Cornwall Football Forum

BOND TIMBER CORNWALL JUNIOR CUP, 4th Round - Saturday 12 January 2019

BOND TIMBER CORNWALL JUNIOR CUP, 4th Round (2.00pm)
Frogpool/Cusgarne 2-1 Veryan 
Gwinear Churchtown 3-2 North Petherwin 
Lostwithiel 1-0 Ludgvan Res 
Mawnan 1-6 Foxhole Stars 
Penwith Exiles 1-3 Mousehole Res (aet) 
Polperro Res 4-0 Pensilva
St Mawgan 3-1 Helston Athletic 3rds
West Cornwall 1-2 Illogan RBL Res

Penwith exiles 1 mousehole 3                    can't really give a detailed match report as I was playing but think we should of and could of won the game. some great saves by angove in goal and missed efforts by Penwith.  1 - 1 in last half of extra time and mousehole scored on a rare break after clearing the ball of there own line. they then did same thing straight after which ended up a penalty . Caleb with good Finish to wrap the game up. wish my old team all the best and hope they can go on and win it  or even gwinear who I heard also won today. well done boys

Junior Cup

Frogpool 2-1 Veryan

The away side deservedly took the lead about twenty minutes into the first half after a fine counter attack was tucked away from close range.

A couple of fine saves from Callum Davis kept us in the game.

We didn’t get going until the second half. We decided to make three quick fire subs, a couple of which were forced, and they really paid off. Elliot Jorey came on in midfield and his composure immediately showed, we began to actually maintain some possession.

Danny Alford replaced Ashley Lawrence on the left and worked hard.

Sam Blackwood coming on for the injured Sam Bromley seemed to be the huge difference maker though. His energy and work rate switched the team into life.

Our equaliser came from a scintillating half volley from Will Harding on the edge of the box into the top corner.

Just five minutes later some good work from Jack Froud down the right hand side led to a good cross that found its way to David Leach to smash home off the cross bar.

The back five consisting of Davis, Adam Coveney, Lewis Bax, Tom Campbell and Jordan Phillipps were outstanding throughout and with the help of some hard work from the midfield were able to see out the game.

Well officiated by Chris Dengler. Thanks to Veryan for making the trip - every single one of them wished us luck in the next round. A good group of boys who I hope succeed throughout the rest of the season.

We gave man of the match to Sam Blackwood whose tireless running turned the game on its head.

Come on you Frogs!

Saturday 12th January 2019

Mawnan Smith 1 (Pullen 86) Foxhole 6 (Griffin 11, 53, 69, Reed-Bennett 67, Kerrigan 74, Bould 82)  

Foxhole (4-4-2): Matt Bullen; Nathan Papaioannou, Chris Brown, Lee Whetter, Huw Morgan; Bradley Allen, Rory Barnacle, Lee Reed-Bennett, Levi Kerrigan; Benno Bould, Richard Griffin. Subs: Ryan Wilkins, Nathan Allen, Martin Gilbert, Callan Rundle.

Mawnan (4-4-2): Jamie Gray; Dan Buckingham, Adam Pryor, Darren Friend, Ben Oliver; Steve Winnan, Pete McLean, Ryan James, Steve Retchford; Dominic Pullen, Adam Keenan. Subs: Dan Knowles, Pete Sharp, Ross Stevens.

Foxhole never really looked likely to relinquish their early lead and eased into the last eight with goals at regular intervals down the slope in the second-half. Many thanks to Mawnan for their hospitality and good luck to them for the rest of the season. Well done to the officials Jonothan Green, Ian Osborne and the home lino.

Unfortunate to lose today especially in extra time but full credit to Mousehole who played the game well, best of luck in the next round boys 🍺 ️ 

Must also mention the ref today he was outstanding thought he was brilliant throughout and tried to keep the game flowing 10/10

19 minutes ago, number 6 said:

Unfortunate to lose today especially in extra time but full credit to Mousehole who played the game well, best of luck in the next round boys 🍺 ️ 

Must also mention the ref today he was outstanding thought he was brilliant throughout and tried to keep the game flowing 10/10

forgot to mention the ref. had him a few times over the last couple seasons and he's always been outstanding . makes the right calls and talks to players 

44 minutes ago, Darin Morse said:

Saturday 12th January 2019

Mawnan Smith 1 (Pullen 86) Foxhole 6 (Griffin 11, 53, 69, Reed-Bennett 67, Kerrigan 74, Bould 82)  

Foxhole (4-4-2): Matt Bullen; Nathan Papaioannou, Chris Brown, Lee Whetter, Huw Morgan; Bradley Allen, Rory Barnacle, Lee Reed-Bennett, Levi Kerrigan; Benno Bould, Richard Griffin. Subs: Ryan Wilkins, Nathan Allen, Martin Gilbert, Callan Rundle.

Mawnan (4-4-2): Jamie Gray; Dan Buckingham, Adam Pryor, Darren Friend, Ben Oliver; Steve Winnan, Pete McLean, Ryan James, Steve Retchford; Dominic Pullen, Adam Keenan. Subs: Dan Knowles, Pete Sharp, Ross Stevens.

Foxhole never really looked likely to relinquish their early lead and eased into the last eight with goals at regular intervals down the slope in the second-half. Many thanks to Mawnan for their hospitality and good luck to them for the rest of the season. Well done to the officials Jonothan Green, Ian Osborne and the home lino.

Is that Mawnan Veterans ? How are a Vets team allowed to enter the Junior Cup??

Losty 1 Ludgvan 0

We sneaked through in a game high on endeavour and low on quality with both teams struggling a bit this season. The game could have gone either way with Johnny Harris notching the winner in the 70th minute. Ludgvan pushed hard for an equaliser but resolute defending and brave defending sw us home. A special mention to 16 year old ref Josh Morford who pit up with a lot of crap all afternoon but I thought he did a great job in the middle despite constant moaning and intimidation. Why is it when players make a mistake they blame the ref. Good luck to Ludgvan for the rest of the season you will play worse and win and somehow we are still in the Junior Cup. Great battling effort boys. PL22 what you gonna do!!!

Bond Timber Junior Cup

Gwin 3-2 North Petherwin

What a result for my boys and what a performance. 

Being the underdogs against the higher placed opposition I made it clear to the boys that they’ve got nothing to lose and to enjoy the occasion. 
We went 1-0 up from a Gavin Russell header from a long throw. From then we dominated and hit the bar from Charlie shears. Other missed chances let us down and was capitalized on when they were awarded a penalty against the run of play. 1-1. I was gutted and could see the boys were also. But give the boys their due they dug in and kept it going and grabbed it by the scruff. Resulted in skipper Russell scoring from a long range lob that nestled into top corner. Fantastic finish. 
H-T 2-1 
Team talk was pretty much; don’t take foot of gas. And carry on. We did that and James Franklin who made his debut made a quality run into penalty area and was bought down which resulted in penalty. Which was calmly slotted by top goal scorer Billy Foster. 3-1 and cruising. We were on top and had the possession and couldn’t see anything going wrong. 
How wrong I was, a miscued clearance led to their striker bursting through on goal, Marcus Bawden last ditch tackle went wrong. Red card and penalty. 3-2. 
Gutted. Felt sorry for Marcus as he’s been outstanding for me recently but no arguments. Deserved. 
We held on to the win, every one of my players played like a hero. And I can’t give them enough praise, love all of them. The complete opposite feeling to Titans at home a fortnight ago 😂😂😂

But we’ve made history for Gwinear and we’ve made the quarter finals against all odds. Got to give the boys credit when they deserve it and they certainly deserve it today. 

Mom Sam Charlton. Was everywhere. Could have give it to anyone but puppy deserved his pat on the back. Different class

Bring on the draw!!!!

1 hour ago, DRichards said:

Bond Timber Junior Cup

Gwin 3-2 North Petherwin

What a result for my boys and what a performance. 

Being the underdogs against the higher placed opposition I made it clear to the boys that they’ve got nothing to lose and to enjoy the occasion. 
We went 1-0 up from a Gavin Russell header from a long throw. From then we dominated and hit the bar from Charlie shears. Other missed chances let us down and was capitalized on when they were awarded a penalty against the run of play. 1-1. I was gutted and could see the boys were also. But give the boys their due they dug in and kept it going and grabbed it by the scruff. Resulted in skipper Russell scoring from a long range lob that nestled into top corner. Fantastic finish. 
H-T 2-1 
Team talk was pretty much; don’t take foot of gas. And carry on. We did that and James Franklin who made his debut made a quality run into penalty area and was bought down which resulted in penalty. Which was calmly slotted by top goal scorer Billy Foster. 3-1 and cruising. We were on top and had the possession and couldn’t see anything going wrong. 
How wrong I was, a miscued clearance led to their striker bursting through on goal, Marcus Bawden last ditch tackle went wrong. Red card and penalty. 3-2. 
Gutted. Felt sorry for Marcus as he’s been outstanding for me recently but no arguments. Deserved. 
We held on to the win, every one of my players played like a hero. And I can’t give them enough praise, love all of them. The complete opposite feeling to Titans at home a fortnight ago 😂😂😂

But we’ve made history for Gwinear and we’ve made the quarter finals against all odds. Got to give the boys credit when they deserve it and they certainly deserve it today. 

Mom Sam Charlton. Was everywhere. Could have give it to anyone but puppy deserved his pat on the back. Different class

Bring on the draw!!!!

Just want to add, cracking performance from the man in the middle Neil Stephens. Without doubt best ref we’ve had. Even though he gave them 2 penalties 😂

Need more refs like him. 

Going to be a interesting quarter final draw. 2 big names for east and west with the other 4 teams all showing they have the ability to win big games. I think the team to avoid is foxhole but if your going to win it you've gotta beat them at some point (unless you play for foxhole). Well done all and good luck in the next round.

15 hours ago, ChrisB said:

forgot to mention the ref. had him a few times over the last couple seasons and he's always been outstanding . makes the right calls and talks to players 

Now that iv had time to sulk and sulk I did it’s match report time exiles vs mousehole firstly the man in the middle Elliott green I believe absolutely fantastic reffing in such an important game was awesome and I’m sure it won’t be long b4 he reffs at a higher standard full time well done reff 10/10 from me..now the game and the old saying if you don’t take your chances you get punished and punished we were game should of been over in 90 minutes but we didn’t take them chances 1-1 in 90 minutes into extra time and again we missed chances and were punished by mousehole fair play to them they took theres we didn’t dom in goal was there mom and Jordan Taylor for us good luck mousehole in the next round and to all the west teams that are still in hope we can have an all west final and a quick thanks to everyone who supported both clubs approximately 100 crowd your a credit to both teams see you in two weeks for the league game Justin (manager of exiles ) ...

First thing I will say is wow! There are some really good teams left in this cup and I can’t wait for the next round already. 

I chose St Mawgan v Helston as my game to watch (after a tough decision not to watch the game at mawnan). 

It’s not the first time I’ve watched these sides this season, but both sides were up for this cup tie from the get go. Helston, who I have seen dominate games with this calmness and physicality couldn’t quite get into the game in the opening exchanges. St Mawgan, who were the better side throughout the game, had early chances and their attackers could have put them 2/3 goals up early on. Helston then battled and battled well, which led to a comical goal and gave them a 1-0 lead. St Mawgan reacted like all good teams should, without playing their fast flowing football, they managed to get the ball down and start playing crating promising moments. St Mawgan equaliser came from the best player on ththe pitch on the day, Morrison (who any junior team would be lucky to have) had levelled the tie at 1-1. Mawgan then spun the tie around when another player full of quality scored a goal worthy of putting Mawgan ahead (2-1) and this then gave Mawgan the lead at half time. 

After the break helston were going down the hill and they started the second half by putting st Mawgan under pressure, which was dealt with well by the back line. Helston showed good moments but struggled to get anything on the St Mawgan goal, a tale of the game for them unfortunately. The tie got heated with big tackles and a lot of heated arguments off the Ball, at this point I could see the tie slipping away from helston as St Mawgan just looked more composed and knew what was needed to win this tie. 

Right at the end, st Mawgans striker, who deserved a goal for a great display, scored a great goal and ended the tie. St Mawgan were the better side and even playing at half the ability I’ve seen them play this season, they were still too good for a good helston side. 

Everyone mentioning the likes of foxhole, mousehole and illogan as the teams to watch, I can tell you from my own experience this season, you won’t want to draw St Mawgan, a well drilled side that have the makeup to go all the way in this cup. 

Hurry up the next round! 

I chose to go and watch St. Mawgan vs Helston as well and I just agree with all that “no I in team” is saying about the game. Mawgan dominated throughout and Helston arguing amongst themselves was counter productive as you’d expect. Fantastic goal from the Mawgan no. 11 and I must mention the Helston keeper had a fine game keeping out some good strikes. It’s not often I come to the east to watch games but I was impressed with Mawgan. I think they’re good but obviously “no I in team” is shagging the manager with that glowing report. Hardly set the world on fire from what I saw. Foxhole or illogan team to beat for me although they are an aging sides with heavy players. 

I am not one to moan about referees, far from it, I’ve got refereeing qualifications and I like to talk up the best refs who deserve a mention. But, unfortunately I’m the st. Mawgan game I witnessed an awful display of refereeing, completely lacked control, The centre midfielder of Helston seemed an argumentative lad and was always in the referees face but was given chance after chance and finally was booked for a cynical challenge late on after some professional fouls throughout the game. The referee obviously wasn’t interested in talking to the players, just seemed like he was threatening them with sin bins etc. 50% of decisions were clearly wrong and actually as a spectator, I ended watching him more than the game! Very comical to see how wrong he could get it. But, please, read this in detail, the most unbelievable decision I’ve witnessed in years (and I’ve been around the grounds a while), the Mawgan no. 11 had broken through from the halfway line, clean in on goal with a defender behind him making up ground on the attackers right shoulder, so 11 shifts onto his left as he got into the area and just as he was about to pull the trigger, he was straight up pulled away from it by the defender on the wrong side. Anyone with half a brain reading this is thinking ‘goal, oh no, must be a penalty and a sending off’ stone wall decision in everyone’s mind. Nope not this Referee, honestly it was comical, he must have assumed that the attacker just didn’t want to shoot so ran away ! Baffling how a referee so poor at decision making manages to get those big games.

on a lighter note, whoever the referee was, please can someone find me his name, as I would like to go and watch him again! Made my day! I’d say he was biased but he seemed annoyed when any goal went in! 

1 hour ago, Big_Baller8 said:

I chose to go and watch St. Mawgan vs Helston as well and I just agree with all that “no I in team” is saying about the game. Mawgan dominated throughout and Helston arguing amongst themselves was counter productive as you’d expect. Fantastic goal from the Mawgan no. 11 and I must mention the Helston keeper had a fine game keeping out some good strikes. It’s not often I come to the east to watch games but I was impressed with Mawgan. I think they’re good but obviously “no I in team” is shagging the manager with that glowing report. Hardly set the world on fire from what I saw. Foxhole or illogan team to beat for me although they are an aging sides with heavy players. 

I am not one to moan about referees, far from it, I’ve got refereeing qualifications and I like to talk up the best refs who deserve a mention. But, unfortunately I’m the st. Mawgan game I witnessed an awful display of refereeing, completely lacked control, The centre midfielder of Helston seemed an argumentative lad and was always in the referees face but was given chance after chance and finally was booked for a cynical challenge late on after some professional fouls throughout the game. The referee obviously wasn’t interested in talking to the players, just seemed like he was threatening them with sin bins etc. 50% of decisions were clearly wrong and actually as a spectator, I ended watching him more than the game! Very comical to see how wrong he could get it. But, please, read this in detail, the most unbelievable decision I’ve witnessed in years (and I’ve been around the grounds a while), the Mawgan no. 11 had broken through from the halfway line, clean in on goal with a defender behind him making up ground on the attackers right shoulder, so 11 shifts onto his left as he got into the area and just as he was about to pull the trigger, he was straight up pulled away from it by the defender on the wrong side. Anyone with half a brain reading this is thinking ‘goal, oh no, must be a penalty and a sending off’ stone wall decision in everyone’s mind. Nope not this Referee, honestly it was comical, he must have assumed that the attacker just didn’t want to shoot so ran away ! Baffling how a referee so poor at decision making manages to get those big games.

on a lighter note, whoever the referee was, please can someone find me his name, as I would like to go and watch him again! Made my day! I’d say he was biased but he seemed annoyed when any goal went in! 

I didn’t want to talk about the referee, he was very very poor and he is capable of ruining big games, as he tried yesterday. He wasn’t on either side yesterday, he wanted all the attention and that’s why I refuse to go any further with my comments - I’m not giving him the attention he craves. 

Very good point, the goalkeeper for helston made some great saves to even keep this a close cup tie. 

I dont know the young manager at St Mawgan. I’ve watched them play a few times and I can say they’re a real force, they played at a 5 or 6 out of 10 and still looked dominant against a trelawny prem side. 

I think the cup is going east! 

On 11/01/2019 at 15:22, Dave Deacon said:

BOND TIMBER CORNWALL JUNIOR CUP, 4th Round (2.00pm)
Frogpool/Cusgarne 2-1 Veryan 
Gwinear Churchtown 3-2 North Petherwin 
Lostwithiel 1-0 Ludgvan Res 
Mawnan 1-6 Foxhole Stars 
Penwith Exiles 1-3 Mousehole Res (aet) 
Polperro Res 4-0 Pensilva
St Mawgan 3-1 Helston Athletic Res 
West Cornwall 1-2 Illogan RBL Res

Isn’t it Helston 3 rds ?

What a shame mawnan didnt open there bar up...could of made a killing??.  Big buss load from foxhole..

Foxhole looking like favourites after that result.. mousehole with a very good win also ..

I won't rule illogan out tho.. 😁😁

Someone must  no when the draw is?

16 minutes ago, S Abbo said:

What a shame mawnan didnt open there bar up...could of made a killing??.  Big buss load from foxhole..

Foxhole looking like favourites after that result.. mousehole with a very good win also ..

I won't rule illogan out tho.. 😁😁

Someone must  no when the draw is?

After playing illogan and mousehole over the last two weeks and losing to both if they got drawn together it would be a hard one to call and if I had to stick my head on a block I’d say illogan but only just...