Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rayvon

TRURO CITY BACK AT TREYEW ROAD

Recommended Posts

Next Tuesdays game against St Albans City will be played at Treyew Road as will the cup replay against Stockport County should it be necessary. Arrive early to avoid the rush. :c:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I might pop over to see this one!

Unless there are any better comedies / farces on the box of course. 

There's a repeat of Peyton Place on that night Older I'm sure you wouldn't want to miss that. :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strange statement by the Club.

Returning for St Albans,and possible cup replay.

Nothing about returning for the rest of the season.

Surely the League will not allow TCFC, to wonder to and fro from Torquay.

Will also be very interesting to see the team that plays and what players are available,and will all the management team turn up.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Next Tuesdays game against St Albans City will be played at Treyew Road as will the cup replay against Stockport County should it be necessary. Arrive early to avoid the rush. :c:

Yep I'll  be watching the city ray !

Holby city that is .😁😂🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully Tuesday night will see the unveiling of forward Alex Battle making his home debut. Alex who is on loan from Plymouth Argyle till the end of the season. Alex has come through the ranks at Argyle and signed a professional contract during the summer but needs match time to further his career. So let the battle commence, anyone who misses the first 45minutes can at least say they watched half the battle. :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mattelot said:

Yep I'll  be watching the city ray !

Holby city that is .😁😂🤣

Good one Nige but I think you would be better off watching The Wizard of Oz. Perhaps you could persuade Big Al to travel up to see the Wizard to see if he could bring you back home a goalscorer. There's no place like home There's no place like home. 😁🤩🙃

4 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Strange statement by the Club.

Returning for St Albans,and possible cup replay.

Nothing about returning for the rest of the season.

Surely the League will not allow TCFC, to wonder to and fro from Torquay.

Will also be very interesting to see the team that plays and what players are available,and will all the management team turn up.?

I suggest you ask Leeds Dave he knows all the information from the FA regarding coming and going. :c:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Good one Nige but I think you would be better off watching The Wizard of Oz. Perhaps you could persuade Big Al to travel up to see the Wizard to see if he could bring you back home a goalscorer. There's no place like home There's no place like home. 😁🤩🙃

I suggest you ask Leeds Dave he knows all the information from the FA regarding coming and going. :c:

Hey! that’s a good idea, they certainly want a goal scorer, although if they win by 3 or more goals this afternoon, the faithful minority will be saying that everything is ok and they will win the league!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/01/2019 at 11:02, Rayvon said:

Next Tuesdays game against St Albans City will be played at Treyew Road as will the cup replay against Stockport County should it be necessary. Arrive early to avoid the rush. :c:

They should be back at Treyew Road permanently - or, at the very least playing at a ground in Cornwall ! The very idea of Truro City playing their  home games in Devon is frankly insulting, both to Truro City FC and Cornishmen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grounds in Cornwall are not up to the required standard, as already mentioned and as for playing in Devon, you need to look at the way the club has been run over the last few seasons. On the positive side, at least Truro FC are fulfilling their fixtures. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/01/2019 at 13:24, stevieb said:

What price are tickets please ? 

Don't know what the delay is regarding ticket prices, very poor PR but according to my source of information it will be Adults 12 pounds Cocessions 8 Students 5 Under 16's free if accompanied by an adult. Any different and I will let everyone know. As Mike has mentioned St. Albans not very happy about the extra one and a half hour journey down but hey ho Truro supporters have to do it every game. Could this be an advantage to the home side?

An 8 goal thriller at Welling yesterday unfortunately they scored two more than us. Truro's goals came from Harvey 2 which puts another couple of grand on his value (Devon pasty please note) and Hurst. Bring on the Saints. :c:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/01/2019 at 11:31, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I might pop over to see this one!

Unless there are any better comedies / farces on the box of course. 

Spurs v Chelsea could be a good laugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Im sure Pete Masters will do a welcome home special.

Bargain at £15:00.:yahoo:

Think you could be right Dave and a Happy New Year to everybody. A nice little trip up to Stockport at the weekend as well, not cheap supporting Truro City these days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Im sure Pete Masters will do a welcome home special.

Bargain at £15:00.:yahoo:

Think I will give it a miss then , was serious  about watching   as well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/01/2019 at 09:48, hedgerow said:

Grounds in Cornwall are not up to the required standard, as already mentioned and as for playing in Devon, you need to look at the way the club has been run over the last few seasons. On the positive side, at least Truro FC are fulfilling their fixtures. 

Then the answer is to get one of the bigger grounds up to standard. Truro is the city of Cornwall and Truro FC should be playing at a top ground. I suppose the trouble is that the City Council aren't interested in football - end of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Then the answer is to get one of the bigger grounds up to standard. Truro is the city of Cornwall and Truro FC should be playing at a top ground. I suppose the trouble is that the City Council aren't interested in football - end of.

How much do you think it would cost to bring a ground up to standard then Keith?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rayvon said:

How much do you think it would cost to bring a ground up to standard then Keith?

As hedgerow said - a fair bit of money. However my point really is regarding Truro City Council and Cornwall Council. It would seem to me that there is no interest or desire to see that football in the County has a right and proper platform from which to show off the football qualities of the County. Truro City surely should have a decent quality ground - a ground that is financially supported by both the City and the County but my feeling is, that there is no support for such a facility from those bodies - and I think that is sad. Surely grants should be available to provide quality facilities and to promote football, as well as other sports in the County.

There's been talk of course of a stadium for Cornwall, but football should have first claim on use due to the length of the football season. Therefore, Truro City FC should have a quality stadium, grant aided, expressly for their use - in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grants are available, but this must be matched by the club, give or take a percentage. But agree the council should contribute. But you also have to ask what happened to the money that had been generated from the Vase runs etc from previous seasons. 

Cornwall is well known as a Rugby County, which is more popular. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rayvon said:

How much do you think it would cost to bring a ground up to standard then Keith?

Cheap as child I would think secret as ANY football ground in Cornwall is concerned.

just turn the park benches around to face  the pitch & provide  a couple of brollies & voila, covered seating, see, it's easy peasy.

As for providing floodlights, 

With those out of commission miners helmets , just issue the fans with one each for evening kick offs & just ask them politely to face the pitch & don't move around a lot ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hedgerow said:

Grants are available, but this must be matched by the club, give or take a percentage. But agree the council should contribute. But you also have to ask what happened to the money that had been generated from the Vase runs etc from previous seasons. 

Cornwall is well known as a Rugby County, which is more popular. 

Right again hedgerow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

The council can not afford to look after their own pitches, so it would be hypocritical of them to splash money on one club or even stadium for cornwall

Is it that they cannot afford to look after their own pitches Pat or, are their priorities elsewhere ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...