Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results and Tables - Saturday 12th January 2019

33 minutes ago, Fish said:

I would like to thank Richard Chown and the committee at Carharrack for supporting me over the past 6 months.

My decision to step down was not an easy one.

I am in the middle of a major rebuild of my house (which wont be finished until May) and I was finding it more and more difficult to find the time to chase players, find players and to put a side out each week with the availability we had (Last Friday we only had 6 players for the game at Culdrose and players had to find friends and university mates to fill the gaps to make 11). Not an uncommon situation I had to deal with week in and week out.

I therefore felt that the club needed someone with more time on their hands to try and rebuild Carharrack and chase players availability.

I had spoken to the Chairman during last week about my intentions and he is now in the process of pulling a new management team together.

I wish the new manager and all the players good luck and hope that someone with more time will be able to keep Carharrack afloat and rebuild for next season. 👍

Well done Brian 🍺

10 hours ago, cornishlegend said:

Won't make things difficult  if anything we have players coming returning now and with hard working people behind the scene there are plenty of positives this morning. Things are looking good and players availbitiy looking good next week v perranporth. 

Are player's now making themselves available because Brian has left?

9 hours ago, Alf said:

Are player's now making themselves available because Brian has left?

I don't know the reason but rich has worked hard all weekend to speak with everyone and bring in new players. We have top scorer from last reason returning I'm led to believe.  Along with a few others that didn't go and play for penryn. Between rich and Mark woolcock they are going to run the side with the aim to get us to the end if the season. We have lost Tom fisher who has gone to St Agnes. With the reinforcements coming in this week and others available we should have a stronger 16 squad for Saturday home game to perran. 

4 hours ago, cornishlegend said:

I don't know the reason but rich has worked hard all weekend to speak with everyone and bring in new players. We have top scorer from last reason returning I'm led to believe.  Along with a few others that didn't go and play for penryn. Between rich and Mark woolcock they are going to run the side with the aim to get us to the end if the season. We have lost Tom fisher who has gone to St Agnes. With the reinforcements coming in this week and others available we should have a stronger 16 squad for Saturday home game to perran. 

Ryan Stephens coming out of early retirement to play. Didn't the others go to Threemilestone? Can only see them playing when they haven't got a game. I still don't understand that these two people who were already at the club couldn't do this when Brian was there to help him.

7 hours ago, Alf said:

Ryan Stephens coming out of early retirement to play. Didn't the others go to Threemilestone? Can only see them playing when they haven't got a game. I still don't understand that these two people who were already at the club couldn't do this when Brian was there to help him.

Don't you worry we will give st day a better game next time round 😉

8 hours ago, Alf said:

Ryan's boots are well and truly hung up he wont be playing for carharrack or anyone. He prefers that "sport" they call golf nowadays