Millbrook 2-0 Godolphin Atlantic 
Sticker 0-6 Launceston 
Torpoint Athletic 4-1 Helston Athletic 

DIVISION ONE EAST 
Brixham AFC 1-3 St Martins 
Crediton United 2-2 Newton Abbot Spurs 
Ilfracombe Town 2-4 Axminster Town 
Teignmouth 7-1 Budleigh Salterton 
Torridgeside H/W Liverton United (away side unable to raise a team)

DIVISION ONE WEST 
Bude Town 3-0 Bere Alston United 
Dobwalls 3-1 Porthleven 
Ludgvan 1-9 Plymstock United 
St Dennis P-P Mousehole 
Wadebridge Town 1-1 Wendron United

Can bottom  club Sticker break their win less run today against next to bottom Launceston?

From "Non League Matters" out of 1020 clubs in the top 10 tiers of English football only 7 clubs have yet to win this season which includes Sticker from 23 games.

The only club without a point is Western League Prem. Shortwood United

12 minutes ago, Fanfare said:

Falmouth's chances of repeating last season's success are dramatically slipping away.

Probably because they seem to have difficulty in fielding a full strength squad, lack of enthusiasm springs to mind.A bottom half of the table finish now a certainty.

13 minutes ago, Fanfare said:

Falmouth's chances of repeating last season's success are dramatically slipping away.

Yep outclassed today by a quicker and more technical ,composed and accurately passing team that left us chasing shadows for most of the game .The best team weve played so far and will be worthy champions if they continue as they did today .

Losing Jordan Annear the reason why Falmouth will drop away rapidly this year!!

Not saying they are a one man team but being in a team with someone who can score every game gives everyone a boost. 

I would also say the over-use of social media may have also led to the squad thinking they had made it before they had!

33 minutes ago, SWL Veteran said:

Losing Jordan Annear the reason why Falmouth will drop away rapidly this year!!

Not saying they are a one man team but being in a team with someone who can score every game gives everyone a boost. 

I would also say the over-use of social media may have also led to the squad thinking they had made it before they had!

Your last sentence could never be more true!

On a separate note, with a sort of reference to Bodmin Town's defeat to Exmouth today, Darren Gilbert's interview on the excellent Local Football Radio Show was very interesting.  Seemed to highlight his growing disillusionment with the local football scene, in particular the commitment of younger players and the inflated opinion they have of themselves.  This ties in with the stories on this forum that had previously appeared about the difficulty he had I'm recruiting younger players back in the summer. Made me wonder if the Gilbert era is drawing to a close at Bodmin, and how his legacy will be judged.

5 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

On a separate note, with a sort of reference to Bodmin Town's defeat to Exmouth today, Darren Gilbert's interview on the excellent Local Football Radio Show was very interesting.  Seemed to highlight his growing disillusionment with the local football scene, in particular the commitment of younger players and the inflated opinion they have of themselves.  This ties in with the stories on this forum that had previously appeared about the difficulty he had I'm recruiting younger players back in the summer. Made me wonder if the Gilbert era is drawing to a close at Bodmin, and how his legacy will be judged.

Turning into Mourinho at United

19 hours ago, herbie777 said:

Not sure if Hobbs is playing at the moment but if he is he certainly ain't scoring any goals, which is a surprise Although when i have seen Bodmin play they r very poor and his partner up front is hopeless which obviously does not help him

If he’s “hopeless”, there’s quite a few strikers out there that should perhaps think twice about what they’re doing! 

😀

51FECA28-6A39-4092-A2D8-0AECD094B40B.jpeg 

We will agree to disagree on this Dave I have watched a few Bodmin games this season he is garbage, to slow no movement. I could play up front for Bodmin and be in double figures by now. The standard of the lower half of the league is awful, 20 years ago the top teams in the p and d premier would easily have held their own in this league 

Completely different game - dealing with a different type of player- that’s why successful managers like Gilby will find it so hard to repeat his previous successes!!!

it appears that past days where managers could rely on a core group of 7/8 players have gone - with no loyalty being shown!!!

Its not just Gilby - but all managers facing a tough time I believe

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

So can you ever see the standard returning to those previous times?

Regrettably it’s a different game these days.

I am not sure to be honest, my son played for a very good football team in the DJM league, devon cup finalists league winners at u16 level with some fantastic players. The only 1 of them who plays football at a decent level is David Barker at Saltash the rest have just lost interest. Compared to when I was younger everybody went on to play adult football, I can only c things getting worse to be honest.

On 24/12/2018 at 14:58, herbie777 said:

We will agree to disagree on this Dave I have watched a few Bodmin games this season he is garbage, to slow no movement. I could play up front for Bodmin and be in double figures by now. The standard of the lower half of the league is awful, 20 years ago the top teams in the p and d premier would easily have held their own in this league 

You’re such a sad little man Herbie another keyboard warrior hiding behind his computer screen I don’t need to defend myself against the likes of you I’ll let my record speak for itself 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 Merry Xmas 

Sorry Stu anybody would score goals playing up front for Bodmin even a shop manakin. I am not saying u r completely useless but just lacking in a bit of mobility. And as for your record speaking for itself that's a cracker. Anyway merry Xmas and no over indulging on the clotted cream 🤢

9 hours ago, THE BALD ONE said:

Herbie was David Barker in the same age group as Rocky Neal , Todd Hanrahan, Dan Hart , Jordan Copp ,Steve Sutton.

Yes Dave played for Morley, Rocky and Steve Sutton up front for Plymouth Kolts. I think Hart and Copp were up Argyle and barely played in the DJM. You could tell Rocky was going to be a brilliant player from the age of 11 and I honestly think if Argyle had managed him better he would have had a chance of making it as a pro player

6 hours ago, THE BALD ONE said:

Theres also Jordan Pearce and James Rowe who play at the same level. I ran a team at that age group from u10 to u16 and was hounded by these scoundrels. Only when I was in the top league.  Lol.  There is also a lad at Torpoint who still plays I think.

Yes my son played with Jordan Pearce at Elburton a top player but a bit of a hot head, James Rowe was he a forward played for woolwell. Morley had a lad at under 15s and 16s up front called Adam Stevenson who at that age was a superb player but sadly I don't think he played after he was about 18. Also Woolwell had a good goalie only knew him as wiggly I think he played for Mount Gould for a bit.

Good old wiggy lol. My son number 2. Great keeper and a smashing lad.james rowe spent most of his djm with Sb Frankfurt then moved to woolwell.Another lad you will know who could of made it was Josh Tapp. I had a goalie who played for me possibly u13 or 14 who was bigger than any other player in the league called Fletcher Gallagher i heard he had a trial with Man Utd youth , never heard of him again. 

13 minutes ago, THE BALD ONE said:

Good old wiggy lol. My son number 2. Great keeper and a smashing lad.james rowe spent most of his djm with Sb Frankfurt then moved to woolwell.Another lad you will know who could of made it was Josh Tapp. I had a goalie who played for me possibly u13 or 14 who was bigger than any other player in the league called Fletcher Gallagher i heard he had a trial with Man Utd youth , never heard of him again. 

Lol I remember Fletcher he could kick the ball the length of the pitch when he was 14, yes Tappy was a fine player dropped off a bit as the boys got older. I guess from what u have been saying you managed Woolwell, I remember when we won the u16s league we needed a draw at your place to secure it, u went two nil up but we somehow managed two late goals both scored by Matt Binmore ( another player who should be playing at a half decent standard ) I think wiggy made probably the only mistake I ever saw him make with the 1st goal. Good old days.