Cornwall Football Forum

Kit Amnesty Match - Dulwich Hamlet v Truro City

There will be a collection of old sports wear, sports equipment and old school wear / uniforms at the National League South fixture between Dulwich Hamlet & Truro City at Champion Hill Stadium, Edgar Kail Way, Dog Kennel Hill, East Dulwich, London, SE22 8BD on Saturday, 16th March 2019. The game kicks-off at 3:00pm.

Attending the game to collect donations will be:

Osman Sesay (London School of Science & Technology, Sierra Leone)
Elizabeth Anyu (Immaculate Heart of Mary Senior Secondary School, Uganda)
Alex Tugume (Talents Academy, Uganda)

All donations gratefully received - if in doubt please donate.

• 1 month later...

Quote from Leigh Robinson ahead of the Kit Amnesty game at Dulwich Hamlet on 16th March:

"I’m a big supporter of this initiative and the work that a Kit Amnesty does. As a club I hope our supporters get behind it and I’m sure the players will. I donated a few of my sons kits to Kit Amnesty when I was at Taunton and as a family we were delighted when Julian sent us a picture of a young boy in Africa wearing one of my sons first football kits. For anyone involved in watching or playing football this is an amazing cause and if I’ve everyone to dig deep into their wardrobes and donate as many kits as possible as you can guarantee that they will be hugely appreciated on the other side of the planet"

Also any supporter unable to attend the game at Dulwich can drop of any donations at the home game with East Thurrock United on Saturday, 9th March 2019.

• 2 weeks later...

Dulwich Hamlet 3 Truro City 2

Made the trip down to Dulwich for this yesterday. Really enjoyable afternoon, felt like a real game of football. Exciting match, if a lack of quality from two teams sitting just above the relegation zone, with five goals and three sendings off. Good attendance of 1900 which included a Truro contingent of about 20 (heaven knows what time they set off, and what time they arrived home) that jumped and sang all the game in a decent ground with plentiful excellent food and drink on offer, and  with a really friendly crowd. Great advert for Conference South football.