Cornwall Football Forum

STOCKPORT COUNTY v TRURO CITY

40 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

Well it's a 6am start in the moaning for the City supporters with a breakfast stop at Cribbs arriving at Stockport approx 12.30 in time for a few beers before the game. Seems to be more fans going up for this game than would be at Torquay games, I wonder why. :c::drink:

Cheaper entry at £10 ???

24 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

With Helston having no game because of the County Youth players on duty-I bet Steve Massey (former Truro player & manager) will be back to his roots and former club.(Stockport)

Yes Mike I did hear on Tuesday night that he will be going up, Steve is always good for an intelligent chat about football. :c:

Well thats another ground

39 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Not a good day out for you then Rayvon. Seems the lad Warburton used his loaf to slice through your boys and made toast of the defence .But then I suppose that's his bread and butter ! 😁👍

Bet you were your Mothers Pride when you were young Nige and after the crumpet when you got Older. :thumbsup:

Well thats another ground ticked of my bucket list and what a day it was. You knew it was not going to be your day when you look at the team sheet and you see you have a 16 year old in goal and a 47 year old on the bench, perhaps we should have borrowed a couple of players from Sticker who seem to be a team on the up. Anyway back to the game County were clinical in every department and sometimes you have to come away from a game and say yes we were well beaten by a better side on the day. I thought Plainmoor was a lovely ground but Edgely Park easily having the edge (spot the pun there) The home supporters were among the most friiendy bunch I have ever come across, we went to a couple of pubs close to the ground The Armoury and Ye Olde Vic, the main topic of conversation was of course Steve Massey who is still a cult hero in these parts. They even had a centre spread in the match day programme with a rare photograph of Steve playing only his fourth game for County against Reading March 31st 1975 three days after his 17th birthday, he used to play on the wing for County but still scored 24 goals in 117 league appearances for the club. It was still an enjoyable journey home despite the defeat. With a stop at Hevitree on the way back for a couple of pints and a curry we arrived back in Truro at 1am. Many thanks to Jeff who drove the mini bus up and back and still had to travel back to Penzance after dropping the Truro boys off. :c: Flying the flag for Cornwall.

1 hour ago, Rayvon said:

Bet you were your Mothers Pride when you were young Nige and after the crumpet when you got Older. :thumbsup:

Well thats another ground ticked of my bucket list and what a day it was. You knew it was not going to be your day when you look at the team sheet and you see you have a 16 year old in goal and a 47 year old on the bench, perhaps we should have borrowed a couple of players from Sticker who seem to be a team on the up. Anyway back to the game County were clinical in every department and sometimes you have to come away from a game and say yes we were well beaten by a better side on the day. I thought Plainmoor was a lovely ground but Edgely Park easily having the edge (spot the pun there) The home supporters were among the most friiendy bunch I have ever come across, we went to a couple of pubs close to the ground The Armoury and Ye Olde Vic, the main topic of conversation was of course Steve Massey who is still a cult hero in these parts. They even had a centre spread in the match day programme with a rare photograph of Steve playing only his fourth game for County against Reading March 31st 1975 three days after his 17th birthday, he used to play on the wing for County but still scored 24 goals in 117 league appearances for the club. It was still an enjoyable journey home despite the defeat. With a stop at Hevitree on the way back for a couple of pints and a curry we arrived back in Truro at 1am. Many thanks to Jeff who drove the mini bus up and back and still had to travel back to Penzance after dropping the Truro boys off. :c: Flying the flag for Cornwall.

Well done from me 😉

2 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Top effort,lads.

9 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Support, there was only 30 of them!! Surely the players families celebrating their big day out made up most of that in the away end? 😂😂

Same amount as you get for a home game then Leeds and did you know Truro City are playing back at Treyew Road for the rest of the season despite your prediction. :yahoo:

35 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Want a big Stadium & only take 30 to their second biggest game in their history! Oh nice Ray, that does really show where Cornwall's main club is at 🙊

At least they tried, did not stay stuck in fish and chips football winning a polystyrene tray year after year.

You lose your support when you do that ...haven't noticed (?)

34 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Want a big Stadium & only take 30 to their second biggest game in their history! Oh nice Ray, that does really show where Cornwall's main club is at 🙊

How do you make that the second biggest game in the clubs history Leeds and how many supporters would you expect us to take in the middle of January on a 680 mile round trip just three weeks after Christmas, do you think we're all millionaires down in Truro. Incidentally where did you arrive at the figure of 30, you can't even get that right. 

On 13/01/2019 at 11:46, Rayvon said:

I was quite nimble in my younger days !  😁👍

2 hours ago, mattelot said:

I was quite nimble in my younger days !  😁👍

I feel a song coming on Nige, if you remember Nimble you must have had a girlfriend called Maggi. I remember it well 1968 Honeybus "I can't let Maggi go". Obviously you did and saved yourself a lot of money.  No it was definitely 68 not

Those were the days Mike don't remember the game as I had better things to do on a Sunday afternoon, that being said I did see a pre season friendly between Truro and Arsenal ladies who had some England international's in the side, BIG crowd as well around 1200 if I remember correctly. Mr Heaney was rubbing his hands all the way to the bank.❣️:thumbsup: