Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results - Saturday 19th January 2019

Results for
Saturday 19th January 2019 
Carharrack 0-8 Perranporth (Luke Wort 2, Just Searle 2, Jakob Springall 2, Terry Campbell 2) 
Att - 22
Lizard Argyle (Dagan Vaughan-Spruce, Craig Pollard) 2-3 Falmouth Town Reserves (Gavin Perrenton 2, Sam Pickup) 
Att - 25
Mullion (Jack Price 2) 2-0 RNAS Culdrose 
Att - 30
Pendeen Rovers (Josh Finlay, Silas Sullivan, Sean Sweeny, Danny Earl) 4-1 West Cornwall (Corentin Hirgair) 
Att - 40
Penryn Athletic (Jack James, Ryan Reeve) 2-1 Helston Athletic Reserves (Jamie Thirkle) 
Att - 91
Redruth United (Joel Snape) 1-3 Porthleven Reserves (Marcus Smith, Matt Dawson and Lee Smith)
Att - 25
St Day (Dan Richards 3, Chris Dobson, James Daniel, Nathan Taylor, Gavin Boon, Matt Witts, Chris Dower) 9-1 Hayle (Keiron Harris)
Att - 40
St Ives Town (Simon Stevens) 1-2 Perranwell (Rob Pell, Phil Rees)
Att - 35
St Just (Ashley Ellis 3, Jack Willis 2) 5-3 St Agnes (Sam Connolly, Darren Edwards, Daniel Lord) 
Att - 30
Wendron United Reserves A-A Illogan RBL

On 17/01/2019 at 11:42, cornishteddyboy said:

Results for
Saturday 19th January 2019 
Carharrack 0-8 Perranporth (???) 
Att - ???
Lizard Argyle v Falmouth Town Reserves 
Att - ???
Mullion (???) 2-0 RNAS Culdrose 
Att - ???
Pendeen Rovers 4-1 West Cornwall 
Att - ???
Penryn Athletic 2-1 Helston Athletic Reserves 
Att - 125
Redruth United 1-3 Porthleven Reserves 
Att - ???
St Day 9-1 Hayle 
Att - ???
St Ives Town 1-2 Perranwell 
Att - ???
St Just 5-3 St Agnes 
Att - ???
Wendron United Reserves A-A Illogan RBL

Penryn attendance 125

Carharrack Casuals 0, Perranporth 8

There were Perranporth, only able to raise 11 players so fearing an early injury or somesuch. Why should a club in the running for silverware struggle for players? Now Carharrack, there's another case altogether. Thirteen lads, pulled from who knows where, never played together before (hence "Casuals"!), looking far better than the side thus far, still on the wrong end of a hiding. Six-nil might have been fairer - harsh penalty and goal number 8 following a blatant push - but not from where the ref was - and he wasn't in the wrong place or anything like that, just the way it goes.

Danny Burrows was in fine form in the home goal, pulling off a number of very good saves to prevent an even worse scoreline. Poor old Richard Chown, Club Chairman, temporarily i/c the team today plus 2nd half lino: making an immense effort to hold the Club together. Those club officials and players who have derided the Carharrack side thus far would do well to remember: if clubs in trouble just went out of existence, how soon before there's no-one to play against; and there but for fortune - for that is all it is - go they. So 8 - 0 a bit harsh, but fair play to Perranporth, they brought a few spectators, their players were very sporting in their victory and it wasn't a bad game of football to watch.

Goals came in the 19th, 41st (pen), 45th+2, 46th, 63rd, 73rd, 86th and 88th minutes.

Tea STILL 50p, nice bacon butty £1.50.

And what on Earth happened to Hayle today?

40 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

There were Perranporth, only able to raise 11 players so fearing an early injury or somesuch. Why should a club in the running for silverware struggle for players? Now Carharrack, there's another case altogether. Thirteen lads, pulled from who knows where, never played together before (hence "Casuals"!), looking far better than the side thus far, still on the wrong end of a hiding. Six-nil might have been fairer - harsh penalty and goal number 8 following a blatant push - but not from where the ref was - and he wasn't in the wrong place or anything like that, just the way it goes.

Danny Burrows was in fine form in the home goal, pulling off a number of very good saves to prevent an even worse scoreline. Poor old Richard Chown, Club Chairman, temporarily i/c the team today plus 2nd half lino: making an immense effort to hold the Club together. Those club officials and players who have derided the Carharrack side thus far would do well to remember: if clubs in trouble just went out of existence, how soon before there's no-one to play against; and there but for fortune - for that is all it is - go they. So 8 - 0 a bit harsh, but fair play to Perranporth, they brought a few spectators, their players were very sporting in their victory and it wasn't a bad game of football to watch.

Goals came in the 19th, 41st (pen), 45th+2, 46th, 63rd, 73rd, 86th and 88th minutes.

You would think Perranporth would have taken one Res player to sit on the bench

13 minutes ago, haylemed said:

What has gone wrong at Hayle.i know they have a large injury list but to concede 17 goals in 3 games leaves you a bit puzzled to say the least.I hope we get some of the boys back soon.

Hayle are looking poor at the minute and really don’t look like a side that should be playing combination football. Maybe they’re bottling it because they don’t want to step up next season into the new league? 

2 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

I felt Carharrack were well in the game up until the penalty. You call it harsh, i call it 1 of the weirdest decisions I've seen - 2 players go up for a header, the perran forward wins it & the ref deemed the carharrack man had kneed him in the arse as he challenged, despite no appeals & the game being allowed to go on for a couple seconds. 1 of those decisions where neither set of players knew what the ref has given when the whistle went. 3rd goal right on half time & 4th just after half time killed carharrack. Still, perran were a quality side, they will beat "better sides" by more than that this season. Luke Wort & Terry Campbell were unplayable at times. As you said Dan Burrows was different class in the sticks. 

1 hour ago, CornishFan95 said:

Hayle are looking poor at the minute and really don’t look like a side that should be playing combination football. Maybe they’re bottling it because they don’t want to step up next season into the new league? 

It is not a given that clubs finishing in the top few places will forced to be promoted so your statement is wrong. 

I have heard Hayle have quite a few injured players who are the linchpins of the side. Once back their results should improve.

8 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

It is not a given that clubs finishing in the top few places will forced to be promoted so your statement is wrong. 

I have heard Hayle have quite a few injured players who are the linchpins of the side. Once back their results should improve.

I’m sure the rest of the team that read what you’ve just stated will be happy to know that they need certain players on the team to be able to not concede more than 8 goals. 

3 hours ago, Roy D said:

I felt Carharrack were well in the game up until the penalty. You call it harsh, i call it 1 of the weirdest decisions I've seen - 2 players go up for a header, the perran forward wins it & the ref deemed the carharrack man had kneed him in the arse as he challenged, despite no appeals & the game being allowed to go on for a couple seconds. 1 of those decisions where neither set of players knew what the ref has given when the whistle went. 3rd goal right on half time & 4th just after half time killed carharrack. Still, perran were a quality side, they will beat "better sides" by more than that this season. Luke Wort & Terry Campbell were unplayable at times. As you said Dan Burrows was different class in the sticks. 

You back playing for carharrack today Roy? Dan Burrows very good keeper, Good to see Richard getting some of the local boy's back to help out.

St Ives 1 - Perranwell 2 - The Well turned up, played poorly and went home with the points, not much more to say, only bright point came with a well taken goal from Rob Pell to bring the scores level, but St Ives really must be wondering how they lost this one. Game was well reffed by Charlie Philpott. Undulating pitch took its toll with a couple of no contact injuries, one in the warm up and another 10 minutes into the game.

Penryn 2 Helston Reserves 1

Very good advert for the combination league two good teams with too totally different game plans Helston trying to play from the back and then through the mid field  and Penryn getting the ball up front as quick as possible and on a pitch that cut up quickly Penryn probably had the better game plan, good crowd there and wether it was 91 or 100 plus i'm sure they all enjoyed the game on a sad note one of the Penryn lads was taken to the hospital hope he is ok 

Penryn set up to let Helston pass the ball around the back, which they did all game, just sat back and watched them do it.

Eventually the passing broke down and the ball whipped forward to the front line on numerous quick breaks. From two of those breaks Penryn scored two tidy goals.

Helston continued to pass the ball to death, with probably 70% of the possession, but not lot of goal threat, Penryn survived a couple of scares to see the game out.

Very well reffed and assisted by two excellent lino's. 

Unfortunately it looks as though the boy may have broken his tib and fib, no news as yet.

What a brilliant advert for the combination at Kernick yesterday, those that have doubted the standard of the top teams would’ve been proved wrong yesterday. 

A real tactical battle, refreshing to see in Cornish football.  Penryn allowed Helston to dominate the ball and sat deep, moving the ball forward quickly when they had it. Helston moved the ball around superbly albeit without creating too much, but great football on display. 

A game of few chances, a credit to both set ups, Penryn just took 1 more than the away side on the day. I’m sure Harry pope slept well last night. 

Both teams seem to be playing their best stuff at the minute and will hope to close the gap on Perranporth. 

Hope the Ryn boy that was forced off in the first 10 has a speedy recovery. From comments here, seems not to be as bad as first expected which is good news! 

17 hours ago, willy7 said:

You back playing for carharrack today Roy? Dan Burrows very good keeper, Good to see Richard getting some of the local boy's back to help out.

Yes bud. As you know, when I left carharrack at the end of last season I decided to drop out of senior football & play with my mates at Threemilestone 2nds (who my brother manages), I signed for penryn for when I didn't have a game. Played for Ryn against Perran, St Ives & St Blazey, but that's it all season. Now Threemilestone only have 5 games remaining I thought it might be a good idea to sign for Carharrack, as I love the club & would rather play in side that gets spanked every week than Watch on while they fold, after winning everything there is to win in combo I thought it was the least I could do. But yeah as I said before, I felt we actually played well on sat. We were desperate for half time to come at 1-0 but couldn't hold on & ended up running out of gas/ideas.

4 minutes ago, Roy D said:

Yes bud. As you know, when I left carharrack at the end of last season I decided to drop out of senior football & play with my mates at Threemilestone 2nds (who my brother manages), I signed for penryn for when I didn't have a game. Played for Ryn against Perran, St Ives & St Blazey, but that's it all season. Now Threemilestone only have 5 games remaining I thought it might be a good idea to sign for Carharrack, as I love the club & would rather play in side that gets spanked every week than Watch on while they fold, after winning everything there is to win in combo I thought it was the least I could do. But yeah as I said before, I felt we actually played well on sat. We were desperate for half time to come at 1-0 but couldn't hold on & ended up running out of gas/ideas.

Good on you to help them out, I guess you will get a few of the other Threemilestone player's to play also. Don't want any club's to fold.

48 minutes ago, willy7 said:

Good on you to help them out, I guess you will get a few of the other Threemilestone player's to play also. Don't want any club's to fold.

Yeah. Also Ryn have 5 or 6 quality centre halfs anyway so i am definately needed more at catharrack, Ryn waived the 7 days which was nice. Haha well now you have to put 7 days in between the 2 league's it's not that simple. 

3 minutes ago, Roy D said:

Yeah. Also Ryn have 5 or 6 quality centre halfs anyway so i am definately needed more at catharrack, Ryn waived the 7 days which was nice. Haha well now you have to put 7 days in between the 2 league's it's not that simple. 

Stupid rule. I can see you there as manager next season, should have chosen you this season.😉