Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League and Cup Results and Table - Saturday 9th February 2019

Results for Saturday 9th February 2019 
Falmouth Town Reserves 0-2 Hayle (Cameron Irish 2) 
Att - 25
Lizard Argyle (Dagan Vaughan-Spruce, Tristan Hawkings) 2-1 Redruth United (Simon James) 
Att - 18
Mullion (Jack Price)1-4 Penryn Athletic (Ryan Reeve 2, Ed Rowe, Josh Sharpe) 
Att - 25
Perranwell 0-0 St Just 
Att - 24
St Agnes p-p Helston Athletic Reserves 
St Ives Town (Josh Magin 3, Ross Duncan 3, Dave Booles 2) 8-0 Porthleven Reserves 
Att - 25

League Cup Q-F
Perranporth 0-3 St Day (Dan Richards, Gavin Boon, Chris Dobson)
Att - 80

Tight at the top. 6pm on 9-2-19
POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 PERRANPORTH 21 17 2 2 77 22 55 53
2 PENRYN ATHLETIC 22 16 2 4 89 20 69 52*
3 HELSTON ATHLETIC RESERVES 25 17 1 7 83 39 44 52
4 ST IVES TOWN 23 16 2 5 76 24 52 50
5 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 27 16 2 9 81 38 43 50
5 ST DAY 23 15 3 5 80 41 39 48
7 HAYLE 24 13 0 11 63 46 17 39
8 PERRANWELL 19 12 1 6 37 20 17 37
9 ILLOGAN RBL 20 10 2 8 58 30 28 35
10 ST AGNES 23 8 5 10 50 67 -17 29
11 PENDEEN ROVERS 24 9 1 14 49 60 -11 28
12 WENDRON UNITED RESERVES 21 7 5 9 47 52 -5 26
13 MULLION 24 8 1 15 32 60 -28 25
14 LIZARD ARGYLE 23 7 3 13 43 60 -17 24
15 RNAS CULDROSE 20 7 3 9 34 53 -19 24
16 ST JUST 22 5 6 11 36 52 -16 23*
17 REDRUTH UNITED 24 6 1 17 35 87 -52 19
18 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 24 4 1 20 39 121 -82 9*
19 CARHARRACK 21 0 3 18 17 134 -117 -1*
* POINTS ADJUSTED

Well played St Just who came to Perranwell  with a game plan today and executed it brilliantly. The Well were poor today in all departments and never really threatened the St Just goal. St Just unlucky not to nick it, they hit the Perranwell bar twice. A dire match for the spectators in all honesty. Some dubious decision making from the referee, the match had the feel and tempo of a pre-season friendly and it felt like it was reffed that way at times.

Lizard 2(1) Redruth 1(1)

Simon James for Redruth 

Well fought game from 2 even teams lizard nicked it in the last 10 minutes. Special mention to our keeper James Isaacs who had a brilliant point blank save at 1 all. About 15 watching thanks to lizard for the hospitality good set up. We actually had two refs turn up for our game today. Don't think lizard were happy with the one we got

1 hour ago, Andys said:

Well played St Just who came to Perranwell  with a game plan today and executed it brilliantly. The Well were poor today in all departments and never really threatened the St Just goal. St Just unlucky not to nick it, they hit the Perranwell bar twice. A dire match for the spectators in all honesty. Some dubious decision making from the referee, the match had the feel and tempo of a pre-season friendly and it felt like it was reffed that way at times.

Did 40 year old Jody Hampton make his Debut for St just?

Bit of credit to a couple bare 11s today. Porthleven had 43 year old manager Rob Noventa playing 90 minutes and held out a rampant St.Ives for 42 minutes of the 2nd half and also to 60 year old John Matthews who played 90 minutes in the centre of midfield no less for St.Just at Perranwell. Well done lads! I’m 51 and my knees are almost crippled after walking around Prague all week let alone play 90 minutes football!!! Great effort that 👍

Visitors Penryn were made to work hard for their win today against a young Mullion side. When Penryn took the lead in the opening couple of minutes with a fine finish i thought could be a hammering ..but Mullion battled well and then conceded right on half time from a headed corner. Thought Mullion gave a good account of themselves in second half but as you would expect Penryn always looked a threat and killed the game off. Mullion did deservedly got a consolation goal through Jack Price...nice to see this talented youngster back at Mullion and scoring regularly 

24 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Bit of credit to a couple bare 11s today. Porthleven had 43 year old manager Rob Noventa playing 90 minutes and held out a rampant St.Ives for 42 minutes of the 2nd half and also to 60 year old John Matthews who played 90 minutes in the centre of midfield no less for St.Just at Perranwell. Well done lads! I’m 51 and my knees are almost crippled after walking around Prague all week let alone play 90 minutes football!!! Great effort that 👍

The pitch was heavy but Perranwell couldn’t hit a barn door .,St Just hit the crossbar twice , but the Well had a blatant penalty which the ref didn’t see it like the rest of us .. He was poor today I’m afraid ... a little up his own a**e to be honest ... St Just wasting time and only giving 48 seconds extra time ! Fair play to St Just though cracking guys off the pitch.. Ref Alan Hoon wasn’t 

3 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Some of these young so called superstars ought to have a good look at these 2 guys. More pride, attitude & desire than some of these prima donnas will ever have. Well done the both of you. !!

3 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

The pitch was heavy but Perranwell couldn’t hit a barn door .,St Just hit the crossbar twice , but the Well had a blatant penalty which the ref didn’t see it like the rest of us .. He was poor today I’m afraid ... a little up his own a**e to be honest ... St Just wasting time and only giving 48 seconds extra time ! Fair play to St Just though cracking guys off the pitch.. Ref Alan Hoon wasn’t 

In all honesty, I think he let you off a few decisions today. What I don't understand is how Perranwell have applied for the new Step 7 league but can't even sort your dugouts out. In this type of weather it is a joke. How has the league let you get away with it.!!

6 hours ago, Mr Justice said:

In all honesty, I think he let you off a few decisions today. What I don't understand is how Perranwell have applied for the new Step 7 league but can't even sort your dugouts out. In this type of weather it is a joke. How has the league let you get away with it.!!

You'll be pleased to know that we have finally got agreement from the Playing Field Committee and Parish Council to build some new dugouts, watch this space, we are as relieved as everyone else to have got this sorted.

8 hours ago, Mr Justice said:

It’s a good job St Just didn’t need to use them having only 11 players !!

9 hours ago, kevin richards said:

Some of these young so called superstars ought to have a good look at these 2 guys. More pride, attitude & desire than some of these prima donnas will ever have. Well done the both of you. !!

Sounds like a dig at your players Kevin.... 😜

Totally agree tho.!  All the best.👍🏻