Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League - Saturday 5th January 2019

2 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

As above, the Penwith players have stated that the person being described above is not the Penwith Manager, Justin. Let's not make accusations about people in certain positions unless you're 100% sure of who you're talking about. I'm sure the actual Penwith manager will be a bit annoyed to see his name/position being dragged through the mud if this wasn't him that you refer to.

Penwith Exiles are a hard hitting, no holding back team. They always have been. You know what you're going to get with them but over recent seasons, they have calmed down massively.

They are at the top of the discipline table unfortunately which is a concern for us as a league to a certain extent however so long as they pay their fines to the FA and serve their bans, it's not really a case of the League getting involved unless the CFA advise us to for whatever reason. 

I would go as far to say Penwith Exiles are one of the best clubs in the league for administration which is important to note.

When we talk about conduct, it is down to the referee to take charge of the game and those in the technical areas. If he/she hears the commotion coming from a bench, then they have the tools to deal with it and I would expect them to do just that.

I personally haven't heard anything on an official level regarding the behaviour of Penwith Exiles.

I would encourage anyone with views or opinions on this sort of thing to contact the league or County as opposed to a football forum, particularly when Exiles get enough grief as it is which is often put down to their past conduct.

I've had my fair share of personal issues with Exiles which spans back to our battles in Division 5 and division 4 a few seasons ago as a player. Since then, I have taken charge of three or four games and the club and it's players have acted to the standard I'd expect. There was one occasion last season after a rather tasty Junior Cup quarter final game where a Penwith representative embarrassed the club with his conduct towards a match official. He was given a lengthy suspension and the football club removed him from position I believe. I'm not sure if this is the person you are referring to, if it is, he's not the manager.

The league have a means of reporting such conduct using Full Time and by emailing the League Secretary.

Can't we all just get along and play nicely on a Saturday? 

Great report on the Penwith exiles Dave. Like I said, great players on the pitch and conducted themselves well. Just the odd someone on the side who let the team down. However, like you have said the exiles have been brilliant on behind the scenes aspects which needs to be applauded as some clubs tend to not be so up to date within this area of the day to day running of a club. 

Would just like to thank you for all you do for Cornish football, whether that’s reffing, playing or sorting the Trelawney side of things. A true icon to the south west game. 

7 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

😂😂just had a little recording going on Ralph as things were getting out of hand & I was not involved 😳how the hell did that happen I must be getting old😂😂

I'm going to have to report this profile to @Dave Deacon , someone's hacked MARKSYS account.... 😯 

Or was you hiding behind Browner? 🙄

Gwin 7-3 Redruth
Needed a response after last weeks display and I got it for about 60% of the game where we dominated and played good footy. Still room for improvement. 
Some good goals and performances.
Goals from Marcus Bawden, Bijan Akbari, Billy Foster with 2 and captain fantastic Gavin Russell with a hat trick. 
Much happier this week. 
Move onto junior cup action next week. 2PM kick off. With a decent performance we could get into the quarter finals of the junior cup which is a great achievement. 
Mom Gavin Russell
**** of day Gavin Russell 😂

2 hours ago, GreenTeddy said:

Great report on the Penwith exiles Dave. Like I said, great players on the pitch and conducted themselves well. Just the odd someone on the side who let the team down. However, like you have said the exiles have been brilliant on behind the scenes aspects which needs to be applauded as some clubs tend to not be so up to date within this area of the day to day running of a club. 

Would just like to thank you for all you do for Cornish football, whether that’s reffing, playing or sorting the Trelawney side of things. A true icon to the south west game.  

I know who the posts are referring to now after seeing the photo; same guy that got the suspension for the club last season following that junior cup game I mentioned. On that day and this is the first time I've said it in public - I feel that he was justified in his opinion but the way he voiced said opinion was completely unnecessary. I won't mention his name as there's absolutely no benefit to it.

I have spoken to the Penwith Manager and just reiterated the fact that his club have to be seen to deal with this individual (or any individual(s) for that matter) if he is beginning to get a bit over zealous on the sidelines. Obviously we want all our players, match officials, team officials and spectators alike to enjoy football but we also want people to feel comfortable whilst at the game without the added rubbish that could come with it. Being screamed and shouted at, insulted and/or abused is not why we all give up our time for local football. Justin and Neil (who are good as gold) I'm sure will look at these posts, along with the likes of Dan etc who have commented above and will have a few words with the individual and just remind those who need reminding that these sort of things need to be curbed. It's not nice seeing your club slated on social media because unfortunately, negative posts seem to have a way of inflicting opinions on people. Penwith are trying hard to bring up their reputation which has been tarnished in the past.

For those of you that do witness anything un-towards at a game, report it as necessary through the appropriate channels.

Thank you for the kind words; I love grassroots football and helping people where I can, hence why I've got so involved down here. Messages of appreciation often remind me of why I spend so much of my spare time with my head in various projects.

I watched the penryn Vs Penwith cup game last season and the bloke with the cap was the same, threatening everyone in sight, i also played against Penwith last season and the same man threatened me. As stated in this post several times Penwith have been fantastic these last 5 years on the pitch so it is a shame when one man can make a tit of himself so many times and drag the club down with him 

5 hours ago, Mr Loverman said:

Thank you for that Dave, hopefully this will clear a few things up for the people looking on. 

Maybe Penwith as a club will need to look at this issue with a spectator or assistant? 

Oh no. 

@GreenTeddy is this also the same chap being discussed at the game you watched at Illogan RBL?

Would be a real shame if this is true.

Does anybody know of the chap pictured above or know of him perhaps? (Is he associated with Penwith?)

Lets not let this however escape the fact of from what I've read results wise that penwith are a team on the up and have lots of potential also. I wish them all the best. 

I’m not sure of the blokes name but he’s been involved on the sidelines with Exiles for as long as I’ve come across the club (at least since their season in Div 2) he’s always been the same aggressive idiot as long as I’ve know too. 

On 08/01/2019 at 15:51, MARKSY said:

Justin as far as I’m aware is the grey haired chap & was fine all game at Holmans it was this bloody idiot stood beside him all game.

He also threatened our players, management and also our linesman’s wife who was shocked with his comments. (Which I won’t repeat).

72420C52-9740-4B35-9D70-573CC3680B38.png

This thread has just proper brightened up my day. Literally in stitches. And I reckon he'll be chuffed with being aged at 40!!!

On 08/01/2019 at 15:51, MARKSY said:

Justin as far as I’m aware is the grey haired chap & was fine all game at Holmans it was this bloody idiot stood beside him all game.

He also threatened our players, management and also our linesman’s wife who was shocked with his comments. (Which I won’t repeat).

72420C52-9740-4B35-9D70-573CC3680B38.png

I remember this chap with the cap last season. Great banter, he has a way with words for sure.