Cornwall Football Forum

Our thoughts are with Kevin, his family and all at Wendron

What a day for Wendron United FC!

Two great results on the pitch, but having spoken to Peter Thorne after the match, as he said - football took a back-seat soon after the match and we're all praying that Kevin wins through as well. I've taken the below from their Facebook page which explains more ……………...

"Two outstanding results today were marred with the news that Kevin Williamson, our club chairman and stalwart was taken to hospital by air ambulance today immediately after the first team game.
Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family - he is in great hands and we are all sending our love.
A huge thank you to those who acted so quickly and professionally to make sure that Kevin got immediate care through our defibrillator. Lots of people to thank and we are very grateful for your quick thinking and reactions.

On the pitch both the first team and second team were fixtured Cup Quarter Final Games in which they were both heavy underdogs.
The first team hosted league leaders, Porthleven but came out 3-1 winners to progress to the semis with goals from Jack Stocker (2) and Cameron Wheat.

The seconds are also in their semi final as they beat title favourites Penryn 4-2 with goals from Sam Fuller, Jack Noy, Max Bowden and Will Paul.

The thirds went down 2-0 to Threemilestone."

A top man. I’ve just heard this news as I had to leave straight after the game, daughters birthday . All at Porthleven Fc wish Kev a full & speedy recovery, our thought & prayers are with him.

On the pitch, another fantastic performance from Jack & his excellent young side. Outplayed us again today, not looking forward to Good Friday. Best of luck Wendron, one big performance away from a fantastic day out. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Thank you all. Kevin is in Treliske where he will remain for a few days, no real news or updates. 

Just wanted to thank all who were there in their assistance to give Kevin the best fighting chance. The treatment he received at the scene was first class; our own players and officials, Porthleven players, spectators, spectators and County FA Officials all came together and acted so swiftly and effectively. A huge thank you to all. 

As you said, two great results. Furtherst our first team have ever been in the Senior Cup. Jack and the boys have had a splendid season and have real incentive now. Jack Stocker got 2 and Cameron Wheat notched the other. 

Second team also beat one of the favourites to advance to the Combination League Cup Semis with a 4-2 win over Penryn. Jack Noy, Max Bowden, Sam Fuller and Will Paul with the goals. 

16 hours ago, kevin richards said:

A top man. I’ve just heard this news as I had to leave straight after the game, daughters birthday . All at Porthleven Fc wish Kev a full & speedy recovery, our thought & prayers are with him.

On the pitch, another fantastic performance from Jack & his excellent young side. Outplayed us again today, not looking forward to Good Friday. Best of luck Wendron, one big performance away from a fantastic day out. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Well said Kevin Richard's.An honest guy, with No excuses .  One of Cornish Football's most genuine men. 

I don't know the Gentleman who was taken ill, but as everyone else on here has said, wishing him all the very best & a speedy recovery. Get well soon.