Cornwall Football Forum

Player Shortage last Saturday?

Looking at a few match reports from last weekend ,I notice a few guest players from Plymouth Parkway playing in the Premier division last Saturday.

Adam Carter Torpoint , Tiegan Rosenquest  Elburton Villa , Jordan Annear Falmouth  and Christian Pope with St Austell to name a few.

I know Jordan Annear moved during the season from Falmouth ,but is this really healthy for clubs to presumably drop regular lads to fit other Clubs players in?

Not a wind up ,but just interested in your thoughts.  Putting tin hat on . 

To be fair ” Pople”was on the bench for Saint Austell covering for a massive shortage in players due to injury. He played about 15 minutes only.

I agree with it in this sort of situation, but not to replace other players who are always at training and at games. Good point made But this has come up before on many occasions.

1 hour ago, kevin richards said:

Haha. So true Mark, Bakes would have given Jenks the stare. 👀💪🏻🤛🏻😂🤣

Haha...don't think anything would have bothered Jenks.

He did actually finish my 9 years in the first team, brought in Paul Cardell at left back.

Couldn't argue with that,  first class footballer, better than I was ever going to be.

But did my stint and got a few bruises so went to play for the second team....good days all round.

On 22/01/2019 at 19:49, MTC said:

Looking at a few match reports from last weekend ,I notice a few guest players from Plymouth Parkway playing in the Premier division last Saturday.

Adam Carter Torpoint , Tiegan Rosenquest  Elburton Villa , Jordan Annear Falmouth  and Christian Pope with St Austell to name a few.

I know Jordan Annear moved during the season from Falmouth ,but is this really healthy for clubs to presumably drop regular lads to fit other Clubs players in?

Not a wind up ,but just interested in your thoughts.  Putting tin hat on . 

At least two of the four started as subs and in any case, most of the match reports these days regrettably mention a side are "x players mssing" and so I would think no one ends up being upset! 

Has always happened, and always will. Lot's don't agree with it, but there is nothing illegal about it. Remember the old SW League clubs used to bring in Western League players from Liskeard and Saltash when available, just as those two used to use SW League names in midweek. There was no internet to discuss this in those days.