Hayle Thirds 8-0 Constantine Reserves
Marazion 7-0 Probus Reserves 

PERCY STEPHENS CUP, 3rd Round
Goonhavern Athletic 1-7 Penryn Athletic Reserves         

LOCKHART CUP, 1st Round
West Cornwall Reserves 4-0 St Day Thirds

Div 3

Storm 0-7 Praze

The game was played in good spirits, a much more positive game unlike last week at st Agnes.. From start to finish praze remained dominant controlling at least 85% of the ball. With some great play at times, the score could have been easily double figures but on a difficult pitch where it cut up pretty easily, praze will take a clean sheet, and an increase in goal difference which may be vital towards the end of the season. Credit to storm they field a team every week despite getting beaten, which is admirable. 

Ref was good but didn't have much to do.

goalscorers were Alex zam x3, Barry-John wyatt x2, Sam trevena x1 and Adie hart x1 

Up the canaries 

Chacewater 4 madron 0

Tough week for madron. 14 available at 1900 Friday and 11 available come 1430 Saturday.

Game played well with both teams having chances but unfortunately for madron chacewater took there's and madron didn't.

Nothing untoward or stupid went on for the 90 minutes and the young ref controlled the game despite both teams getting on his back.

Onwards and upwards for madron and well done chacewater. Thank you for the hospitality and the food in the pub afterwards.

7 minutes ago, fudge said:

Mariners 7 Illogan 0. Played in great sprit and well as ever by nigel jewell,Greg stephens with 3 stuart lugg 2 oli nidds and josh richards with 1 a piece,Thanks to nigel for coming back to the pub after.

I take it illogan didn't?

1 hour ago, mbkted said:

Chacewater 4 madron 0

Tough week for madron. 14 available at 1900 Friday and 11 available come 1430 Saturday.

Game played well with both teams having chances but unfortunately for madron chacewater took there's and madron didn't.

Nothing untoward or stupid went on for the 90 minutes and the young ref controlled the game despite both teams getting on his back.

Onwards and upwards for madron and well done chacewater. Thank you for the hospitality and the food in the pub afterwards.

Thanks mate and thanks too for coming down to the pub afterwards.

Hopefully there is still some grass left on the pitch.lol I marked it on Thursday and it was soft then and yesterday's rain resulted in two pitch inspections yesterday afternoon which just about passed.Any more heavy rain would have resulted in a postponement but there wasn't and the game was played .

We went the other way with numbers,having 12 on Thursday and two more made themselves available last night.

I know that our manager also thought 16 year old Ollie Knibb had an excellent game too.

Interesting game at Frogpool between the top two sides in Div 2, Frogpool and Four Lanes. The hosts won 2-1 but unfortunately such an important game was reffed by a very inexperienced official. From pitchside this clearly affected the result.

From giving a second yellow to a player who had not been previously booked and sending him off, to seriously inconsistent decisions and aggressive behaviour towards players, at no point did the official appear to be in control. 

Further more, the referee appeared to have an assessor watching on. I was witness to the assessor shoving a player after the game after an opposition player spoke to the referee. I do not know what was said or the tone of conversation between player and referee, but it looked calm enough and the player certainly didn’t have an angry attitude toward the ref. It certainly did not justify the nature of a physical assault, but as I say, anything could have been said.

Great football, Four Lanes unlucky not to take the points IMO. Both teams finished respectful towards each other.

I wouldn’t be surprised if serious questions were asked and a follow up was conducted after the poor officiating during the game and seemingly unprovoked actions of the 2nd official after the game.

Fal Utd 2  Lizard Res 1

Great game played in an excellent spirit by 2 good footballing teams. 0-0 at half time despite Utd dominating play. Lizard came out after the break and really applied some pressure but could find no way through a well marshalled defence. The deadlock was broken by a worldy from Tim Hurrell  curling a ball into top bins from the edge of the area only to see Lizard equalise 5 mins later. A share of the points seemed to be on the cards which to be honest would've been fair but in the dying seconds a beautifully floated free kick was headed home by Jack Blakeston.

Many thanks to Matt Stuart who was a last minute stand in ref (who did a great job), after we found we had no ref 15 minutes before kick off. 

Also nice to see the two young lads from the Lizard come back to the pub and eat their weight in sausages. 

Div 3 

Rosudgeon Reserves 3-3 Frogpool rsvs 

A good game for the neutral to watch. Frogpool 2 up after 8 minutes, 1-2 at ht. 

Rosudgeon went 3-2 up, with about 8 to play Frogpool equalised. 

cracking game. 

Would like to thank Frogpool and the Fa guys for making sure we got this game played. With no ref on Friday night, all parties tried their best to get the game on. 

Thank you, and all the best to Frogpool for the rest of the season ( apart from when we come to yours 😀

well reffed by Dean Keitly 

🐂

52 minutes ago, ddj146 said:

Interesting game at Frogpool between the top two sides in Div 2, Frogpool and Four Lanes. The hosts won 2-1 but unfortunately such an important game was reffed by a very inexperienced official. From pitchside this clearly affected the result.

From giving a second yellow to a player who had not been previously booked and sending him off, to seriously inconsistent decisions and aggressive behaviour towards players, at no point did the official appear to be in control. 

Further more, the referee appeared to have an assessor watching on. I was witness to the assessor shoving a player after the game after an opposition player spoke to the referee. I do not know what was said or the tone of conversation between player and referee, but it looked calm enough and the player certainly didn’t have an angry attitude toward the ref. It certainly did not justify the nature of a physical assault, but as I say, anything could have been said.

Great football, Four Lanes unlucky not to take the points IMO. Both teams finished respectful towards each other.

I wouldn’t be surprised if serious questions were asked and a follow up was conducted after the poor officiating during the game and seemingly unprovoked actions of the 2nd official after the game.

As @Dave Bartlam would say a investigation will only occur if the teams scored the referee below the necessary markings 🤓

11 minutes ago, Tempo said:

Happy to admit Four Lanes had the better of the possession and chances today. We countered well and defended brilliantly though. A hard fought three point during a very tough month!

Good win for frogpool heard four lanes had a few players attending a wedding today so credit to them for fulfilling the fixture..

Div 2 

New Inn 4 Falmouth DC 1

Pitch soggy and hard to play fluent football both teams gave it a good go.the Falmouth centre half made a save that De gea would of been proud of off the goal line and risked paying out for a red but wasn't seen 😹 goodluck to DC for rest of season some tidy players who could cause teams abit of problems if they were hungrier..

Good to see hal Davis getting a full 90 and a goal after coming back from a few months injury lay off...

1 hour ago, Purple Army said:

Div 3 

Rosudgeon Reserves 3-3 Frogpool rsvs 

A good game for the neutral to watch. Frogpool 2 up after 8 minutes, 1-2 at ht. 

Rosudgeon went 3-2 up, with about 8 to play Frogpool equalised. 

cracking game. 

Would like to thank Frogpool and the Fa guys for making sure we got this game played. With no ref on Friday night, all parties tried their best to get the game on. 

Thank you, and all the best to Frogpool for the rest of the season ( apart from when we come to yours 😀

well reffed by Dean Keitly 

🐂

Bit of a crazy game this! A really good battle by both teams. A draw was a fair result.

I thought the ref today was great. allowed a lot and was really consistent.

Frogpool goals

Kevin Smith

Dan Higgins

Mike Rollason

1 hour ago, Asterix said:

As @Dave Bartlam would say a investigation will only occur if the teams scored the referee below the necessary markings 🤓

That's exactly what I've said to all involved that have contacted me today regarding this game.

It's a shame that [what could have been] one of the games of the season in Division Two has been overshadowed a little bit. 

I think all involved are feeling a little deflated after today

7 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

That's exactly what I've said to all involved that have contacted me today regarding this game.

It's a shame that [what could have been] one of the games of the season in Division Two has been overshadowed a little bit. 

I think all involved are feeling a little deflated after today

We’re not!

I took the trip down to watch Frogpool - Four Lanes yesterday. A game played at a high standard and both teams a credit to the Trelawney league for their footballing ability. It has to be said that Four Lanes were by far the better side and outplayed Frogpool but were appalling in front of goal and seemed to be playing against the referee also. Frogpool had a calmness about them and counter-attacked very well and took the victory but owe the referee a few pints of Cornish ale because as a lot of the comments have already stated, this game was destroyed by the woefully inexperienced referee. I've read other comments suggesting he was a new referee and was being observed during this game (the older gent with the clip board wasn't a scout then!?) To call it as it was, he was probably the worst that I have ever witnessed and I have been involved in Cornwall football for over 25 years. He was young and it's wonderful to see new referees on the scene but just as the referees give up their time on a Saturday, so do these players, who also pay for the privilege and the outcome of a football match, especially of this importance should not be determined by a referee appointment. There was a feeling amongst the very few of us spectating that this referee was doing his bit for Frogpool for whatever reason. Both managers were very frustrated and it ruined what should have been a good advert for cornish football. You have to feel for Four Lanes who appeared to lose a game down to a referee appointment but I'm sure there will be some questions for the league to answer as there must have been a much less important game for this referee to officiate. Good luck to both sides for the remainder of the season.

52 minutes ago, Daveblase63 said:

I took the trip down to watch Frogpool - Four Lanes yesterday. A game played at a high standard and both teams a credit to the Trelawney league for their footballing ability. It has to be said that Four Lanes were by far the better side and outplayed Frogpool but were appalling in front of goal and seemed to be playing against the referee also. Frogpool had a calmness about them and counter-attacked very well and took the victory but owe the referee a few pints of Cornish ale because as a lot of the comments have already stated, this game was destroyed by the woefully inexperienced referee. I've read other comments suggesting he was a new referee and was being observed during this game (the older gent with the clip board wasn't a scout then!?) To call it as it was, he was probably the worst that I have ever witnessed and I have been involved in Cornwall football for over 25 years. He was young and it's wonderful to see new referees on the scene but just as the referees give up their time on a Saturday, so do these players, who also pay for the privilege and the outcome of a football match, especially of this importance should not be determined by a referee appointment. There was a feeling amongst the very few of us spectating that this referee was doing his bit for Frogpool for whatever reason. Both managers were very frustrated and it ruined what should have been a good advert for cornish football. You have to feel for Four Lanes who appeared to lose a game down to a referee appointment but I'm sure there will be some questions for the league to answer as there must have been a much less important game for this referee to officiate. Good luck to both sides for the remainder of the season.

You’re right, maybe if a more experienced referee had been at the match, then maybe the four lanes boys would have had more than the one red card. It was appalling to hear the guy on the sidelines that got sent off saying “I’m gonna do him at the end of the game” disgusting behaviour. Yes this referee may not have had the easiest of games but it will be a massive learning curve for him and maybe he will become a better official for it, but regardless of how bad a game an official may have it doesn’t warrant getting threats after the game and aggressive behaviour. We really need more officials at this level and you can see why they’re being put off when people behave like that! Why can’t we just stick to playing football nowadays instead of just wanting a fight? 

Let's make something clear regarding the referee for a minute...

The referee is a new referee. He is not going to learn much by going and officiating in a top v bottom game in Trelawny 4. He will however learn by baptism of fire (certainly was for me) by taking charge of a game which was important to both sides in a higher division. That is where he will learn. I should imagine that he was put on this game as it was going to be a challenge for him - I would also imagine that is also why he had an experienced mentor at this game because that is where you will gain a true understanding of the referees ability.

Regardless of that, players must also take responsibility for their actions. 

I spoke to the referee in question and he was pretty deflated after this game. I hope he can bounce back from it. We are not in a situation where we can lose more referees.

Once this referee gets his level six (next season of he goes for promotion), he will then go on the line for the level fours in the SWPL... That is where he will start to learn.

It's no good people saying that he was the worst referee etc... The Trelawny League is the lowest league in the country as a grassroots, recreational league. Every single referee has to start at this level.

1 hour ago, Daveblase63 said:

Questions for the League to answer ??

We DO NOT have anything to do with where ANY referee is appointed .

The CCFA employ a person to appoint referees to ALL leagues in the County .

Referee's are largely irrelevant. It has always been,  and always Will be....down to player behaviour. 

Today it is fashionable to find fault when in reality the fault is your own.

Today's wussers are brought up to have an opinion on everything, when in truth it is better sometimes to keep shtummmmmmm!

17 hours ago, Unitedwestand said:

Fal Utd 2  Lizard Res 1

Great game played in an excellent spirit by 2 good footballing teams. 0-0 at half time despite Utd dominating play. Lizard came out after the break and really applied some pressure but could find no way through a well marshalled defence. The deadlock was broken by a worldy from Tim Hurrell  curling a ball into top bins from the edge of the area only to see Lizard equalise 5 mins later. A share of the points seemed to be on the cards which to be honest would've been fair but in the dying seconds a beautifully floated free kick was headed home by Jack Blakeston.

Many thanks to Matt Stuart who was a last minute stand in ref (who did a great job), after we found we had no ref 15 minutes before kick off. 

Also nice to see the two young lads from the Lizard come back to the pub and eat their weight in sausages. 

He is obviously a better ref than player 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😘

20 hours ago, Soccer Follower said:

Div 2

St.Ives Mariners 7  Illogan RBL 3rds 0  h/t 3-0

Game played in very good spirits and referee hardly needed.

Good to catch up with the two elder statesmen of Mariners,Harry & Denzil.

It was a pleasure to have you nigel like you said played in good spirits.Haha good old grandpa and Harry are always there watchen in any weather.

5 hours ago, Daveblase63 said:

Can I just say - I don’t think we won because of the ref. We won because we defended well, countered and took our chances, which Four Lanes failed to do.

They were much the better side on the day. But our back four and goalkeeper were exceptional. I just want to look at the positives from the game from our perspective. 

4 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

The referee is a new referee. He is not going to learn much by going and officiating in a top v bottom game in Trelawny 4. He will however learn by baptism of fire (certainly was for me) by taking charge of a game which was important to both sides in a higher division. That is where he will learn. He was put on this game as it was going to be a challenge for him - that is also why he had an experienced mentor at this game because that is where you will gain a true understanding of the referees ability.

I spoke to the referee in question and he was pretty deflated after this game. I hope he can bounce back from it. We are not in a situation where we can lose more referees.

Once this referee gets his level six (next season of he goes for promotion), he will then go on the line for the level fours in the SWPL... That is where he will start to learn.

It's no good people saying that he was teh worst referee etc... The Trelawny League is the lowest league in the country as a grassroots, recreational league. Every single referee has to start at this level.

If this is the young 16/17 yr old we had at stithians he did very well had no complaints and even awarded a penalty to threemilestone. Which was correct. But like i said did very well and called everything down the line. I hope he continues and the ppl that threatened the ref if involved in the game if they were. Are banned for the rest of the season. Just going to end up with no refs. If not happy with the ref just get on with the game and then deal with it afterwards and report it. We are supposed to be grown men. Surly we can act with dignity and do things the correct way. This is one of the reason grassroots in on a huge decline among many other reasons.

Also before the start of the game as i was told he was new. I told the boys he is learning so won't get everything right and to get on with it. If they gave the ref any trouble i would sub them off.

They listened and didnt give him trouble. Surly all clubs should be taking responsibility to to help new refs when they start out.

11 minutes ago, Leehh said:

If this is the young 16/17 yr old we had at stithians he did very well had no complaints and even awarded a penalty to threemilestone. Which was correct. But like i said did very well and called everything down the line. I hope he continues and the ppl that threatened the ref if involved in the game if they were. Are banned for the rest of the season. Just going to end up with no refs. If not happy with the ref just get on with the game and then deal with it afterwards and report it. We are supposed to be grown men. Surly we can act with dignity and do things the correct way. This is one of the reason grassroots in on a huge decline among many other reasons.

Also before the start of the game as i was told he was new. I told the boys he is learning so won't get everything right and to get on with it. If they gave the ref any trouble i would sub them off.

They listened and didnt give him trouble. Surly all clubs should be taking responsibility to to help new refs when they start out.

Lee,the young referee that you are talking about that did Stithians Res. v Threemilestone Res. (Oliver Knibb) officiated at Chacewater yesterday and did an excellent job.

Well done on your instructions to your players too.

It would appear as though I have opened up a can of worms? 

With respect, I have to say that it is very embarrassing reading some of these comments.

'Dave Bartlam', I have no idea who you are, but based on your comments I am guessing that you were present at the game in question yesterday? Which one were you though, because there were not many of us watching. I believe you wrote something on the lines of "you hope that the referee bounces back"? Forgive me, but you, along with many others on these types of forums seem to suffer a great deal of amnesia when it comes to how football works and it is (as usual) an army of defence for the referees and the players somehow lost in the ether. Do you also hope that the players who were on the wrong end of this bounce back also? Perhaps you forgot to write that.

Yes, we all need referees. But what are referees without the teams and players to officiate? And, without teams and players, where is the league? Fortunately, I have never had to pay to play football but I understand that these players do. The 22 players on display yesterday all gave up their Saturday away from their families, just like the managers, to come and represent their teams and league, and as I understand this was a crucial fixture to determine who goes top of the league and potentially wins it, and the best that could be done was that referee? That is unacceptable. I have not watched a junior football match in over 10 years and now spend my years following Blazey. I repeat, I was incredibly impressed with the calibre shown by both sides yesterday, which was way above this league. I would go one further and say that individually there were 3 of 4 players yesterday that were as good, if not better than the ones that I watch weekly and could easily slip into our side. That was my main reason for posting in the first place however, as an ex player (14 years which were all played in the south western league...yes I am an old man now at 56) I was left feeling for the visitors and I wanted to give a fair analysis of what I had witnessed yesterday. I will call it as I saw it and it did not make for pretty viewing. Let me be clear, neither side are called St Blazey which means that I could not care less on the result of this game however I (like the other sparse few in attendance) expected to see an evenly officiated game and the harsh reality was that the referee appointed was well out of his depth and should not have been anywhere near that fixture, and unfortunately had a very heavy tilt towards the home side and doing his bit in ensuring one side came away with the three points. I do not know who is responsible for appointing him, and I respectfully have no interest, but if this referee did fail to "bounce back" as you put it, then that would be where to point the blame.

Well done to both sides, good luck to both teams because from a footballing perspective you are a credit to your respective clubs. Dave.

53 minutes ago, Daveblase63 said:

It would appear as though I have opened up a can of worms? 

With respect, I have to say that it is very embarrassing reading some of these comments.

'Dave Bartlam', I have no idea who you are, but based on your comments I am guessing that you were present at the game in question yesterday? Which one were you though, because there were not many of us watching. I believe you wrote something on the lines of "you hope that the referee bounces back"? Forgive me, but you, along with many others on these types of forums seem to suffer a great deal of amnesia when it comes to how football works and it is (as usual) an army of defence for the referees and the players somehow lost in the ether. Do you also hope that the players who were on the wrong end of this bounce back also? Perhaps you forgot to write that.

Yes, we all need referees. But what are referees without the teams and players to officiate? And, without teams and players, where is the league? Fortunately, I have never had to pay to play football but I understand that these players do. The 22 players on display yesterday all gave up their Saturday away from their families, just like the managers, to come and represent their teams and league, and as I understand this was a crucial fixture to determine who goes top of the league and potentially wins it, and the best that could be done was that referee? That is unacceptable. I have not watched a junior football match in over 10 years and now spend my years following Blazey. I repeat, I was incredibly impressed with the calibre shown by both sides yesterday, which was way above this league. I would go one further and say that individually there were 3 of 4 players yesterday that were as good, if not better than the ones that I watch weekly and could easily slip into our side. That was my main reason for posting in the first place however, as an ex player (14 years which were all played in the south western league...yes I am an old man now at 56) I was left feeling for the visitors and I wanted to give a fair analysis of what I had witnessed yesterday. I will call it as I saw it and it did not make for pretty viewing. Let me be clear, neither side are called St Blazey which means that I could not care less on the result of this game however I (like the other sparse few in attendance) expected to see an evenly officiated game and the harsh reality was that the referee appointed was well out of his depth and should not have been anywhere near that fixture, and unfortunately had a very heavy tilt towards the home side and doing his bit in ensuring one side came away with the three points. I do not know who is responsible for appointing him, and I respectfully have no interest, but if this referee did fail to "bounce back" as you put it, then that would be where to point the blame.

Well done to both sides, good luck to both teams because from a footballing perspective you are a credit to your respective clubs. Dave.

Dave bartlam is a

league representative,

very knowledgeable

widely opinionated

and a fellow Official. 

Take him as you may 🤔

20 minutes ago, Tempo said:

Can I just say - again - I don’t really think it’s fair to say the referee helped us to receive the three points. Not every decision went our way either, and we worked really hard to secure that win against a really good side.

Well said Tempo, puts all other comments in the shade....the referee comments especially.

11 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

The referee is a new referee. He is not going to learn much by going and officiating in a top v bottom game in Trelawny 4. He will however learn by baptism of fire (certainly was for me) by taking charge of a game which was important to both sides in a higher division. That is where he will learn. I should imagine that he was put on this game as it was going to be a challenge for him - I would also imagine that is also why he had an experienced mentor at this game because that is where you will gain a true understanding of the referees ability.

It's no good people saying that he was the worst referee etc... The Trelawny League is the lowest league in the country as a grassroots, recreational league. Every single referee has to start at this level.

Whilst I wasn't at this game and widely agree 100% with the sentiment of your post, it does make me wonder how serious the FA takes referee performances, as if this is the ref I think it is, very little appears to have been learnt since I had to file an adverse report earlier in the season? 

The referee sent off the wrong player for a second yellow card. He previously booked a different player but didn’t realise?!

This young player was rightfully mortified at being on the end of an absolute calamity of an afternoon full of woeful decisions, majority of which went against the away team. Who wouldn’t be upset? We all heard his frustrations.

Did he push anyone? Physically get aggressive with anyone? No, he didn’t.

Unlike the assessor watching the game who pushed over the away team GK completely unprovoked after the game.

So what will be done about that?

Buts let’s all defend the woefully inexperienced referee whose ‘skill set’ was justified to officiate one of the most important games of the season.

Say what you want about the way the teams played. This referee was the 12th man for Frogpool. For what reason god only knows, they’re a young team.

But a more experienced referee would’ve got the decisions right, and not sent off the wrong player!

I feel for the lads who gave up their afternoons all season, put the effort in, pay their match fees and receive that sort of treatment.