Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pasty always devonian

Truro staying at Torquay !

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, superdario said:

Well if you can't answer that's absolutely fine, its pretty obvious you have a problem with PM, so I'll leave it there.

Spot on.

I have major issues,with him,along with many others.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see Truro have a HOME fixture rearranged for 09/01/19 vs Wealdstone ( I think) , no venue has been confirmed for this fixture as yet !!!

Come on Mr Masters your long suffering fans deserve to know that you have no intention of returning to Treyew Road & without a permanent home for the 2019/20 season will likely fold as a national league club due to being unable to pass the national leagues financial criteria .

Once again Mr Masters hold your head in shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pasty always devonian said:

I see Truro have a HOME fixture rearranged for 09/01/19 vs Wealdstone ( I think) , no venue has been confirmed for this fixture as yet !!!

Come on Mr Masters your long suffering fans deserve to know that you have no intention of returning to Treyew Road & without a permanent home for the 2019/20 season will likely fold as a national league club due to being unable to pass the national leagues financial criteria .

Once again Mr Masters hold your head in shame.

What happened to your mate? You know the one who is the who worked for pro club and is best placed in the south for info on such matters. Ask him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What the one that's told me the reason truro have signed Alex Battle from Argy!e, is to replace the Torquay bound Tyler Harvey  !!!

You heard it here first leg me tell! You gentlemen 😉

And Mr Cornish Wall, Peter Masters was asked about TCfc returning to Cornwall asap & as usual sidestepped the subject & promptly left the directors box at PLAINMOOR on NYDay, 

Shifty little that he is...😠

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Pasty always devonian said:

What the one that's told me the reason truro have signed Alex Battle from Argy!e, is to replace the Torquay bound Tyler Harvey  !!!

You heard it here first leg me tell! You gentlemen 😉

And Mr Cornish Wall, Peter Masters was asked about TCfc returning to Cornwall asap & as usual sidestepped the subject & promptly left the directors box at PLAINMOOR on NYDay, 

Shifty little that he is...😠

Goes to show your mate knows sod all. Where are Truro playing on tuesday. Get a new source if i were you. Try tomato. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/01/2019 at 13:37, Fanfare said:

Going off topic slightly, don't know if @John Mead would know being the SWPL grounds guru but which club has the closest criteria for what Truro need?

I understand club A might have the right sized changing rooms but not enough ground entrances and club B might have enough cover but not enough seats etc but would be interested to know.

Would say that no Club in SWPL is anywhere near the standard needed for TC to share with them; estimated £500k investment to bring Bodmin up to that level and others would need at least as much.  Changing rooms would be the least problematical; additional stands and covered accommodation, plus supporter segregation, extra turnstiles and upgraded floodlights would be the expensive bits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just proves the point that if you badger somebody long  & hard enough ( as did the Torquay fans at Masters on NY DAY , where he eventually had enough & left the building ) their conscience gets pricked & decisions have to be met.

The correct decision it seems.

As for changing my source, well  At the time of publication all information I received was correct in the eyes & belief of the holder.

😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/01/2019 at 18:22, superdario said:

I'm sure Mr Masters thought i'd better move back to Truro because a few Torquay fans are badgering me😏

Or thought he is maybe way out his depth so best not embarrass themselves even more ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/01/2019 at 13:37, Fanfare said:

Going off topic slightly, don't know if @John Mead would know being the SWPL grounds guru but which club has the closest criteria for what Truro need?

I understand club A might have the right sized changing rooms but not enough ground entrances and club B might have enough cover but not enough seats etc but would be interested to know.

Thought I'd replied to this a few days ago; obviously pressed the wrong button!

There's no club in SWPL which comes close to the criteria needed for Truro to ground share, without spending a fortune. When one club was explored as an option, the estimated cost to bring it up to scratch was over £500K! Even if the money was available, it would be madness to spend it on a temporary solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crazy world. You could have the best pitch in the county, nice clubhouse and general facilities ...but can't play at this level because you don't have a turnstile.

OH! and a bit of rickety old scaffolding for a stand.

Someone is going to have to show me what TCFC have that no-one else has...because I'm buggered if I can see what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Each Step up demands improvements in facilities for spectators and players; they are introduced gradually to make it easier for clubs to be able to afford the costs involved. Increasing grant funding is available from the FSIF at each stage. The aim is to allow a pathway for a club to gradually climb the pyramid and reach the Football League. It only seems a little non-sensible when you consider the number of clubs across the Country that will never get that far but have still spent a fortune to get where they are. The only saving grace is that facilities last longer than players and so, are a worthwhile investment!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive been along to a few games this season at Plainmoor and all i can say is i think its great for the club the size of Truro's to be playing in such a prestigious facility such as Torquay United. Embrace it whilst you can

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Crazy world. You could have the best pitch in the county, nice clubhouse and general facilities ...but can't play at this level because you don't have a turnstile.

OH! and a bit of rickety old scaffolding for a stand.

Someone is going to have to show me what TCFC have that no-one else has...because I'm buggered if I can see what it is.

How very dare you call our stand rickety, it may not be up to Penryn's standard but our safety officer goes around and checks every nut and bolt before every home game, not that he's had much to do this season. :yahoo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rayvon said:

It seems divorce proceedings have started between Torquay and Truro City, I'll drink to that. :smiley20: Let's hope it's a quickie.

By Friday according to the man himself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...