Cornwall Football Forum

NLS - Tuesday Jan 8th 2019 - Truro at Treyew

31 minutes ago, superdario said:

Cracking entertainment, good result.  Impressed with the team and the willingness to get it down and play football. Should be a decent second half to the season if they keep performing like that.

Not so sure first half was that impressive from either side, however Truro showed character to come from behind and stay in there til the end and got duly rewarded.

Popped over to watch this, not a bad game in all.

Truro better in the first half, St Albans better in the second half, never a penalty, hit the fella in the chest but the referee from where he was gave the penalty.

The pitch had a big say in how the game went, awfully bobbly with 20% of passes being mis-hit, grass too short, and the pitch needing a good slitting to start drying it out, and perhaps a light rolling the day before the game.

£10 for an OAP phew!! won't be rushing to watch Truro again in a hurry, was it my eyes or is the lighting dim (?)

One thing that impressed me though, saw who I believe was P Masters, when the winning goal went in he took off like a banshee around the crowd, back slapping all and jumping up and down like a firecracker!!!!

If that was the fella, then he has gone up a million miles in my estimation, showed a true passion for his club ...I like it - well done from me.

Agree Dave, 1st half was looking like the game was heading towards a bore draw though never thought St Albans looked any better than us despite their much higher league position. Second half was more like last season when we took the game to them and played some decent stuff on the ground. Glad we got the winner and the three points as great shot hitting the bar and goal line clearance would have left me feeling a bit seen off otherwise, the lads deserved their three points I felt.

Nice to catch up with old friends and boosted by couple of extra family members so hope all enjoyed it, I did. Just wonder when we will meet again as after the match the announcer said “see you at the next home game” but didn’t say where that would be?  Surely the league will not allow one game here and one game there?

From a reliable source the decree nisi should be finalised by Friday, sorry Leeds you are wrong again but keep up the good work supporting the fish and chip leagues. :yahoo:Sorry I missed you Older would have bought you a pint, were you tucked away with the away supporters. :drink:

13 minutes ago, prazeyrunner said:

Agree Dave, 1st half was looking like the game was heading towards a bore draw though never thought St Albans looked any better than us despite their much higher league position. Second half was more like last season when we took the game to them and played some decent stuff on the ground. Glad we got the winner and the three points as great shot hitting the bar and goal line clearance would have left me feeling a bit seen off otherwise, the lads deserved their three points I felt.

Nice to catch up with old friends and boosted by couple of extra family members so hope all enjoyed it, I did. Just wonder when we will meet again as after the match the announcer said “see you at the next home game” but didn’t say where that would be?  Surely the league will not allow one game here and one game there?

You need to get back to Treyew as the crowd was disappointing I thought.

A few supporters have gone to pastures new it looks like, and it's a major job to get them back.

1 minute ago, Rayvon said:

From a reliable source the decree nisi should be finalised by Friday, sorry Leeds you are wrong again but keep up the good work supporting the fish and chip leagues. :yahoo:Sorry I missed you Older would have bought you a pint, were you tucked away with the away supporters. :drink:

Standing in the corner all by myself ....billy no mates.

7 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

£10 for an OAP phew!! won't be rushing to watch Truro again in a hurry, was it my eyes or is the lighting dim (?)

When you consider that fish and chips in Truro cost about £7.50, which I scoff down in less than 10 minutes, I think that the price for 90 minutes entertainment Older is reasonable.