Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
cornishteddyboy

LWC Drinks Combination League Results and Tables - Saturday 12th January 2019

Recommended Posts

Difficult for whoever comes in at Carharrack with only 1 side now as no reserve players to call on and clearly the current combo side not good enough to compete at the level they are at - good luck to whoever takes over but the question would be where are they going to lure the players in from to improve the side as nobody is going to want to go there mid season and get tanked every week or have they got hold of that bloke from Chitty Chitty bang bang with the funny hat and horse with a dodgy cart with bars down the side to do their ‘scouting’ 

well done to Brian Fisher for sticking it out as long as he did but I would be surprised if Carharrack were not lining up for the Trelawny Prem next year or worse the way it seems to be going.....I sincerely hope they prove me wrong as some good people behind the scenes down there but sadly you cannot lose an entire side with a reserve side that had a 4 division gap and expect everything to be alright

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to thank Richard Chown and the committee at Carharrack for supporting me over the past 6 months.

My decision to step down was not an easy one.

I am in the middle of a major rebuild of my house (which wont be finished until May) and I was finding it more and more difficult to find the time to chase players, find players and to put a side out each week with the availability we had (Last Friday we only had 6 players for the game at Culdrose and players had to find friends and university mates to fill the gaps to make 11). Not an uncommon situation I had to deal with week in and week out.

I therefore felt that the club needed someone with more time on their hands to try and rebuild Carharrack and chase players availability.

I had spoken to the Chairman during last week about my intentions and he is now in the process of pulling a new management team together.

I wish the new manager and all the players good luck and hope that someone with more time will be able to keep Carharrack afloat and rebuild for next season. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Fish said:

I would like to thank Richard Chown and the committee at Carharrack for supporting me over the past 6 months.

My decision to step down was not an easy one.

I am in the middle of a major rebuild of my house (which wont be finished until May) and I was finding it more and more difficult to find the time to chase players, find players and to put a side out each week with the availability we had (Last Friday we only had 6 players for the game at Culdrose and players had to find friends and university mates to fill the gaps to make 11). Not an uncommon situation I had to deal with week in and week out.

I therefore felt that the club needed someone with more time on their hands to try and rebuild Carharrack and chase players availability.

I had spoken to the Chairman during last week about my intentions and he is now in the process of pulling a new management team together.

I wish the new manager and all the players good luck and hope that someone with more time will be able to keep Carharrack afloat and rebuild for next season. 👍

Well done Brian 🍺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, cornishlegend said:

Won't make things difficult  if anything we have players coming returning now and with hard working people behind the scene there are plenty of positives this morning. Things are looking good and players availbitiy looking good next week v perranporth. 

Are player's now making themselves available because Brian has left?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Alf said:

Are player's now making themselves available because Brian has left?

I don't know the reason but rich has worked hard all weekend to speak with everyone and bring in new players. We have top scorer from last reason returning I'm led to believe.  Along with a few others that didn't go and play for penryn. Between rich and Mark woolcock they are going to run the side with the aim to get us to the end if the season. We have lost Tom fisher who has gone to St Agnes. With the reinforcements coming in this week and others available we should have a stronger 16 squad for Saturday home game to perran. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cornishlegend said:

I don't know the reason but rich has worked hard all weekend to speak with everyone and bring in new players. We have top scorer from last reason returning I'm led to believe.  Along with a few others that didn't go and play for penryn. Between rich and Mark woolcock they are going to run the side with the aim to get us to the end if the season. We have lost Tom fisher who has gone to St Agnes. With the reinforcements coming in this week and others available we should have a stronger 16 squad for Saturday home game to perran. 

Ryan Stephens coming out of early retirement to play. Didn't the others go to Threemilestone? Can only see them playing when they haven't got a game. I still don't understand that these two people who were already at the club couldn't do this when Brian was there to help him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Alf said:

Ryan Stephens coming out of early retirement to play. Didn't the others go to Threemilestone? Can only see them playing when they haven't got a game. I still don't understand that these two people who were already at the club couldn't do this when Brian was there to help him.

Don't you worry we will give st day a better game next time round 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Alf said:

Ryan Stephens coming out of early retirement to play. Didn't the others go to Threemilestone? Can only see them playing when they haven't got a game. I still don't understand that these two people who were already at the club couldn't do this when Brian was there to help him.

Ryan's boots are well and truly hung up he wont be playing for carharrack or anyone. He prefers that "sport" they call golf nowadays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, AJ715 said:

Ryan's boots are well and truly hung up he wont be playing for carharrack or anyone. He prefers that "sport" they call golf nowadays

Cornishlegend telling porkies then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, cornishlegend said:

I wasn't here last season I don't know who it was. That's why I didn't name anyone. Mr Williams is fishing ☺

Lol, Not 🎣 Just stating who it was and as someone else has stated that he won't be playing this season so your comment was incorrect.😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully the junior player's from one particular side that will become available to play for carharrack when there season finishes early don't all jump ship next year like previous years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×