Cornwall Football Forum

CORNWALL SENIOR & CHARITY CUPS - Saturday 9 Feb 2019

RGB CORNWALL SENIOR CUP, Quarter Final 
Saltash United 4-2 Bodmin Town 

DURNING LAWRENCE CORNWALL CHARITY CUP, Quarter Finals 
Polperro 1-2 Penzance 
Porthleven 2-2 Illogan RBL (2-2 aet, Illogan win 4-2 on pens)
St Dennis 4-0 St Blazey 
Wendron United 0-1 Liskeard Athletic 

What a horrible last 3 games for porthleven...

Lost the big league game vs liskeard and out of two very winnable quarter finals...

Superb result for us at Illogan tho..

We are all local boys play for the shirt and have a good laugh along the way. I know which dressing room I would prefer to be in.

However take nothing away from port they are a very good side... we rode luck at times no doubt but overall deserved winners. All the best for the rest of season.

16 hours ago, Table Focus said:

From what i saw in this game, I hope that Carey and the other 'Money Men' kept those pay packets to themselves.....

So you think that the keeper that played for an hr and had to go off because he was injured, ( who done nothing wrong while he was on the pitch ). The boy kellow that went in goal to help out port ( who would of been out of his comfort zone ). Annear for a karate kick of a goal line clearance and a goal from the half way line to take it to extra time, shouldn't of got payed, plus I'm sure that the players didnt go out to lose on purpose. I'm sure they wouldn't of got payed double if they have payed well and got a shock result during the season. Port should of had the game rapped up by half time, but scoffy in goal was superb. But from the second half onwards illogan matched them. Just putting it out there, but just maybe it could of been the wrong formation, I mean playing drummo up top on his own, when your at home, i think was a bit negative.   

16 hours ago, S Abbo said:

What a horrible last 3 games for porthleven...

Lost the big league game vs liskeard and out of two very winnable quarter finals...

Superb result for us at Illogan tho..

We are all local boys play for the shirt and have a good laugh along the way. I know which dressing room I would prefer to be in.

However take nothing away from port they are a very good side... we rode luck at times no doubt but overall deserved winners. All the best for the rest of season.

a superb result for you at illogan. I took the game in myself, certainly rode your luck but doesnt every team? Can see why the lad Bello has dropped out of the top division, very poor! Im sure you'll agree only 2/3 of those Porthleven lads had half decent games and actually put up any fight against your lot who worked their socks off all game

2 hours ago, Plumb crazy said:

So you think that the keeper that played for an hr and had to go off because he was injured, ( who done nothing wrong while he was on the pitch ). The boy kellow that went in goal to help out port ( who would of been out of his comfort zone ). Annear for a karate kick of a goal line clearance and a goal from the half way line to take it to extra time, shouldn't of got payed, plus I'm sure that the players didnt go out to lose on purpose. I'm sure they wouldn't of got payed double if they have payed well and got a shock result during the season. Port should of had the game rapped up by half time, but scoffy in goal was superb. But from the second half onwards illogan matched them. Just putting it out there, but just maybe it could of been the wrong formation, I mean playing drummo up top on his own, when your at home, i think was a bit negative.   

Crickey .. ... Don't ever Criticise Alan Carey's tactics ! 

1 hour ago, SCFC said:

a superb result for you at illogan. I took the game in myself, certainly rode your luck but doesnt every team? Can see why the lad Bello has dropped out of the top division, very poor! Im sure you'll agree only 2/3 of those Porthleven lads had half decent games and actually put up any fight against your lot who worked their socks off all game

Yep defo had some luck.. games like that along with work rate are probably the two most important things... everyone put a shift in and felt we deserved the win in the end.

Think bello is very rash..defo got some talent tho. Tom annear was very good..but maybe a little wasted at left back. Dan hindmarch was dangerous as was rob carey when he come on.

Also fair play to Scott kellow getting the rest of his team mates to shake our hands after they started to walk to the changing rooms. 👍🏻

12 minutes ago, S Abbo said:

Yep defo had some luck.. games like that along with work rate are probably the two most important things... everyone put a shift in and felt we deserved the win in the end.

Think bello is very rash..defo got some talent tho. Tom annear was very good..but maybe a little wasted at left back. Dan hindmarch was dangerous as was rob carey when he come on.

Also fair play to Scott kellow getting the rest of his team mates to shake our hands after they started to walk to the changing rooms. 👍🏻

Tom Annear had a cracking game at left back, unknown if wasted or just fantastic in that position. Was surprised to see Hindmarch taken off. A couple other battling performances but not much more than that from Port. 

A funny one with handshakes and penalty shootouts... my total personal opinion is to shake hands after the 120 minutes, the game itself is over and its now down to a lottery, the winning team goes off to celebrate whilst the others are left gutted/not arsed maybe in the case lol. 

Into the semis now, regardless of what league you are in and after toppling a strong side, gotta have one eye on that prize now👍