Cornwall Football Forum

Time for Adams to GO

I have Supported Plymouth all my life , I dont go up anymore because of different reasons and my knees are nackered .I still follow Plymouth and always will but after todays defeat to Accrington he has got to go he should give more youngsters a chance i went to Falmouth today and watched Alex Fletcher and Alex Battle destroy Falmouth and think these 2 should be given a chance in the 1st team. I would like to see Adams gone and replaced with the king of the jungle HARRY REDKNAPP wishful thinking but you never know .I hope Plymouth stay up but its going to be a struggle the players are just not good enough and they let there fans down with awful performances .

Fletcher isn't anywhere near good enough for first team football. Battle isn't ready yet for sure. As for Redknapp, no chance at all. Before the jungle there would've been a very small chance but since being thrust into the public spotlight I can't see him taking any manager's job let alone a club at the bottom of League 1

You are aware of the difference in ability between football league level and swl aren’t you? 

Look at all the players that play in the SWL that have been at Argyle in the past. There’s probably less than 20 appearances between them. Gone are the days of a reserve team being a step up to the first team

They should give Battle and Fletcher a chance  i think they will do better than all those poor players from low Scottish teams ,Adams played Louis Rooney and Tyler Harvey and they both scored on there debuts i think and then they are gone ,he should give more youngsters a chance .I think you are right about Harry Redknapp being too old Plymouth wouldnt be able to afford him ,so think they sould get rid of Adams before its too late and replace him with Gary Johnson who is doing a great job at Torquay and he would make a gret manager at Argyle and he has a good record i would like to see Adams given 1 more chance then replace him before its back to div 2

Edited by 100%cornish

Again Battle and Fletcher aren't good enough! Fletcher has had chances in the first team and has been shown that he is nowhere near good enough. Harvey had already played several games for Argyle before that game he scored two, but his career has also showed he wasn't good enough, same with Rooney. Just because players can do it in the SWPL doesn't mean they can do it at a professional level, the difference between the two levels is massive!