Cornwall Football Forum

TRELAWNY LEAGUE - Saturday January 19 2019

received so many screenshots of this chat over the weekend,as i was at the game i thought it would only be fair to join and give a bit of feedback. i was glad to see frogpool beat four lanes because it helps us out in the league but i'm sure they wouldnt of wanted to win in that manner. the referee performance has been covered so i dont want to get on his back anymore about his ability to officiate the game but it was cringeworthy to watch. as much as it pains me to say, i do feel so sorry for the four lanes team because there was a serious ploy agains four lanes and the referee for whatever reason was not wanting them to win this fixture. i would be very surprised if after investigation this game is not called for an immedaite rematch becayse i havent seen anything quite like that. if there is i look forward coming back to watch it in an even playing field.i have been very vocal about refs costing us games in the past, but you noramlly talk about one or two decisions, but not quite like this. you cant blame frogpool for this. i was expecting to see an even game or if anything frogpool on top based on goals scoring in previos games but im sure frogpool will admit they were played off the park for most of the game and given a football lesson at times which is good when we play them again, but goals win games and a win for frogpool ends up being a good result for us. there were three incidents in particular that made it very obvious from the side line that somrhting fishy was going on. there was a hand ball given in the first half by the referee when the ball was smacked at the player who was probably just 3 yards away from the ball which was just outside of the four lanes area about 18 yards out (i was stood the most of game paralel to this area so i saw this clear). a harsh decision, and the player was then sin binned for protesting. he ended up being off the pitch for what appeared to be a lifetime and i could hear the four lanes group all telling the referee they had timed it and it was a lot longer than it was supposed to be however he was in no rush to get the player back on. in a game of this size, a man down for this long would end up making a big difference. then there was an almost identical hand ball, in the second half with four lanes pressing to get back into the game, in the forgpool area, similar distance from player to ball...but the referee gave nothing and had no interest in it. they were identical incidents, so you either give them both, or give neither. very bizare. the last big incident that was difficult to watch was with about 5 minutes to go, the four lanes striker took it around the frogpool left back and would have been through on goal and probably score, however he was brought down, a clear foul and penalty as he was clearly a few yards in the area, but the referee gave a free kick on the 18 yard line! at this stage i was finding the decisions humorous and but, although i am not a referee, you are surerly not allowed to award a free kick for a foul commited inside the area.  i was stood paralel to this decision as i was in the same place the whole game, and it was quite difficult to watch. i could understand the frustration from four lanes at this stage because, although i didnt count there were about 10 big incident, including a couple of very obvious poenalty appeals that all went against them, if i was four lanes manager of player in this game i would have struggled to contain myself in a game of this size so i have to really feel for them as this has probably ruined the seaosn for them now. but lets not forget this isnt frogpools fault at all. fact is this referee had it in for four lanes from the off and was not going to give them anything. interesting to hear the outcry about this too, it was undeniable. 

25 minutes ago, Cri7639 said:

received so many screenshots of this chat over the weekend,as i was at the game i thought it would only be fair to join and give a bit of feedback. i was glad to see frogpool beat four lanes because it helps us out in the league but i'm sure they wouldnt of wanted to win in that manner. the referee performance has been covered so i dont want to get on his back anymore about his ability to officiate the game but it was cringeworthy to watch. as much as it pains me to say, i do feel so sorry for the four lanes team because there was a serious ploy agains four lanes and the referee for whatever reason was not wanting them to win this fixture. i would be very surprised if after investigation this game is not called for an immedaite rematch becayse i havent seen anything quite like that. if there is i look forward coming back to watch it in an even playing field.i have been very vocal about refs costing us games in the past, but you noramlly talk about one or two decisions, but not quite like this. you cant blame frogpool for this. i was expecting to see an even game or if anything frogpool on top based on goals scoring in previos games but im sure frogpool will admit they were played off the park for most of the game and given a football lesson at times which is good when we play them again, but goals win games and a win for frogpool ends up being a good result for us. there were three incidents in particular that made it very obvious from the side line that somrhting fishy was going on. there was a hand ball given in the first half by the referee when the ball was smacked at the player who was probably just 3 yards away from the ball which was just outside of the four lanes area about 18 yards out (i was stood the most of game paralel to this area so i saw this clear). a harsh decision, and the player was then sin binned for protesting. he ended up being off the pitch for what appeared to be a lifetime and i could hear the four lanes group all telling the referee they had timed it and it was a lot longer than it was supposed to be however he was in no rush to get the player back on. in a game of this size, a man down for this long would end up making a big difference. then there was an almost identical hand ball, in the second half with four lanes pressing to get back into the game, in the forgpool area, similar distance from player to ball...but the referee gave nothing and had no interest in it. they were identical incidents, so you either give them both, or give neither. very bizare. the last big incident that was difficult to watch was with about 5 minutes to go, the four lanes striker took it around the frogpool left back and would have been through on goal and probably score, however he was brought down, a clear foul and penalty as he was clearly a few yards in the area, but the referee gave a free kick on the 18 yard line! at this stage i was finding the decisions humorous and but, although i am not a referee, you are surerly not allowed to award a free kick for a foul commited inside the area.  i was stood paralel to this decision as i was in the same place the whole game, and it was quite difficult to watch. i could understand the frustration from four lanes at this stage because, although i didnt count there were about 10 big incident, including a couple of very obvious poenalty appeals that all went against them, if i was four lanes manager of player in this game i would have struggled to contain myself in a game of this size so i have to really feel for them as this has probably ruined the seaosn for them now. but lets not forget this isnt frogpools fault at all. fact is this referee had it in for four lanes from the off and was not going to give them anything. interesting to hear the outcry about this too, it was undeniable. 

I thought you said you did not want to get on his back...and that's all you did !!! Lol

you have not read the post and just focused on the referee being questioned again and after reading this thread that seems to be a feature. first of all yes i am a 'newby' as you put it, i do not post on websites forums usually however i have had a number of people contacting me as they knew that i was present at the game on saturday and this seems to be a hot topic, i felt it was important to post my feedback on a wider issue which is the terrible refereeing and clear bias that was on display, this could happen to any club and it we cant just accept it as a matter of course, there was somebody else commenting saying his report about the same referee from earlier in the season was ignored! just like im sure this performance will be. if you actually read i said that i am very vocal when referees make bad decisions, i was referring to at a game, not on websites, but as a follower of a rival team in this trelawney league and anything but a fan of fourlanes which i also wrote in my post and you seem to ignore also. i do not have anything to do with four lanes, or frogpool, and went down on saturday to witness the top two teams perform and to see what we would be up against in the future. i gather this website is for people to give a result of a game, but no feedback on referee performance, because everybody that has done this including other neutrals like me who are not involved with any club have all been criticised for it. i am glad four lanes lost as it helps us out in the league but it is clear that all who viewed it was left very confused and nobody wants the result of a football match to be determined by a referees agenda. 

Having played four lanes this season and going on that ‘experience’ I would imagine that the players from Four Lanes may not have made life easy for the man in the middle who volunteered his time and effort to ensure two teams could have a kick about for 90min - if not happy get the clubs officials to put a written report in but the game is over result stands I would move on.

1 hour ago, Cri7639 said:

you have not read the post and just focused on the referee being questioned again and after reading this thread that seems to be a feature. first of all yes i am a 'newby' as you put it, i do not post on websites forums usually however i have had a number of people contacting me as they knew that i was present at the game on saturday and this seems to be a hot topic, i felt it was important to post my feedback on a wider issue which is the terrible refereeing and clear bias that was on display, this could happen to any club and it we cant just accept it as a matter of course, there was somebody else commenting saying his report about the same referee from earlier in the season was ignored! just like im sure this performance will be. if you actually read i said that i am very vocal when referees make bad decisions, i was referring to at a game, not on websites, but as a follower of a rival team in this trelawney league and anything but a fan of fourlanes which i also wrote in my post and you seem to ignore also. i do not have anything to do with four lanes, or frogpool, and went down on saturday to witness the top two teams perform and to see what we would be up against in the future. i gather this website is for people to give a result of a game, but no feedback on referee performance, because everybody that has done this including other neutrals like me who are not involved with any club have all been criticised for it. i am glad four lanes lost as it helps us out in the league but it is clear that all who viewed it was left very confused and nobody wants the result of a football match to be determined by a referees agenda. 

Read both your own posts again buddy...it's 90% about the referee, yet you say it isn't! 

Looks like you're being primed up as a "neutral " to testify against this great crime.

I've been involved in football for 50 years and have never seen a biased referee yet.

Seen a few games where I  may not agree with a lot the referee has given....but biased NAH!

You simply did not agree with some of his decisions,  like a lot of others,  but that is all it is.

Genuinely can’t believe a game of football has turned into this 😂 so many handbags, get a grip and move on... you’ll play again next week and the week after and the week after that...  from what I’ve heard, and don’t quote me on this, but the referee makes the decisions... end of. Most people aren’t so petty to disagree regardless of if it’s the right decision or not for over 2 days 😂  But fair play to Four Lanes for being so gracious in defeat 🥳 but then again people give up their time to do community service on a Saturday to play football leaving there families at home... how sad 😢

7 hours ago, Pitty said:

Having played four lanes this season and going on that ‘experience’ I would imagine that the players from Four Lanes may not have made life easy for the man in the middle who volunteered his time and effort to ensure two teams could have a kick about for 90min - if not happy get the clubs officials to put a written report in but the game is over result stands I would move on.

When I watched them play against illogan I heard one of the people stood with the players say ‘illogan want to be careful or noses will be getting chewed off’ 

Now to me that is more of a huge issue than a decision a ref made. 

We (illogan) have played Four-lanes twice this year and we have had no problems at all, the boys who play for them are all natural winners and come from a line of winners and play the game like its a cup final every week. 

Yes you do hear comments about fighting and roughing it up, but its just said in the moment and 9 times out of ten its for show and it works, they get in your hands and instantly put you on the back foot, its part of their game and if honest I wish my team had some of that fight......

But before the game and after the game these guys are gentleman and better guys then most players we have come up against.

I personally hope that the red card issued is taken back, especially if it was wrongfully issued, we dont want a player not playing on a Saturday because of some fault of another individual.

The top of the league looks tasty and rest assured Fourlanes wont drop another point in the race I am sure, so pressure is on Frogpool now....

Good luck to Fourlanes in the race to the top from all at Illogan thirds 

3 hours ago, Portreathlegend said:

We (illogan) have played Four-lanes twice this year and we have had no problems at all, the boys who play for them are all natural winners and come from a line of winners and play the game like its a cup final every week. 

Yes you do hear comments about fighting and roughing it up, but its just said in the moment and 9 times out of ten its for show and it works, they get in your hands and instantly put you on the back foot, its part of their game and if honest I wish my team had some of that fight......

But before the game and after the game these guys are gentleman and better guys then most players we have come up against.

I personally hope that the red card issued is taken back, especially if it was wrongfully issued, we dont want a player not playing on a Saturday because of some fault of another individual.

The top of the league looks tasty and rest assured Fourlanes wont drop another point in the race I am sure, so pressure is on Frogpool now....

Good luck to Fourlanes in the race to the top from all at Illogan thirds 

Stop ass kissing. I think it’s fair to say your  players have plenty on fight in them they’ve showed that this season 

57 minutes ago, Themanhimself said:

This is getting boring now. Nothing wrong with four lanes just a tough junior football team. Roll on this Saturday when another piece of 'controversy' happens and the forum will be full of dull pointless comments from people jumping on the band wagon. Dilly dilly 

You just jumped on the wagon you numpty .....lol :yahoo:

4 hours ago, WendronOfficial said:

Remember when Gibbs was sent off for Oxlade-Chamberlains foul?

Or was it Oxlade-Chamberlain instead of Gibbs? 

Officials, players all make mistakes that’s why we play and officiate at this level.  Do we come on here to berate our striker who missed a sitter? Or goalkeeper that made a clanger? 

Depends who the striker is. Or who the goalkeeper is. 😂

42 minutes ago, Danielburt8 said:

Beale tries so hard to be the Simon cowell of this forum it’s actually hilarious when in fact he is more a louis Walsh 

I am allowed to put my input in just like every other member. I find it rather fitting that players and club members from Penwith are now giving their 2 pence worth as soon as violence is mentioned. I will continue to watch different games and give my opinion now I am too old to play.  

Just now, ian beale said:

I am allowed to put my input in just like every other member. I find it rather fitting that players and club members from Penwith are now giving their 2 pence worth as soon as violence is mentioned. I will continue to watch different games and give my opinion now I am too old to play.  

Literally have never anything decent to say about anything constant negative opinions and putting clubs down. 

To old and bitter I expect 

23 minutes ago, ian beale said:

Git back to Albert square 👍

1 hour ago, ian beale said:

Every game you watch you mention violence in some way these teams must be thugs like us ....