Cornwall Football Forum

Kevin Williamson - Wendron United FC

It is with deep sadness and regret that we inform you that club chairman, Kevin Williamson, passed away on the afternoon of Sunday 3rd February. 

Kevin has helped build the club to what we have today, not just from a footballing perspective, but also cricket and the community as a whole. 
He will be deeply missed by all and the many roles he played in making our club successful will be near on impossible to fill. 

We send all our love to his family at this time. His children: Adam, Claire and Simon all represented the club in both football and cricket. 
Once more, we would like to thank all who were so prompt and quick with their responses and administering first aid at the scene, and then to the Air Ambulance, paramedics and all of the professionals who were first class in their support. 

Saturday’s first team fixture on Saturday at home to Liskeard will still go ahead; however the second, third and fourth team games have been postponed.  
We extend a warm invite and welcome to Kevin’s family, friends and all that knew him. We will be having a minute’s silence in his honour and we will not be collecting any gate receipts; instead we will be collecting donations for the Air Ambulance who, along with the paramedics, were fantastic in their response and support yesterday. We will be raising a glass in Kevin's honour in the clubhouse after the game. 
The game will kick off at 2pm as it is the Quarter Final of the Cornwall Charity Cup. 

Kevin will be forever in our hearts and will be forever a part of the Wendron family.

Very sorry to hear this news. I'd only met Kevin a handful of times but he always welcomed me to the club and one could instantly see and hear his passion for the whole set-up there at Wendron.

I know he will be greatly missed at the club and condolences go to his family and friends.

RIP Kevin

Dave Deacon

Terribly sad news coming out of Wendron FC this evening, Kevin Williamson was an outstanding club Chairman and achieved so much for the club under his watch, he will be very fondly remembered and sadly missed. Love and thoughts with his family and all involved with the club from us all at Perranwell AFC at this sad time.

Shocked and saddened to hear this very sad news, I have know Kevin and his family for a number of years from when Simon and Claire were at Mabe infant school with my children. I have watched them all flourish and especially Kevin with his enthusiasm for Wendron club through football and cricket. He will be sadly missed by everyone, R.I.P. Kevin we have lost a very special person ❤️

I remember coming to watch my club Callington Town win at Wendron in an epic Senior Cup game, to reach the cup semi final a few years ago - and was very pleased to see Wendron reach the semis this weekend - well done !

How dreadful to now hear of the sad passing of your inspirational chairman - it must be a hammer blow to his family, and of course your club.

My sincere condolences

Edited by Jeff's Telling
mistake