Cornwall Football Forum

Visiting Cornwall at Easter

Afternoon all,

My wife and I will be coming down to Cornwall for a week with our dog during the Easter holidays - this is a call for help to identify any grounds where games might be played when I’m down there.

We’re staying near Falmouth (hired a holiday home close to Mabe Burnthouse) between Fri 12 - Fri 19 April.

Falmouth Town are home on the 13th but I wanted to know what other games might be taking place nearby during my stay down there (no matter at which level).

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Owain

8 hours ago, Owain_Wales said:

Afternoon all,

My wife and I will be coming down to Cornwall for a week with our dog during the Easter holidays - this is a call for help to identify any grounds where games might be played when I’m down there.

We’re staying near Falmouth (hired a holiday home close to Mabe Burnthouse) between Fri 12 - Fri 19 April.

Falmouth Town are home on the 13th but I wanted to know what other games might be taking place nearby during my stay down there (no matter at which level).

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Owain

Hello Owain. That's about half a mile from where I live.

You will definitely be in the best part of Gods earth.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new here. The name's Paul. I'm coming down in a fortnight (Feb 15th) for a week with my mate Simon and his family. 

Last time out we went to Torpoint Athletic vs Elburton Villa, Bodmin vs Launceston and Pelynt vs Lanivet Inn during a holiday spanning the October to November half term. We were staying at Killigarth Manor. 

This time we're stopping at Hengar Manor. Fixtures in the midweek are very thin on the ground at present. Does anyone know if it is likely that today's postponed games might be rescheduled for the week starting 18th Feb for clubs with floodlights? 

We didn't know about the Cornish Soccer site, but have been looking for similar for ages. That link will be very helpful to us in future, I am sure.

Right that's me. I'm off to watch Canterbury City in the FA Vase last 16 this afternoon as my team's (Chatham Town) Southern Counties East FL (SCEFL) game away at Beckenham has been postponed.

Hope to see some of you in a couple of weeks and I expect Simon will join this forum if he hasn't already. 

Cheers, Paul 'Pledge' Rodgers

PS we're from Kent (Rochester for Simon and Gillingham for me). We are both lapsed Gillingham FC fans who now prefer football lower down the money chain!

Edited by Pledge
I wanted to add where we're from and who we support/ed