eddy 10 Carter 11 Jack Bray Evans 12 J Annear 14H Downing 15 Jake Ash 16 M Duff 17 William Vouama of Mousehole

I thought Colwell was a Plymouth boy ?

9 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Hi Fanfare Ryan Barnes was my fav goalie ,but i got talking to Josh Oak and he seems a nicer person ,and secret scout these are some of the players i would have in my team  in goal would have to be Ryan Barnes Josh Oak would of been my 1st choice would of had Josh Robbins at full back but hes across the river in Devon in Tavi so it would be Martin Watts and martin Giles Joe Cooper Nigel Menhenick  i would have Neil Slateford , Jamie Lowry ,and Newquays Jack BRAY Evans  in midfield and 2 strikers would be Liam Eddy and Jordan Annear

You going to play with ten men? Must be confident!

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

i didnt look at there birth certificates i just picked a strong team of players that play in Cornwall

and it looked like i had picked 11 players it says Jake Ash was born in Truro so i think that makes him a Cornish boy me Ansoms

Both Colwell and Carter play in Devon though..... 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

they both turn out  for Bodmin and Torpoint as well and Newquays Chris Morris who was Cornish played for the Republic of Ireland because Granny was Irish

Think your clutching at straws now 100%.  Perhaps if you picked a team of born in Cornwall players you would now agree coming second is on.

On 15/02/2019 at 11:12, 100%cornish said:

Hi Fanfare Ryan Barnes was my fav goalie ,but i got talking to Josh Oak and he seems a nicer person ,and secret scout these are some of the players i would have in my team  in goal would have to be Ryan Barnes Josh Oak would of been my 1st choice would of had Josh Robbins at full back but hes across the river in Devon in Tavi so it would be Martin Watts and martin Giles Joe Cooper Nigel Menhenick  i would have Neil Slateford , Jamie Lowry ,and Newquays Jack BRAY Evans  in midfield and 2 strikers would be Liam Eddy and Jordan Annear

How old is that back four.  Rocky and Levi would destroy that. 

Would  have a back four of, David blizzard, James ward, Callum O’Brien, Tom Annear. 

I agree with St Austell being a good team too. They would do very well in Parkways league also. He did very well against us earlier in the season and is a quick dangerous striker , however he would not bang in so many if he moved up. The defences are much better in the higher league. Carter scored 40 or so goals each season in the lower league and is not prolific now. He has other qualities that are helping the team at the moment. 

Parkway are a much more stronger unit these days , dont think St A would hammer us now. But who knows eh. Football is a funny old game.

3 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Good BACK 4 Liam Eddy has got to be the best striker around at the moment Levi and Rocky not scoring like he is every week

Levi has a record of almost a goal every game in a team playing at a much higher level. Rocky Neal was Truro's top scorer before moving to Taunton where, again, he is banging in goals at a much higher level. I'm not doubting that Eddy isn't a good striker, he always causes Parkway problems, but to say he's better than Levi and Rocky? Sorry 100% but you're off your rocker

1 hour ago, gingerninja said:

Levi has a record of almost a goal every game in a team playing at a much higher level. Rocky Neal was Truro's top scorer before moving to Taunton where, again, he is banging in goals at a much higher level. I'm not doubting that Eddy isn't a good striker, he always causes Parkway problems, but to say he's better than Levi and Rocky? Sorry 100% but you're off your rocker

Liam Eddy played a couple seasons for Truro City in the Southern League and was not out of his depth scoring several goals often used as an impact player coming off the bench when defences were tiring. Don't know what he's like now but I always thought he was very temperamental and always looking for a dive. One Cornish forward who I rated above all of these three is Andy Watkins who has been consistently banging in the goals at all levels for many seasons. Just my opinion of course.

21 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Well Bald one Eddy scored 4 goals vs Parkway in the cup earlier in the season  .Adam Carter has always been my favourite striker but Eddy is a better goal scorer and all round footballer .St austell would have no problem playing in the same league as Plymouth Parkway they are on fire at the moment

At the risk of opening up old arguments, St Austell should give step 5 a go then. 

On 14/02/2019 at 19:36, 100%cornish said:

Liam Eddy is a top goalscorer he destroyed Plymouth Parkway ,my fav striker has always been Levi Landricome anf fav goalie is Josh Oak , but us here in Cornwall would wipe the floor with you Devon lot dont think Rocky Neil is scoring that many goals later Eddy has scored 7 goals in his last 2 games it would be great to see a Cornish side vs a Devon side would be really good to watch

I thought Levi was your fav striker now your saying Carter is 

On 11/02/2019 at 15:55, Dave Deacon said:

Eligible if born in Cornwall!

The guy on your podcast (forget his name sorry- from Kernow FA)  mentioned Jack Stephens (potentially!) it got me thinking as I thought Jack was born in Plymouth. Turns out he wasn't. BUT my point is there will be many players playing and living in Cornwall since birth- particularly in the East of the county who just happen to be born in Plymouth because that's their nearest hospital (me included). I don't consider myself anything other than Cornish in this respect. I'm wondering whether Kernow FA have thought about this because it potentially rules out so many players for consideration. Maybe a question to ask in another interview Dave?

You could probably go through it in the bar during the game as you wont be playing. 

Dan Pethick in the side too.  If these two are among the best Kernow has to offer, then we may as well not bother! How Jordan Annear, Dave Barker, Callum O'Brien, Ryan Barnes, Liam Prynn and any of the Cornwall Under 18's haven't made the side is beggars belief!  It now appears the game is Lee Whetters drinking buddies against Phil and Darrens Cronies.  Farcical. A real shame to be honest.

56 minutes ago, secretscout said:

You could probably go through it in the bar during the game as you wont be playing. 

Dan Pethick in the side too.  If these two are among the best Kernow has to offer, then we may as well not bother! How Jordan Annear, Dave Barker, Callum O'Brien, Ryan Barnes, Liam Prynn and any of the Cornwall Under 18's haven't made the side is beggars belief!  It now appears the game is Lee Whetters drinking buddies against Phil and Darrens Cronies.  Farcical. A real shame to be honest.

Does feel a bit that way.Wonder if players were approached, but either declined or were discouraged by their clubs. Do find a lack of players from either Saltash or Falmouth strange, as well as no Devon based players from either Parkway or Tavi. As a Parkway fan, I would have thought that Jordan Annear, Ryan Lane and Billy Palfrey (both born in Looe) would have walked into this squad.

There is that possibility that players were asked and declined for whatever reasons, but for me, there must be better around than what has been announced, but like I said, it seems like a Boozer Vs Cronies match. Not sure how many spectators will be put off by the announcements.  I would be interested to know how many are now not going as a result of seeing the squads.

And then qualify for the Euros in Artsakh, disputed territory between Armenia and Azerbaijan. 

I'd pass on that, standard equipment in that area would be an IED and a AK47

You'd have to be bonkers to travel there!!!

I have enough trouble going to Eve park watching Falmouth town, only just escape by the skin of my teeth sometimes.

25 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

And then qualify for the Euros in Artsakn, disputed territory between Armenia and Azerbaijan. 

I'd pass on that, standard equipment in that area would be an IED and a AK47

You'd have to be bonkers to travel there!!!

I have enough trouble going to Eve park watching Falmouth town, only just escape by the skin of my teeth sometimes.

Artsakn? Though that was just off the main road between Callington and Launceston, near Swingletree.