Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results and Table - Saturday 29th December 2018

Results for 
Saturday 29th December 2018 
Carharrack (Mark Woolcock) 1-3 Falmouth Town Reserves (Rhys Allen, OG 2)
Att - 20
Illogan RBL (Matt Roberts 2, Jack Adams) 3-1 Pendeen Rovers (Silas Sullivan) 
Att - 40
Lizard Argyle 0-3 Penryn Athletic (Russell May 2, Bradley Leivers)
Att - 35
Perranwell (Joe Ibbs-George 2) 2-1 Mullion (Chris Blee) 
Att - 48
Redruth United (Andy Bishop) 1-4 St Ives Town (Josh Magin 2, Curt Richards, Joe Day) 
Att - 20
St Agnes (Ed Wilton 4, Mark Bell 2, Mike Burn) 7-3 Porthleven Reserves (Jamie Greet 2, Kyle Fraser) 
Att - 50
St Day (Dan Richards 3, Luke Hart, Tyler Oliver, Jake Williams) 6-2 St Just (Neil Curnow, Kameron Collins) 
Att - 45
Wendron United Reserves (Max Bowden, Ben Coleman, Matt Larcombe) 3-1 Hayle (Rob Johns) 
Att - 15 
West Cornwall 0-7 Helston Athletic Reserves (Charlie Young 3, Jowan Shainberg 2, Tyler Cooke, Dan Stidwell) 
Att - 20

Final table for 2018
POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 24 16 2 6 82 29 53 50
2 HELSTON ATHLETIC RESERVES 23 16 1 6 83 37 46 49
3 ST DAY 22 14 3 5 70 41 29 45
4 PERRANPORTH 18 14 2 2 62 18 44 44
5 PENRYN ATHLETIC 19 13 2 4 74 17 57 43*
6 ST IVES TOWN 19 13 2 4 59 21 38 41
7 HAYLE 21 13 0 8 63 31 32 39
8 PERRANWELL 18 12 0 6 37 19 18 36
9 ILLOGAN RBL 19 10 2 7 49 30 19 32
10 WENDRON UNITED RESERVES 20 7 5 8 44 47 -3 26
11 PENDEEN ROVERS 21 8 1 12 43 53 -10 25
12 ST AGNES 21 7 4 10 46 65 -19 25
13 MULLION 20 8 0 12 30 47 -17 24
14 ST JUST 20 5 5 10 38 48 -10 22*
15 LIZARD ARGYLE 19 6 3 10 40 43 -3 21
16 RNAS CULDROSE 17 6 3 7 24 47 -23 21
17 REDRUTH UNITED 21 6 1 14 32 72 -40 19
18 WEST CORNWALL 16 1 3 12 15 65 -50 6
19 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 20 2 1 17 30 106 -76 3*
20 CARHARRACK 19 0 4 14 19 104 -85 0*
* POINTS ADJUSTED

Hayle  scorer Rob John's,  1-0 half time  deserved winners Wendron , young Aiden saved a penalty  late on , well reffed Kevin Knowles , Hayle down to 10 men with a disgusting   spitting in the face of the Wendron player , disgrace  give the Wendron  player his due I don't know how he didn't retaliate  . HAYLE  Capt Rob John's  said he wont play for Hayle again and rightly so , shame to take the shine of a good win for Wendron  and the great news of Peter Thorne's  CBE  ,  apologies  to Wendron   .

Just now, Dagerags said:

It’s a joke, your man Steve was very upset with the st ives number 8 and let everyone know the other day. 

As I said then irrelevant information same with this, you’ve added to your stream bringing more attention to it. 

why is it irrelevant the bloke gives a good report,your the one that keeps going on about th St Ives number 8 could you be him by any chance or one of his team mates if so get a grip there is no place in the game for the sreaming or the spitting

I think the point dagerags is making is people  berate the st ives players for claiming free kicks... but then they have a player who’s just  required a operation and is out for 9 months - even tho Tom Trust (bellend) berated him as faking a injury, but yet the guys apologied for spitting in someone’s face and lets all move on... very fickle and pathetic people on this forum. 

16 minutes ago, Smiler said:

why is it irrelevant the bloke gives a good report,your the one that keeps going on about th St Ives number 8 could you be him by any chance or one of his team mates if so get a grip there is no place in the game for the sreaming or the spitting

Wish I was number 8. Good looking chap. 

Carharrack 1, Falmouth Town 3

I wasn't looking forward to this game after the 14 - 1 defeat at Falmouth earlier in the season: but what a result! Not many teams will have scored against Falmouth in both matches this season! Shame that Carharrack conceded TWO own-goals to give Town a 2 - 0 lead, these goals either side of half-time (39th and 50th minutes). Then they got one of their own, Reece Allen on 53 so it looked like a goal-glut was about to happen, but Carharrack dug in, rode their luck, survived no end of 2nd half corners (to none at the other end!), and then the no 15, I think it was, picked the visiting 'keeper's pocket and scored in the empty net on the 87th minute to produce a thoroughly reputable score.

Visiting fans by me were extremely friendly. Are rumours true that Town are staying at Bickland Park after all? I hope so!

Lovely cuppa, still 50p: and speedy recovery to Val of the tea-hut who's broken her ankle and leg whilst engaged in the dangerous past-time of housework! Chin up, Val, and hope to see you back at the chip-fryer soon!

6 minutes ago, Keeper#1 said:

I think the point dagerags is making is people  berate the st ives players for claiming free kicks... but then they have a player who’s just  required a operation and is out for 9 months - even tho Tom Trust (bellend) berated him as faking a injury, but yet the guys apologied for spitting in someone’s face and lets all move on... very fickle and pathetic people on this forum. 

Easy to name-call from behind an alias, isn't it. I've always thought that there'd be virtually no on-line bullying of kids if everyone HAD to post chatter under their own name on social media.

1 hour ago, Tom Trust said:

Carharrack 1, Falmouth Town 3

I wasn't looking forward to this game after the 14 - 1 defeat at Falmouth earlier in the season: but what a result! Not many teams will have scored against Falmouth in both matches this season! Shame that Carharrack conceded TWO own-goals to give Town a 2 - 0 lead, these goals either side of half-time (39th and 50th minutes). Then they got one of their own, Reece Allen on 53 so it looked like a goal-glut was about to happen, but Carharrack dug in, rode their luck, survived no end of 2nd half corners (to none at the other end!), and then the no 15, I think it was, picked the visiting 'keeper's pocket and scored in the empty net on the 87th minute to produce a thoroughly reputable score.

Visiting fans by me were extremely friendly. Are rumours true that Town are staying at Bickland Park after all? I hope so!

Lovely cuppa, still 50p: and speedy recovery to Val of the tea-hut who's broken her ankle and leg whilst engaged in the dangerous past-time of housework! Chin up, Val, and hope to see you back at the chip-fryer soon!

Easy to name-call from behind an alias, isn't it. I've always thought that there'd be virtually no on-line bullying of kids if everyone HAD to post chatter under their own name on social media.

Tom you was very quite today didn't hear you. 

Thought it was our best performance of the season today  we played for pride today and felt we put a very good shift in. It was very hard work in the middle of midfield but thought we competed better in there today which made a difference to how we played. Just a shame we can't get the same people there each week always 4 or 5 missing. Proud of the team today big effort. 

Good luck to Falmouth and there quest to win the league. Very good side and can see why they are too. 

3 hours ago, Keeper#1 said:

Yes he has apologized but read the combo facebook page the manager and capt have both said he wont play for the club again .  so not forgot. Decision taken very quickly . 

2 hours ago, stevieb said:

Yes he has apologized but read the combo facebook page the manager and capt have both said he wont play for the club again .  so not forgot. Decision taken very quickly . 

Spitting is the lowest of the low but credit to him for apologising. Hope he learns from his mistake, serve his suspension and still play football elsewhere 

Credit to west cornwall boys yesterday they were out played for most of the game but never stopped working for each other,the goalkeeper who I'm led to believe is only 16 had a cracking game plus the two lads up front never stopped running and after losing 0:7 had to take down the nets and barriers around the pitch also special mention for the ref who could of easily sent of one of the WC players for a second yellow but used common sense in what was a game of very few bad tackles

19 hours ago, Themanhimself said:

Spitting is the lowest of the low but credit to him for apologising. Hope he learns from his mistake, serve his suspension and still play football elsewhere 

What length of time would that be, must be more than the standard one match ban

14 minutes ago, Themanhimself said:

Spitting right in someone's face should be double that 

I doubt you'd find anyone that would disagree with you on that.

That number (6) is from the Discipline Handbook. The County FA's have minimum-maximum charges which they can apply so the player could potentially be banned for more than 6 games. 

3 minutes ago, willy7 said:

Does violent conduct come under a certain amount of weeks or does it depend on the incident itself

Three games as standard however it depends on the severity of the incident. We've had a couple of incidents this season where two players have received bans: one was 7 months, the other was 22 months. We've also seen players banned for ten games etc. 

38 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Three games as standard however it depends on the severity of the incident. We've had a couple of incidents this season where two players have received bans: one was 7 months, the other was 22 months. We've also seen players banned for ten games etc. 

Crikey! What were the offences for the 7 and 22 month ones?

53 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Someone I know got sent off for pushing someone but got a 4 match ban, don't understand it.

51 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Crikey! What were the offences for the 7 and 22 month ones?

Violent Conduct - assault (both cases). We've had quite a few incidents this season unfortunately. I had one myself as a referee a few weeks back when a player (substitute) threatened to knock me out after I'd sin binned a teammate. He then made physical contact with me. He got a six month ban as a result. Whilst the length of ban/charge applied isn't of any interest to me, all I'd like to see is the offender's learning from their mistakes.

The FA are pushing for maximum punishments in most cases which I personally believe to be a good thing, particularly with offences such as violent conduct - which is 99% of the time off-the-ball incidents.

1 hour ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Violent Conduct - assault (both cases). We've had quite a few incidents this season unfortunately. I had one myself as a referee a few weeks back when a player (substitute) threatened to knock me out after I'd sin binned a teammate. He then made physical contact with me. He got a six month ban as a result. Whilst the length of ban/charge applied isn't of any interest to me, all I'd like to see is the offender's learning from their mistakes.

The FA are pushing for maximum punishments in most cases which I personally believe to be a good thing, particularly with offences such as violent conduct - which is 99% of the time off-the-ball incidents.

Touch the referee...banned for life in my world.

3 hours ago, skinner said:

where are the 2nd  team going to play

Two seasons ago, Threemilestone Reserves failed when they attempted to join the Trelawny League.

Carharrack are a team on the mend it would seem however they are still searching for players via their social media pages. A quick scroll through their recent teamsheets (although their latest one is missing) would also suggest that they need more players. 

With them also looking likely to be relegated into the Trelawny League next season, my personal opinion is that they will not be looking to enter a reserve team next season - it would be madness considering they haven't got a full Combo side. I also believe they would not be accepted by our clubs unless they follow the same suit as Threemilestone - very similar circumstances surrounding the folding of both teams. Of course, I could be wrong with that assumption.

I think this is a wind up personally.