Cornwall Football Forum

TRURO CITY BACK AT TREYEW ROAD

Strange statement by the Club.

Returning for St Albans,and possible cup replay.

Nothing about returning for the rest of the season.

Surely the League will not allow TCFC, to wonder to and fro from Torquay.

Will also be very interesting to see the team that plays and what players are available,and will all the management team turn up.?

Hopefully Tuesday night will see the unveiling of forward Alex Battle making his home debut. Alex who is on loan from Plymouth Argyle till the end of the season. Alex has come through the ranks at Argyle and signed a professional contract during the summer but needs match time to further his career. So let the battle commence, anyone who misses the first 45minutes can at least say they watched half the battle. :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, mattelot said:

Yep I'll  be watching the city ray !

Holby city that is .😁😂🤣

Good one Nige but I think you would be better off watching The Wizard of Oz. Perhaps you could persuade Big Al to travel up to see the Wizard to see if he could bring you back home a goalscorer. There's no place like home There's no place like home. 😁🤩🙃

4 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Strange statement by the Club.

Returning for St Albans,and possible cup replay.

Nothing about returning for the rest of the season.

Surely the League will not allow TCFC, to wonder to and fro from Torquay.

Will also be very interesting to see the team that plays and what players are available,and will all the management team turn up.?

I suggest you ask Leeds Dave he knows all the information from the FA regarding coming and going. :c:

11 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Good one Nige but I think you would be better off watching The Wizard of Oz. Perhaps you could persuade Big Al to travel up to see the Wizard to see if he could bring you back home a goalscorer. There's no place like home There's no place like home. 😁🤩🙃

I suggest you ask Leeds Dave he knows all the information from the FA regarding coming and going. :c:

Hey! that’s a good idea, they certainly want a goal scorer, although if they win by 3 or more goals this afternoon, the faithful minority will be saying that everything is ok and they will win the league!

On 04/01/2019 at 13:24, stevieb said:

What price are tickets please ? 

Don't know what the delay is regarding ticket prices, very poor PR but according to my source of information it will be Adults 12 pounds Cocessions 8 Students 5 Under 16's free if accompanied by an adult. Any different and I will let everyone know. As Mike has mentioned St. Albans not very happy about the extra one and a half hour journey down but hey ho Truro supporters have to do it every game. Could this be an advantage to the home side?

An 8 goal thriller at Welling yesterday unfortunately they scored two more than us. Truro's goals came from Harvey 2 which puts another couple of grand on his value (Devon pasty please note) and Hurst. Bring on the Saints. :c:

20 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Im sure Pete Masters will do a welcome home special.

Bargain at £15:00.:yahoo:

Think you could be right Dave and a Happy New Year to everybody. A nice little trip up to Stockport at the weekend as well, not cheap supporting Truro City these days. 

52 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Then the answer is to get one of the bigger grounds up to standard. Truro is the city of Cornwall and Truro FC should be playing at a top ground. I suppose the trouble is that the City Council aren't interested in football - end of.

How much do you think it would cost to bring a ground up to standard then Keith?

Grants are available, but this must be matched by the club, give or take a percentage. But agree the council should contribute. But you also have to ask what happened to the money that had been generated from the Vase runs etc from previous seasons. 

Cornwall is well known as a Rugby County, which is more popular. 

3 hours ago, Rayvon said:

How much do you think it would cost to bring a ground up to standard then Keith?

Cheap as child I would think secret as ANY football ground in Cornwall is concerned.

just turn the park benches around to face  the pitch & provide  a couple of brollies & voila, covered seating, see, it's easy peasy.

As for providing floodlights, 

With those out of commission miners helmets , just issue the fans with one each for evening kick offs & just ask them politely to face the pitch & don't move around a lot !