Cornwall Football Forum

CSC Falmouth Town v Polperro 3pm

Not quite Mike,more than held our own for 35 min and Falmouth indebted to an unbelievable save from Barnes to keep out Matt Barton’s goalbound header. A good goal from Marcello Jones denied us what looked like a half time clean sheet, before two sloppy goals either side of the break gave Falmouth the win their quality deserved. Our lads will have learned a lot from today gave a good account of themselves against a side 2 leagues higher. Thanks to Falmouth for their hospitality from players, management and supporters alike, a good day out at a top club. Good luck to Falmouth in the next round 

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Not quite Mike,more than held our own for 35 min and Falmouth indebted to an unbelievable save from Barnes to keep out Matt Barton’s goalbound header. A good goal from Marcello Jones denied us what looked like a half time clean sheet, before two sloppy goals either side of the break gave Falmouth the win their quality deserved. Our lads will have learned a lot from today gave a good account of themselves against a side 2 leagues higher. Thanks to Falmouth for their hospitality from players, management and supporters alike, a good day out at a top club. Good luck to Falmouth in the next round 

Sorry I couldn't meet you after Matt-Too cold and had to get the car heater on.

Although conceding possession I thought the Polperro boys kept their shape and were not overwhelmed defensively and as you say the best chance during the first forty minutes was the Barton header which had goal written all over it.

A very creditable performance from Polperro and good wishes for your ambitions of being in the New Cornish set up next season which I understand your facilities at Killigarth meet the grading standards.

Did you listen to Andrew Westgarth's praise for your players, performance and conduct on Radio Cornwall ?

9 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Sorry I couldn't meet you after Matt-Too cold and had to get the car heater on.

Although conceding possession I thought the Polperro boys kept their shape and were not overwhelmed defensively and as you say the best chance during the first forty minutes was the Barton header which had goal written all over it.

A very creditable performance from Polperro and good wishes for your ambitions of being in the New Cornish set up next season which I understand your facilities at Killigarth meet the grading standards.

Did you listen to Andrew Westgarth's praise for your players, performance and conduct on Radio Cornwall ?

I didn’t, I missed it but thank you.