Cornwall Football Forum

Jose Mourinho: Manchester United sack manager

40 minutes ago, Keith B said:

I've a feeling that the players didn't like him and don't want him. He says apparently that he still had the dressing room - not sure that's true. A good manager/coach (and his track record is very good) doesn't become a bad one over night. I think the players blanked him out and that of course would be fatal if true.

He won't be away from the game for long I'm sure - teams will be lining up to sign him. Pity though it's ended this way, to manage Man U was his dream I think.

Man U was without doubt his dream job. Unfortunately for him, his best years are way behind him. Can’t see him being manager of another club (unless in Germany or France). Sure he will be an manager of a country possibly not a major force (China?).

Thankful that he won what he did at CFC. Money can buy success if spent wisely and the manager is a brilliant coach & tactician. 

Best coach in the world for 10-15 years but a fading light now. Time to count your money.

3 hours ago, Keith B said:

True - but not Roy Keane. They wouldn't tolerate him - someone might even flatten him. I read somewhere Brian Clough panned him once ( Clough's biographer ?) and Keane never mouthed him again. I think that was '''Walking on Water''' a biography of Clough ?

Needs someone to really shake them up

On 18/12/2018 at 13:47, Goldeneye said:

Agree with all that baldy. One thing I've found strange over the years is how the media treat different clubs. Over the last 20 - 30 years they criticise Man Utd at every opportunity, but seem to worship Liverpool who haven't won the league for almost 30 years! 

You are joking! The media have done anything to have Man United on the tele at every opportunity for 20 years. They love nothing more than that. Its only the last few years which have been a circus really since the steady days of Fergie. 

Standard Mourinho. Knows his time is up, ruins the dynamics of the club, expresses that he will never leave the club, gets sacked and then lives off the massive payoff. There's only one person he cares about, and that's himself! His tactics are now archaic, his attitude is poisonous, and he's just so behind the times now. At his best he was the best manager around, but now he's lost it 

3 hours ago, Paul said:

You are joking! The media have done anything to have Man United on the tele at every opportunity for 20 years. They love nothing more than that. Its only the last few years which have been a circus really since the steady days of Fergie. 

I was thinking more about the attitude of the newspapers. I should of been more specific.😀