Cornwall Football Forum

More Erratic Off Field Behaviour At St Just

I understand that two officers have resigned in pique from the St Just committee. This event would be of greater consequence if their tenure had been more constructive. The best response to childish tantrums is often to ignore them. Like spoilt children unable to decide between an excess of Xmas presents, these officers, lacking resilience, will no doubt find something else to play with soon.

Our excellent manager and secretary and sterling players have battled manfully despite the pathetic displays of devious machination, cliquey meetings and deliberate neglect orchestrated in the background. They are the real Tinners !

When a club is run by three or four loyal volunteers, it is stronger than when it depends on the random enthusiasms of a couple of dozen unstable hobbyists who would find it difficult to organise a cool drink on a snowfield.Goodbye and good luck to whatever they decide to burden with their presence next.      

Go on Rodney tell us what you really think!! 😂

A tad unnecessary to rant about this on the forum in my opinion, especially when you wrote yourself the best thing to do is ignore them!

I’m sure they had legit reasons and surely as a long standing fan/member of the club, you should thank them and wish them all the best. Any person who dedicates their own personal time to a club, regardless for how long, should be praised in this day and age!!

17 hours ago, Keith B said:

I don't know who these folk are or what it was all about

All too often people offer opinions on a particular post, when no specific problem has been identified.
It appears that two members of St Just have resigned in pique, ( we will have to accept that as fact ) but what caused that pique is still a mystery to most of us.
When the reason for their leaving is made public, we can make an honest judgement on their exit.
Not criticising your post Keith B. just used your words to highlight the problem of second guessing a situation.

2 hours ago, Keith B said:

Keep going to Lafroda David !

It would be interesting to know what those reasons were 1ofhtekids. Yes it is sad to air it on a public forum but, Rodney certainly has a heart for the Tinners. He spent many hours and much of his own money in the cause that is St Just AFC. Maybe he gets a little carried away at times, but his heart is in St Just and I guess that gives him a right to say it as it is.

All involved at St Just AFC should be working for the betterment of the club. Differences of opinions, disputes - all should be talked through, ironed out and no stone left unturned in order that the club move together as a club, united not fragmented.

I’m not disputing Rodney’s contributions and love for the club at all. A die hard Tinner without doubt. Although some would argue his ‘contributions’ over the years are the roots to some of the problems the club have faced over the previous years?? But that’s another discussion for another day!!

I know first hand one member has left because of other commitments to local football. Over the last couple of years they had previously run the bar 2-3 nights a week down at the club, as well as organised various sponsors and functions down at the club to help generate income, plus help out in the running of both first and second teams. Such a bloke would be missed in any clubs committee!

As mentioned by Rodney, Steve Curnow and the other 2-3 long serving members don’t get enough respect for the dedication they have shown towards St Just club over countless years. But Steve can’t do everything by himself! So in my opinion these members of public that give up their spare time to help a club, regardless for how long, should be praised. It keeps local football clubs going!!! 👍🏻

23 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

I understand that two officers have resigned in pique from the St Just committee. This event would be of greater consequence if their tenure had been more constructive. The best response to childish tantrums is often to ignore them. Like spoilt children unable to decide between an excess of Xmas presents, these officers, lacking resilience, will no doubt find something else to play with soon.

Our excellent manager and secretary and sterling players have battled manfully despite the pathetic displays of devious machination, cliquey meetings and deliberate neglect orchestrated in the background. They are the real Tinners !

When a club is run by three or four loyal volunteers, it is stronger than when it depends on the random enthusiasms of a couple of dozen unstable hobbyists who would find it difficult to organise a cool drink on a snowfield.Goodbye and good luck to whatever they decide to burden with their presence next.      

Not even half a story there isaac .

2 hours ago, 1ofthekids said:

I’m not disputing Rodney’s contributions and love for the club at all. A die hard Tinner without doubt. Although some would argue his ‘contributions’ over the years are the roots to some of the problems the club have faced over the previous years?? But that’s another discussion for another day!!

I know first hand one member has left because of other commitments to local football. Over the last couple of years they had previously run the bar 2-3 nights a week down at the club, as well as organised various sponsors and functions down at the club to help generate income, plus help out in the running of both first and second teams. Such a bloke would be missed in any clubs committee!

As mentioned by Rodney, Steve Curnow and the other 2-3 long serving members don’t get enough respect for the dedication they have shown towards St Just club over countless years. But Steve can’t do everything by himself! So in my opinion these members of public that give up their spare time to help a club, regardless for how long, should be praised. It keeps local football clubs going!!! 👍🏻

Fair comments from all. This is not primarily about me or any "legacy" of my lifetime supporting the club, such as it was. I'd agree that what I did is open to differing value-judgements and I certainly have my faults, such as a deeply irresponsible sense of humour and a tendency towards intellectual arrogance. As you recognise, I am also fanatically loyal to St Just first team.

What matters, going forward, is the club itself. The team, in the hands of the excellent Curnow family, can look after itself as long as it is properly resourced by the actions of the committee. Unfortunately a series of Chairs since me have not recognised this as their primary function; nor have they, despite good intentions, had the skill to engage an off-field team. Funding priorities should include decent transport, kit and respect for the first team. The needs of that team should come first. Unfortunately those who thought otherwise ceased using committee meetings as a forum of communication, as mobile phone cliques replaced them, on which, judging from the exchanges between some second team players I have been shown, deliberate subversion was being practised, especially when the first team needed to call on the three members of the second team with the potential to step up. Most of these people are elsewhere now.

However, their preference for electronic communication rather than proper minuted discussion partly explains why I feel this forum is now an appropriate medium in which to record events.

At one stage last year I was asked to come back as Chairman following a previous incumbent's sudden departure. It was hard to get an articulate account of reasons, as he declined to talk to any of us about what they were. Another peripheral figure, having tried to cancel a meeting when I had already driven 229 miles to attend it, spectacularly threw all the financial files at the clubhouse wall and stormed off in his unmarked white van. He had told me earlier that his plan was to take St Just out of the Combo League because there was too much swearing. I thought this a tad disproportionate. We have never seen him since.

The main focus of these individuals was a Boys' Team that played on Sundays, but no-one was prepared to take responsibility for the security of the clubhouse and various health and safety implication arising on those days. The assumption that the building was a source of free Mars Bars, I felt, needed to be discouraged. On another occasion, I drove from beyond Bristol on a Sunday night to find a non-officer had deliberately circulated a message announcing the meeting had been cancelled. The loyal and able secretary Ben Way, Steve Curnow and I held the meeting in pouring rain in the latter's van. Sadly, we lost an excellent bar manager, who resigned after it became clear that some of the volunteers were not properly recording drink purchases by family members. 

Following all this, I can assure "1ofthekids" that, at the 2017 AGM,  I welcomed the expected accession of the third dynamic individual who was going to change the club and who has since resigned. Strangely, once faced with the prospect of power rather than opposition (I won't draw any political parallels) he decided to pursue other interests which affected his availability and commitment. Like others who have followed me, he bottled after failing to understand that leadership is not dictatorship. He was not good at listening.   

The reliability of great past committee members like Roy Nicholls and Will James is hard to replicate: I know this kind of rueful lamentation is not unique to St Just. But imagine how it feels, after the past commitment of these marvellous people, to arrive on an occasional weekend from far away and discover that I need to put out flags, run the line and maybe even organise somebody to collect some gate money. An excellent friend of the club does the latter if he can, but he is not a committee member either. Why could the past Chair not organise any of this? 

I shall continue to come back as a supporter. If Steve or the first team need something from me, they need only ask. They are the real St Just..

I feel if these so called "spoilt children" as you've called them were as useless as you've made them sound then i don't know why you didn't just let them go quietly instead of publicly slating them on here. For an obviously very educated man you act like an overgrown man-child most of the time! 

You harp on constantly about the club members of old who kept the club running for many years but I'm afraid times have changed and peoples priorities change and sometimes they have to move on.....get over it!  

You've conveniently forgotten to mention the reasons why these commitee members have resigned (neither reason is anything against the club) as it's easier for you to just slag them off.

You yourself have flitted in and out of the club on more than one accasion when things haven't gone the way you'd of liked so i don't know how you can call yourself a "lifetime supporter". 

I feel a lot of your "opinions", which is all they can be as you're rarely to be seen at the club, are very bias and you seem to only believe who you want to believe.

The youth of st just are the future of the club. As the "adults" you as a committee should be embracing the fact that so many children want to play for their towns club, but it seems to be a constant battle of them and us. If you ask me its plain arrogant childish-ness!

Throwing money and criticism at a club constantly is not supportive in my eyes. 

Isaac Rosenberg. Your comments on this page have actually become quite personal.

You may not agree with the way in which the committee have gone about things but the members of this committee have tried their best to push the club forward. Many of them having grown up in the area, played football in St Just from a young age and wanting to make the club thrive so their children have somewhere to play football just as passionately as they did.

Unfortunately it's not the future of the club that's being thought about at the moment, it's just the here and now. With big egos that show no remorse for their attitudes towards those who try to make a difference.

Those who have tried to make a difference have been disrespected and criticised. They have failed at most hurdles because they have been met with contempt or a conservative manner which doesnt help.

The reluctance for change will be the failing of the club. The family feeling that was once had at St Just will be no more and that is because of the defensive and critical manner in which people like yourself are broadcasting on this page.

Given the chance the club could be great again, however bear in mind the club can't run without a committee and if most committee members (of importance) are resigning you need to be concentrating on recruiting not disrespecting those who have tried to make a difference, yet sadly failed because they can't meet the unanticipated demands of people like yourself.

Please remember there are two sides to every story. In your defence it sounds as though you are only hearing one side to the story however it maybe worth getting the correct facts before your start incriminating innocent people, who are trying to help and for the love of the club!

Not bad for a first try, Janner123. You're not a toychucker's  Daddy by any chance, are you ? 

Manchild, me ? If so, you'd better not keep abusing me !

Yes, I may be childlike.....it's more cheerful than acting old before my time, like there's nowhere left to go but dead, and letting the fog down Carn Gloose bewitch me into believing there's no alternative ! . Agree with you about moving on too, but I don't think I harp on about the club members of old... it's the first time I've mentioned them. 

I've just told the truth about the last couple of years, as I have experienced them. You're right that over about twenty years on the committee, I had my flitting moments, but I have a good conscience about delivering everything I ever promised financially and turning up when I said I would. I ran a programme and sold most of the advertisements, controlled a fifteen grand lottery and made donations. Started selling tickets for ex-treasurer Gerald Barten when I was ten. 

Steve Curnow has done a tremendous job getting advertising boards round the ground. He could do with more support. I haven't thrown any money for ages, but if the committee keep starving the first team of funds, perhaps I'll have to.

I used to pay for things like youth players going up to county trials and training , events run by professional goalkeepers, even some travel. Offered to subsidise three of the kids' team going to Germany last year, but one of the three toychuckers never came back to me. They'd rather fall out with a first team player because he hasn't paid for a booking than receive a couple of hundred quid for one of their own. Similarly to what Joyce said about Ireland, if you put a Tewster on a spit, you can usually find another Tewster to turn him. I bought the first minibus. Time the present committee got its digit extracted from the Black Hole of Treating and bought another. I covered a few thousand pounds worth of cards back in the day as well. When people manage to say "cheers for that", it goes a long way. Some do, some don't. Some of the worst donts are my biggest critics. 

Opinions by their nature are "bias" because they are subjective perceptions. I would love the youth of St Just to be the future. I have absolute confidence in them, if they are educated by appropriate people. They need to be liberated from the whispering embittered. If they take charge again, we won't have a future. They know who they are. 

Love the sly little aside from somewhere in the region of Fairfield ! But take it as a warning !  High time for these toychuckers to show respect for everything the Curnow family has achieved at St Just and to welcome Neil and Andrew into running the club, if and when Steve wants that to happen. There is so much that those youngsters can learn from them as long as they are given a consistent club message from the top of both team and off-field management. What we don't need are individuals with all the strategic nouse of chickens with their heads cut off treating the club as a Jagermeister dispenser and then running away. 

Lifetime supporter, yes. "Constant" criticism ? No. Not of the green and black of the People's Republic, one of the few real places left. As Robert Graves concludes in "The Cuirassiers of the Frontier", "We, not the City, are the Empire's soul. A rotten tree lives only in its rind."

Let me guess, Janner123. Bet you voted for Brexit as well ! 

Sounds like someone’s put 50p in Rodney! It appears they’re getting their monies worth too.

These two ‘newbies’ you speak of ‘baldy’ sound like they have been involved and know more about the day-to-day running of the club over the last couple of years than Mr Beer! I know for a fact as one example, the annual harvest auctions raised a substantial profit particularly in 2016 and 2017. Unfortunately one of these ‘toychuckers’ was unable to organise it this season like he has the previous two, so did anyone else step up? They did not.

Financially the club has grown phenomenally over the last 2-3 years, much of which has been down to the hard work of these so called ‘toychuckers’ as well as current committee members. Once again, I know this for a fact. To my knowledge the money has been spent on numerous improvements, such as the clubhouse interior, CCTV, drinks coolers etc etc. Not to mention a much much healthier bank balance!!

I notice you critisice the Reserves for not wanting to play for the first team. Do you remember a time when the up and coming youngsters for the second team were made to sit on the bench for the firsts, whilst a certain committee member at the time funded players from other clubs to play instead of them? Then you wonder why they are playing elsewhere now!?

I fail to see how criticising members (or ex members in this case!) of your beloved club has any positives. Perhaps they just called you nasty names once, so you feel the need to use some big words and famous quotes to belittle them on a public forum? Yet according to yourself they’re the spoilt children that need ignoring...! 🤔

As Axl Rose notes in ‘Civil War’, “My hands are tied. After all I've seen has changed my mind, but still the wars go on as the years go by.” Almost as poetic as Mr Graves.

39 minutes ago, BrighterFutureforStJust said:

Isaac Rosenberg. Your comments on this page have actually become quite personal.

You may not agree with the way in which the committee have gone about things but the members of this committee have tried their best to push the club forward. Many of them having grown up in the area, played football in St Just from a young age and wanting to make the club thrive so their children have somewhere to play football just as passionately as they did.

Unfortunately it's not the future of the club that's being thought about at the moment, it's just the here and now. With big egos that show no remorse for their attitudes towards those who try to make a difference.

Those who have tried to make a difference have been disrespected and criticised. They have failed at most hurdles because they have been met with contempt or a conservative manner which doesnt help.

The reluctance for change will be the failing of the club. The family feeling that was once had at St Just will be no more and that is because of the defensive and critical manner in which people like yourself are broadcasting on this page.

Given the chance the club could be great again, however bear in mind the club can't run without a committee and if most committee members (of importance) are resigning you need to be concentrating on recruiting not disrespecting those who have tried to make a difference, yet sadly failed because they can't meet the unanticipated demands of people like yourself.

Please remember there are two sides to every story. In your defence it sounds as though you are only hearing one side to the story however it maybe worth getting the correct facts before your start incriminating innocent people, who are trying to help and for the love of the club!

"Conservative" and "defensive". Wow, I've been called some things in my time, but never that ! You sound like somebody's wife, bless you !  

Agree with you regarding recruitment. Sat in too many badly attended AGMs where those who have gobbed off all year are mysteriously absent or peer at their hands when volunteers are needed. Doesn't matter what I say now. I live in Stroud. All I now offer is any help required when I turn up on the occasional match day, quite often away from home (nearer to Stroud than St Just). All I hear is that the first team are reduced to bare bones by the present regime in every possible way. It is appalling that not one committee member has come forward to run the line consistently since I left the area in 2009 and that, however many committee there are meant to be, none of them seem available pitchside, leaving Steve Curnow to do everything. As a result, a fine from the league every week. And these are the people complaining about the odd player owing £10 !

What is lacking is off-field leadership. You'd have to clarify what you mean by large egos and the concern only for the here and now. Who, me ? Surely not. If you have a problem with somebody else, try talking to them.

Most of the committee leaving? Only a couple, I understand. Of the dear departed,  one had potential. He was a good fundraiser, scooting about like a roadrunner, but refused to be Treasurer and didn't have the sophistication to do other than dictate. Unfortunately he wanted to be in charge on the field and off it at the same time. I would have had a lot of time for him if I thought he had resilience and stickability. He didn't. He's just proved my doubts about him correct. No good dictating to Tewsters. They nod their heads and go and do the opposite of what they tell you they will. .

The other good ol' boy, whose real name I could never remember, was harmless and just did what the roadrunner told him to , but giving him the Chair at St Just was like having Private Pike running Dad's Army. Give him America instead; he'd do less harm than Trump.

So where does this leave the club ? Have Brighter Future and Janner123 got any suggestions ? Or how about their sons and husbands too ? If you try and make me come back this time I shall charge the club 40 pence a mile for attending meetings and donate all my expenses to Steve and Neil to buy the first team a minibus. What's that ? You want John Roberts for Life President of St Just ? (By the way, read the AGM minutes from 2017, which you unanimously approved ). Yes, I am prepared to offer him my purely ceremonial position if he meets me at Headbutt Corner on Valpurgisnacht, as long as he agrees to give the club a new teamsheet book.

Le Boss, you must be clairvoyant ! That's why Penryn are doing so well . Carharrack, not so much...!

5 minutes ago, 1ofthekids said:

Sounds like someone’s put 50p in Rodney! It appears they’re getting their monies worth too.

These two ‘newbies’ you speak of ‘baldy’ sound like they have been involved and know more about the day-to-day running of the club over the last couple of years than Mr Beer! I know for a fact as one example, the annual harvest auctions raised a substantial profit particularly in 2016 and 2017. Unfortunately one of these ‘toychuckers’ was unable to organise it this season like he has the previous two, so did anyone else step up? They did not.

Financially the club has grown phenomenally over the last 2-3 years, much of which has been down to the hard work of these so called ‘toychuckers’ as well as current committee members. Once again, I know this for a fact. To my knowledge the money has been spent on numerous improvements, such as the clubhouse interior, CCTV, drinks coolers etc etc. Not to mention a much much healthier bank balance!!

I notice you critisice the Reserves for not wanting to play for the first team. Do you remember a time when the up and coming youngsters for the second team were made to sit on the bench for the firsts, whilst a certain committee member at the time funded players from other clubs to play instead of them? Then you wonder why they are playing elsewhere now!?

I fail to see how criticising members (or ex members in this case!) of your beloved club has any positives. Perhaps they just called you nasty names once, so you feel the need to use some big words and famous quotes to belittle them on a public forum? Yet according to yourself they’re the spoilt children that need ignoring...! 🤔

As Axl Rose notes in ‘Civil War’, “My hands are tied. After all I've seen has changed my mind, but still the wars go on as the years go by.” Almost as poetic as Mr Graves.

The annual harvest auction, once known as "Feast", always ran in my day. So did a disco on Feast Monday night. It was an older feature than the clubhouse. So if your lost leader did not delegate responsibility for organising it this year, who exactly do you think should have done ? How about you ? As for your CCTV, it's really surprising that it was of no use in uncovering the precise source of 9% of bar takings disappearing, mainly in the form of free Jagermeister. Not one to name names on a public forum, but the decent thing would be for the responsible adult to dip into their pocket and repay. This is the main reason why, having made donations many years in succession, I stood down as Acting Chair and have not given any money to the club at all this year. Any donations I make in future will be direct to the manager of the first team. 

So in the past I paid some players. And ? Can you name more than three Combo clubs or connected benefactors that have never done so ? Before me, St Just had won one trophy in 27 years. In 2004 and 2005, we won two successive cups and came third and second in the league. As an earlier correspondent says, move on. Sadly, football is driven by money from top to bottom. If you can't beat them, join them. There will always be individuals chagrined because they are not among the best 11 when a team is doing well. The biggest grumble from some of the up-and-coming was that they were not being paid to sit on that bench. Strangely,some of them would go to Penzance, when they had a claim to be better than St Just, unlike now, and sit on the bench there for ever, told they would be paid, and then not get paid. 

.Interestingly, my first payment of players was the only thing that kept a team 18th in the league at the time from the trapdoor. At the time, John Roberts was licking his lips.We survived because our 17 year old goalkeeper from Sticker, Ryan Holland pushed a shot on to the post and then the late Andy Trathen scored at the other end. Then, as now, some of the St Justers were more down and going than up and coming . I drove 300 miles a lift transporting players.

Unlike Axl, your hands aren't tied, Newbie, especially your thumbs. I suspect you have done more than anyone to stir that Whatsapp pot that split the club in the first place. Unfortunately, when you and your friends are offered the chance to take charge of the club, you prefer to go and prop up the Trelawny League and play with your mates. No hard feelings. Unfortunately, that's the way of the world now. 

This is a real shame to read, there’s obviously major problems behind the scenes at St Just which is sad to read.

from the outside looking in I presumed the Club was in good order, they also have a very good youth section which is always an asset for any Club for the future, hopefully St Just can sort the problems and get back on track.

Metaphorically they’re tied - I thought a man of your vast knowledge would understand that. I have no say in these club matters, however we share one mutual interest and that is what is best for St Just football club. I have helped support the team more this season than you would think, but you wouldn’t want to hear about that since it’s on the other side of the coin. Nor do I have the time to write about it on here.

I’m off out for a pint with my mates. Might let them all know that in Shakespearen tragedy, what’s going on at the club is called catharsis. That’ll interest them to no end.

On 01/02/2019 at 15:39, Keith B said:

Oh dear oh dear. Spot on Rodney. I don't know who these folk are or what it was all about but - solid support, consistency and good knowledgeable input, together with club loyalty are what all clubs need. Perhaps my wife's right and we should move back to St Just again. (not that she's a football fan, she's just missing all her friends - I don't have any :))

I'm an old codger now I suppose, but I never did and still don't tolerate fools !

You've not heard any of these commitee members reasons for leaving....and just maybe their reasons are absolutely nothing to do with issues at the club.....afterall some people do have personal lives outside of their local football club. You're making judgements on these people solely on rodneys unnecessary ranting, raving and name calling. They're far from fools trust me!

We have no connection with St Just but whatever is happening there , airing greivances about the club or it's committee past and present, does the club no favours at all.
Disputes within a club should be kept within a club, and not discussed on a public forum where the club can be made a laughing stock amongst it's peers.

6 minutes ago, We Two said:

We have no connection with St Just but whatever is happening there , airing greivances about the club or it's committee past and present, does the club no favours at all.
Disputes within a club should be kept within a club, and not discussed on a public forum where the club can be made a laughing stock amongst it's peers.

Yes I agree, very poor state of affairs airing all a Clubs alleged issues for all to read, a Club steeped in history has probably lost a lot of credibility after this, sad times at St Just Afc

3 hours ago, David187 said:

Sounds like a complete restructure is needed Isaac ?

I do love a bit of sanctimony, especially preceded by redundant apostrophes. Are We Too some kind of footballing parody of Gilbert and George ?

Let's hope no-one resurrects the idea of building on the ground. The last one to come up with that, sadly, is no longer with us. 

3 hours ago, Janner123 said:

It does indeed! Its ok Rodneys got plenty of cash to throw at it. 

Plenty with more cash than me; just less resilience, fidelity or conscience. Complete perestroika unnecessary. Great manager, secretary and players,   The club's just a bit groggy today, like anybody would be who has had a gangrenous limb drop off. Most clubs would give their children's eye teeth to have assets like their own ground and the Curnow family. When I was there, they were appropriately supported. They will be again, don't worry. Hope 1ofthekids enjoyed his alcohol. Jagermeister, maybe ? Perhaps that's more hamartia than catharsis.       

57 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

"As they no doubt will."

What a very Cornish assumption, supported by such typically Cornish evidence.

Will they ? There's a first for everything. Whatever. I hope so. 😁 

It's called optimism, used by many in this neck of the woods and preferred by many to pessimism.
Cornwall and the cornish attitude in doubt now ? that will not be a very popular assumption in St Just.

S*"t the bed,,,, !!!!!  Who needs Eastenders with this going on!!!

Passion,    knife twisting,,    passion,,   libel slander,,  passion,,  fact versus fiction     and did I mention passion??

Does any of this have anything to do with the loyalty of players or is it just management versus committee??

MQ

1 hour ago, Ronaldo said:

I used to enjoy reading Rods posts but I’m afraid it’s all getting very boring as he uses words that I have no idea what they mean ... but i am led to believe that he did fund players @ Lafrowda ... Albeit when the players who were born near Four Lanes mast put on a green shirt ..

Matt 'Badger' Harris, Shane 'Stanley' Richards, etc

4 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Sod popular, I'd rather be honest. If I retire down there I shall move to Troon. 

That's still Cornwall with plenty of cornishmen living there.
As regards popular, you appear to have done a good job avoiding that in some areas down west.

Well, Rodney has gone in to hibernation at last. Lovely man but gets a bit testy when he’s tired! Hope he returns all sweetness and light (or as close to it as he gets) once spring is sprung. Meanwhile the committee (or what’s left of it) should think seriously about inviting him down for a “clear the air” dinner. Shame to see such knowledge and experience (on both sides) going to waste while the mighty St. Just A.F.C. languishes in the darker corners of the forum!