Cornwall Football Forum

MORTGAGE ADVICE BUREAU ECPL

It's open season for every club in the county:expect several Trelawney/Duchy teams to move to their respective Senior leagues.This has to

be good news for Peninsula  sides (Sticker,St.Dennis Godolphin, Penzance  and Helston etc.) with their Reserves not in the Junior set-up having ludicrous qualification

Rules for being able to move freely between 1sts & 2nds.

I can only assume this is the reason why CCFA wanted Trelawney/Combo and Duchy/ECPL to merge.

Nothing to do with the Step 7 rules. There was an agreement between the ECPL and Duchy League whereby only one team would be promoted each year. I understand this agreement has now been relaxed, paving the way for the ECPL to fill any gaps left by sides being promoted to Step 7. However, as pointed out at the CCFA meeting to discuss the new leagues, a side in Trelawney Premier has only a one league (Combo) gap, whereas a side in Duchy Premier has two (ECPL 1 and Premier) divisions between them and Step 7. ECPL will have to decide whether to move to one league or accept multiple teams from Duchy. This two step gap was, I believe, Lakeside’s reason for their sideways move back into P&D last summer. Food for thought... 

22 hours ago, Adlestrop said:

It's open season for every club in the county:expect several Trelawney/Duchy teams to move to their respective Senior leagues.This has to

be good news for Peninsula  sides (Sticker,St.Dennis Godolphin, Penzance  and Helston etc.) with their Reserves not in the Junior set-up having ludicrous qualification

Rules for being able to move freely between 1sts & 2nds.

I can only assume this is the reason why CCFA wanted Trelawney/Combo and Duchy/ECPL to merge.

The current National FA Rules only allow for 25% of the new leagues’ quorums to be reserve sides, obviously aimed at maximising progression of clubs through the pyramid. I understand this is being discussed by CCFA with regard to the new leagues but if 25% remains as the limit there won’t be any room for these reserve teams in Step 7  

If the ECPL go for only I division,it could surely not be fair to tell some Clubs that they would have to revert to Junior status and kick them out!

All these problems would be solved at a stroke if  the ECPL/Duchy amalgamated- although my understanding is that one of them would never in a million

years  have agreed to merge.Sadly that intransigence would appear to have backfired!

6 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Unfortunately it’s all going to be a bit of a guessing game until we know the exact make-up of the Step 7 league. Hopefully clubs will be prepared and able to make quick decisions to decide on their desired route for season 2019-20.

It will be more like last minute then a quick decision 

1 hour ago, hedgerow said:

It will be more like last minute then a quick decision 

You’re probably right because I guess clubs interested might wait to make their final, final decision depending on who else might be wanting to join. 

Also will possibly depend on when the clubs who have lodged their interest to join, have to get their actual applications in by. What sort of timescales involved and how detailed an application etc etc! Timing could be critical!

On 29/12/2018 at 22:25, Adlestrop said:

If the ECPL go for only I division,it could surely not be fair to tell some Clubs that they would have to revert to Junior status and kick them out!

All these problems would be solved at a stroke if  the ECPL/Duchy amalgamated- although my understanding is that one of them would never in a million

years  have agreed to merge.Sadly that intransigence would appear to have backfired!

All depends on numbers. There aren’t enough sides now for two leagues. If more than about 4 or 5 go to the Step 7 league, one ECPL division would be sensible. I would agree that a merger/partnership  with the Duchy League would be sensible, with the ECPL becoming the equivalent of the Premier League to the Football League. Drive standards of facilities up and make it a League that clubs need to show ambition to be in again.