Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Vets Cup 1/4 Finals

Royal Par v Downderry. League 2 strugglers Royal Par (strugglers in the league, cups, getting dressed in morning) v League 1 high flyers Downderry. It was Royal Par in strawberry red v Downderry in orange satsuma making it the fruit salad game of the day with the ref a huge spoon to dispense said salad into the mouth of the huge crowd to gulp down. Downderry took the lead when my fat arse slipped over and allowed a one on one situation to develop into a well taken goal. Despite the set back we (Royal Par) realised we had been playing well and built on that, Collin Harker (Canadian) slipped in Robin Van Giltjes (not Dutch) for the equaliser. The home side took the lead when a slick move resulted in Collin Harker (Canadian) rounded the keeper (Albanian) and slotted into the net from a tight angle. The lead was doubled when I myself (Equatorial New Guinea) executed a fine free kick from our own half which landed on whichever bloke I meant to hit with the free kick and went in. Whilst I appreciate the comments of incredible delivery I would like to own up to the fact I twatted it. An easy half time team talk from manager Cameron Hague (Welsh), basically next goal wins which is a complete load of crap because if Downderry scored it they would still lose 3-2. It sounded inspired though. We were on the ropes for the 1st 15 mins but a hopeful punt forward saw RVG (can't be bothered to type Robin Van Goats Cheese) saw him sprint forward and make it 4-1. Downderry were not down (or even derry), a 2 yard poachers goal from a corner and a bullying centre fowards goal reduced the arrears to 4-3. The last 10 mins were backs to the wall without the home goal being truly threatened and the home side saw it out for a win to take them through to the semi's. Fantastic support for Downderry who travelled en masse (French), away side showed what football is all about by taking defeat on the chin, all coming back and staying for a few hours after. Mike Hinks, great job with the league but also credit to your whole team for the sportsmanship on and off the pitch. You won't get relegated, we won't get promoted which is a shame as we would love to return the favour of how to enjoy an away game next season. Great to see the league represented by Anthony Tucker at the game today, you owe us £10 for your entry ticket.