Cornwall Football Forum

Illegal approaches for players

7 hours ago, baldy said:

As We Two is a relatively new member of the forum, I suggest his comment is a bit derogatory. Issac is an intelligent gentleman, very opinionated, usually right (IMHO) and exceedingly entertaining.

Over a year.

But what constitutes as relatively new?

Over 2 years actually, but  we are unaware of any qualification time lapse to be able to make a comment, so that is irrelevant.
Our post was meant as a bit of fun, sorry if it offended anyone, and rather surprised that it was found to be derogatory, and yet finds Issac Rosenbergs post exceedingly entertaining.
Your standards are a  bit mixed up there Baldy

17 hours ago, baldy said:

As We Two is a relatively new member of the forum, I suggest his comment is a bit derogatory. Issac is an intelligent gentleman, very opinionated, usually right (IMHO) and exceedingly entertaining.

1 hour ago, baldy said:

If I were in the habit of making derogatory comments, which I’m not, I would direct this to We Two “ As there seems to be 2 of you, perhaps the one whose turn it is to have the brain cell on a particular day, could post”

Nothing derogatory in that statement then?  .
Derogatory is defined in the Collins Dictionary as intentionally offensive like your post above.
We won't make any more comments based on ill informed and Intentionally offensive remarks, as there is no point, you can't defend the indefensible Baldy.

Tablets ? Only for the usual sort of male menopause troubles we all get after a full and lively existence. Just celebrating no longer having to deal with the same old rubbish I remember as a snail-mail pre-tech club secretary decades ago; hope I didn't offend anybody. The old League Two hospitality was rocking and rolling a bit yesterday at The New Lawn. Might be back in Cornwall next week for the Tinners at Oxland Parc.....famous old fixture back in the seventies when they were top of the league and Constable Les Jenkin came there and scored three volleys and a header...never seen Roger Toms looking so exasperated. Only 6-0 on the first day of the season, I think we'll improve on that. On a good day, Jack and Ashley make the best pairing of strikers in the league, smashing five past the mighty Aggie yesterday.

Glad to see the Rynners take out John Roberts United with the long ball game. What is the truth about this league restructure that nobody wants ? Who are the officers or won't that be decided till June ? Judging by the undemocratic way the Combo has gone, I expect it has already been decided which clubs will be in which league.

Don't care too much, as long as there's a team wearing green and black and the best, longest-serving manager in Cornwall, Steve Curnow, supported by a good secretary like Ben Way and  fantastic lads on the pitch. Hope they're getting the local support they deserve too.       

6 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Tablets ? Only for the usual sort of male menopause troubles we all get after a full and lively existence. Just celebrating no longer having to deal with the same old rubbish I remember as a snail-mail pre-tech club secretary decades ago; hope I didn't offend anybody. The old League Two hospitality was rocking and rolling a bit yesterday at The New Lawn. Might be back in Cornwall next week for the Tinners at Oxland Parc.....famous old fixture back in the seventies when they were top of the league and Constable Les Jenkin came there and scored three volleys and a header...never seen Roger Toms looking so exasperated. Only 6-0 on the first day of the season, I think we'll improve on that. On a good day, Jack and Ashley make the best pairing of strikers in the league, smashing five past the mighty Aggie yesterday.

Glad to see the Rynners take out John Roberts United with the long ball game. What is the truth about this league restructure that nobody wants ? Who are the officers or won't that be decided till June ? Judging by the undemocratic way the Combo has gone, I expect it has already been decided which clubs will be in which league.

Don't care too much, as long as there's a team wearing green and black and the best, longest-serving manager in Cornwall, Steve Curnow, supported by a good secretary like Ben Way and  fantastic lads on the pitch. Hope they're getting the local support they deserve too.       

Isaac best comment ever 'Glad to see the Rynners take out John Roberts'

On 14/01/2019 at 05:29, Andys said:

Head above the parapet time! Very disappointing to see officials from clubs in the top six in Combo making blatant illegal approaches for our players at the Well. Fortunately our players are happy and loyal to their club and are not swayed by promises of potential cash, nights out paid for, or the fact that a club's facilities might be better than ours. We have the screenshots from the texts concerned, let's leave it there. There might be clubs who have better facilities and can promise more than us, but the one thing you can't buy is loyalty.

Is it true that your player in question is still messaging the person who has illegally approached him even after you put the complaint into the FA?

10 hours ago, Alf said:

Think you should tell him to stop messaging the person you have reported and asking for money. 

Great to see that the advocates of the club in question will do anything they can to try and deflect attention from their wrong doing, but thanks for the acknowledgement of the illegal approach, our player is not the one in the wrong here and why swap what money can't buy?

4 hours ago, Andys said:

Great to see that the advocates of the club in question will do anything they can to try and deflect attention from their wrong doing, but thanks for the acknowledgement of the illegal approach, our player is not the one in the wrong here and why swap what money can't buy?

You stated the illegal approach. So there was money offered? Thought you said it was free night's on the beer.lol  

I believe the approach is wrong but your player still messaging asking for money is also very wrong which is trying to get people into trouble also.

Perhaps  some people  are worried  about a can of worms being opened ,  perhaps  the tax inspectors  might come  calling ?   Let's see what the FA do about it  ,  perhaps clubs  should be open  to who is paying  and who isn't   and set the record straight  , which would maybe stop a lot of  rumours  circulating  around local football . 

4 hours ago, winston said:

no idea of the players or clubs involved. but I wonder if its the same player touting himself to some peninsula teams asking if they will pay more than he gets as a backhander from the perrranwell manager.

Must be a different Perranwell to the one in the Combo then because there are definitely no players getting a penny here, they all pay to play, and if you knew our manager, the only chance of a backhander would be around the ear - sorry Si!!!

If you are bothered about illegal approaches, keep your wives well away from clubhouses and all your animals securely locked up ! I can't see anything derogatory in telling the truth about the wonderful thieves, lunatics and liars I am deighted to call friends. I would he delighted to extend that category to Mr Wee as well, even if he is only Two. Those of us who see this website as Cornwall's answer to Shakespeare know that Rome was not built in a day. For that matter, neither was Penzance, though you'd think so to look at it. I see we're out of the cup again, which is good in a way because it leaves us free to concentrate on winding up John Roberts. I hope he gets a new coat for the cup final this year because it's all very well putting on your funeral suit for these occasions but funeral suit doesn't  mean you try to look like you're already embalmed. I'm free to say what I like now because I don't have to submit my opinions to the St Just committee for scrutiny in advance. They'll be too busy stockpiling bottles of Jagermeister in case of a No Deal Brexit to bother anyway. Once you manage to stash away 100, you get given a free Trustee. As for seven days, is that how long it used to take Larry Marsh to get from box to box ? No, my mistake, that was just to pick up the phone.

10 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

If you are bothered about illegal approaches, keep your wives well away from clubhouses and all your animals securely locked up ! I can't see anything derogatory in telling the truth about the wonderful thieves, lunatics and liars I am deighted to call friends. I would he delighted to extend that category to Mr Wee as well, even if he is only Two. Those of us who see this website as Cornwall's answer to Shakespeare know that Rome was not built in a day. For that matter, neither was Penzance, though you'd think so to look at it. I see we're out of the cup again, which is good in a way because it leaves us free to concentrate on winding up John Roberts. I hope he gets a new coat for the cup final this year because it's all very well putting on your funeral suit for these occasions but funeral suit doesn't  mean you try to look like you're already embalmed. I'm free to say what I like now because I don't have to submit my opinions to the St Just committee for scrutiny in advance. They'll be too busy stockpiling bottles of Jagermeister in case of a No Deal Brexit to bother anyway. Once you manage to stash away 100, you get given a free Trustee. As for seven days, is that how long it used to take Larry Marsh to get from box to box ? No, my mistake, that was just to pick up the phone.

You on the cidre again isaac (?)

30 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

The legend of the cornwall football forum ladies and gentlemen Mr Isaac Rosenberg 

Following the lunatic behaviour of the Tory Class Enemies and the febrile response of the Labour Leader, whom I personally helped to elect, I shall be contacting MrJuncker on behalf of the People's Republic of Lafrowda Park and flashing my Bremoaner Credentials next week, in a late attempt to ensure that the People's Republic avoids the disaster due to destroy the rest of Cornwall on March 29, where apparently there are a lot of Brexitty Turkeys begging to he pointlessly slaughtered under the delusion that it is still Xmas. At the very least, following my visit to Brussels to negotiate en francais courant, I expect St Just and Pendeen to he competing next July for a wild card place in the qualifying rounds of the Europa League. 

18 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Following the lunatic behaviour of the Tory Class Enemies and the febrile response of the Labour Leader, whom I personally helped to elect, I shall be contacting MrJuncker on behalf of the People's Republic of Lafrowda Park and flashing my Bremoaner Credentials next week, in a late attempt to ensure that the People's Republic avoids the disaster due to destroy the rest of Cornwall on March 29, where apparently there are a lot of Brexitty Turkeys begging to he pointlessly slaughtered under the delusion that it is still Xmas. At the very least, following my visit to Brussels to negotiate en francais courant, I expect St Just and Pendeen to he competing next July for a wild card place in the qualifying rounds of the Europa League. 

You are on a different planet isaac...losing it "bro"

As Keats wrote:  "Then felt I like some watcher of the skies When a new planet swims into his ken. Or like stout Cortes, when with eagle eyes He stared on the Cot River, and all his men Looked on each other with a wild surmise Silent, upon a peak beyond Pendeen." The times we are living through, you gotta be on a different planet to comprehend, Older !

57 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

As Keats wrote:  "Then felt I like some watcher of the skies When a new planet swims into his ken. Or like stout Cortes, when with eagle eyes He stared on the Cot River, and all his men Looked on each other with a wild surmise Silent, upon a peak beyond Pendeen." The times we are living through, you gotta be on a different planet to comprehend, Older !

I'll stick to good old mother earth thanks isaac.

I'll always be grounded not ethereal. 

I wasn't going to bring anybody's mother into it, but how come so many of you Rynners have got the same surnames ! Not like Tewsters. We are very internationalist anf globally minded down there, My father came all the way from Marazion. Dave Fisher once warned me against signing anybody born within sight of the Four Lanes Mast. Apparently it does things to footballers. That thing about having different length legs to give yourself an advantage playing at Perranwell, for instance. I am always looking for helpful information like that to assist my new career when I retire from teaching to become a professional gambler next year. Don't tell anybody yet, I just need to run the plan past my wife first.

4 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

I wasn't going to bring anybody's mother into it, but how come so many of you Rynners have got the same surnames ! Not like Tewsters. We are very internationalist anf globally minded down there, My father came all the way from Marazion. Dave Fisher once warned me against signing anybody born within sight of the Four Lanes Mast. Apparently it does things to footballers. That thing about having different length legs to give yourself an advantage playing at Perranwell, for instance. I am always looking for helpful information like that to assist my new career when I retire from teaching to become a professional gambler next year. Don't tell anybody yet, I just need to run the plan past my wife first.

I'll give you some more valuable information if you like... Don't gamble.

Probably the best advice you've ever been given.