Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results - Saturday 5th January 2019

This weekend's results.
Saturday 5th January 2019 
Helston Athletic Reserves (Jamie Thomson, Fraser Paterson) 2-0 Falmouth Town Reserves 
Att - 75
Lizard Argyle (Aaron Orchard, Tristan Hawkings) 2-0 Hayle 
Att - 35
Mullion (Chris Blee) 1-4 Perranporth (Luke Wort 2, Justin Searle, Jakob Springall) 
Att - 44
Pendeen Rovers (Silas Sullivan, Alex Ralph, Justin Nicholls, Sean Sweeny) 4-2 Porthleven Reserves (Jack Duckworth, Jamie Greet) 
Att - 35
Redruth United (Dan Horler, Simon James) 2-2 St Agnes (Ed Wilton, Logan Taylor) 
Att - 45
St Ives Town (Max Davies 3, Josh Magin 3, Josh Otto) 7-0 Carharrack 
Att - 20
St Just (Jack Willis) 1-2 Wendron United Reserves (Jack Noy, Ben Coleman)
Att - 25
West Cornwall (Callum Cartwright) 1-2 Illogan RBL (Jack Adams 2)
Att - 25

St ives 7-0 Carharrack

Has to be said a very different carharrack team to earlier in the season. No silly fouls, no diving in, no causing injuries by reckless tackles, just a honest hard working effort. 

Its weird also how no st ives players were appealing for free kicks because there wasn’t any late or dangerous injury/operation needing challenges.  

Shame Tom Trust couldn’t make it, loves a moan about st ives games.... then again, probably didn’t want to be humiliated. 

All the best for carharrack on there long journey to get things back together. 

Lizard 2-0 Hayle  , deserved win ,  a cracking strike caught the keeper of his line in the first minutes and a well taken strikers goal in the second  sealed the points   One of those days where  the away team huffed and puffed but  couldn't  string to many passes together , but taking nothing away from the home team they played well especially  in the first half and were winning g the midfield battle ,  second half soaked up pressure  and counter attacking  really  well  . Well reffed today good luck to Lizard for the rest of the season , well played today and deserved 3 points .

9 minutes ago, Keeper#1 said:

St ives 7-0 Carharrack

Has to be said a very different carharrack team to earlier in the season. No silly fouls, no diving in, no causing injuries by reckless tackles, just a honest hard working effort. 

Its weird also how no st ives players were appealing for free kicks because there wasn’t any late or dangerous injury/operation needing challenges.  

Shame Tom Trust couldn’t make it, loves a moan about st ives games.... then again, probably didn’t want to be humiliated. 

All the best for carharrack on there long journey to get things back together. 

Goals came in the 22nd, 26th, 40th, 45th, 48th, 86th and 90th minute.

Yes, I was surprised that the St Ives boys weren't whinging about anything. Was it eleven new signings? Final score a bit harsh after St Ives missed a few early chances, but there was a good spell in the 2nd half when they held their own, though St Ives might have taken their foot off the gas a bit at 5 - 0 up. Goal 6 was scored due to three players in succession diving in, but on the whole I agree with Keeper#1 that the defensive play was better.

Couple of things some ref might clear up for me: I know the offside rule has changed since I played, but a ball running out of play still isn't out when it just overhangs the marked touch-line by an inch or two, is it? I think the St Ives linesman should be told! (Not that it affected the result!) And this "advantage" thing: if a player from Team A is fouled but his team retain the ball, then the ref "plays advantage": but if a team A player then passes to a team-mate who is offside, surely that is the advantage wasted, in which case surely play goes on with a free kick to team B; or should play be brought back and the free-kick to team A be given for the original foul because the advantage has been wasted?

Carharrack still have too many one-footed players and none of them are Maradonna!

Oh, and Keeper#1, I was the geezer in the blue coat with the furry hat and (bit of a clue, this) a notebook and pen in my hands!

Still a nice cheap £1 entry for old farts: warming cup of chicken soup £1.

Good game at Kellaway Park today saw Helston beat Falmouth 2-0. They thoroughly deserved the win with Falmouth barely troubling the home keeper. Probably didn't help Falmouth's cause with their centre forward playing at centre half alongside a stand in goalkeeper who could do nothing with the 2 second half goals.

1 hour ago, Keeper#1 said:

Wonder why you didn’t introduce yourself Tom? 😂

Also I’ve had a word with our linesman and he sends his sincere apologies for giving a throwing that may or may not have gone out of play... he appericiates this could have dramatically Influenced the game. 

Did you introduce yourself ?  did you also have a word with your number 8 or you afraid he'll scream at you?

3 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

"(Not that it affected the result!)"

Who would I have introduced myself to? I don't turn up at grounds and say "Hi, I'm Tom Trust". Someone would have to be quite a long way up their own Arsenal High Road to do that! And what is your point about "my" number 8?

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 17:25, Postman Pat said:

Redruth United 2 St Agnes 2

Dan Horler. Simon James for Redruth 45 watching. Did not enjoy today's game felt sorry for the referee, constant moaning all game. 

Great to see Redruth are slowly gathering the points and climbing up the combination table. credit to both the players, manager and all those who are working behind the scenes.

4 hours ago, Mr Loverman said:

Dear oh Dear what is happening down at St Just has the pot of gold ran out? Heard along the grapevine that a certain Mr Curnow and his cronies are off to Ludgvan at the end of the season? 

Will this be to take over and spend some of Ludgvans money or will it be to make them a bully club like the Tinners once WAS? 

How ridiculous are you. Steve is st just through and through can't that one happening. And bully boys they were just a strong physical side  wouldn't say bully boys. Have they scared you before have they 😂😂😂😉 st just never spend money on players players play there for the manager. Thanks for brightening up my day

15 minutes ago, cornishlegend said:

How ridiculous are you. Steve is st just through and through can't that one happening. And bully boys they were just a strong physical side  wouldn't say bully boys. Have they scared you before have they 😂😂😂😉 st just never spend money on players players play there for the manager. Thanks for brightening up my day

The did pay few years back when they had alot of Redruth/Camborne base player's.

30 minutes ago, cornishlegend said:

My First catch of the winter season i do believe. 

Now Now 'CornishLegend' 🤔🤔

Nothing against any of the Curnows I myself amongst others have had many a battle against St Just over the past 15/20 years and always stopped for a shandy after the game (I was Designated Driver)!!

We shall see at the end of the season where people and clubs end up. Hopefully we won't see another Carharrack ---> Penryn situation hey...

55 minutes ago, Mr Loverman said:

My First catch of the winter season i do believe. 

Now Now 'CornishLegend' 🤔🤔

Nothing against any of the Curnows I myself amongst others have had many a battle against St Just over the past 15/20 years and always stopped for a shandy after the game (I was Designated Driver)!!

We shall see at the end of the season where people and clubs end up. Hopefully we won't see another Carharrack ---> Penryn situation hey...

Yep I took a massive bite out of your bait. Bug I really can't imagine Steve doing that. Its already his last season as a football manager the last time I spoke with him. I too have taken some kicks playing against them but also played with them and they are just a competitive side who want to win.

Hopefully we at carharrack will Stick together and next season hopefully things will be different. We would have had better results if we could put our strongest side out each week but unfortunately we are consistently missing 5 or 6 players each game. 

Tough season. 

1 hour ago, cornishlegend said:

Hopefully we at carharrack will Stick together and next season hopefully things will be different. We would have had better results if we could put our strongest side out each week but unfortunately we are consistently missing 5 or 6 players each game. 

Tough season. 

I just wanted to pick you up on the five or six players missing each game bit !!! Why have these players if every week your that many short surely there not any good if there working - away - etc etc . And I’m not jumping on the band wagon I’ve said my piece on Carharrack time & time again especially as an ex player before you ask . I think it just makes sense to get a player that’s there ideally most weeks not every other

4 hours ago, MARKSY said:

I just wanted to pick you up on the five or six players missing each game bit !!! Why have these players if every week your that many short surely there not any good if there working - away - etc etc . And I’m not jumping on the band wagon I’ve said my piece on Carharrack time & time again especially as an ex player before you ask . I think it just makes sense to get a player that’s there ideally most weeks not every other

Totally agree with you. But when your struggling to attract players it's hard to turn anyone away. We've got alot.of players signed on. Some that also play in the trelawney league too. We have a couple lads at uni who would be starters if They were back each week. If we could get the best 14 we have there every week we would be in a better position. But we got to do what we've got to do to 1 fullfill fixtures but 2 also to play for pride each week. When your losing each week it's hard to keep players motivated. If we got a couple results maybe we would have people that aren't always available to be available. In Brian we have someone who is constantly giving his all to makesure we got a side each week always looking for new better players working hard in training. We will keep going and hopefully abit of luck is around the corner for us.