Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Cornwall Combination League Results - Wednesday 26th December

Results for
Wednesday 26th December 2018
Carharrack p-p St Day - fixture reversed
Falmouth Town Reserves 0-2 Perranwell (Adam Selley, Matt Lane)
Att- 88
Hayle (George Holman, Charlie Parker, Ben Williams) 3-0 St Ives Town 
Att- 118
Lizard Argyle (???) 1-1 Wendron United Reserves (Max Bowden)
Att- ???
Pendeen Rovers (???) 1-0 St Just 
Att- 85
Penryn Athletic (Bradley Leivers 3, Harry Roberts, Ryan Reeve, Jake Shaw, Conner Powell) 7-0 Mullion 
Att- 80
Porthleven Reserves v Helston Athletic Reserves 
Att- ???
Redruth United (Joel Shape) 1-4 Illogan RBL (Luke Abbott Smith 2, Jack Adams, Adam Callaway)
Att- 85
St Agnes (Ed Wilton) 1-1 Perranporth (Luke Wort) 
Att- 130
St Day (Sam Buckley 3, Chris Dower 2, Chris Dobson, Luke Hart, Gavin Boon) 8-0 Carharrack 
Att - 108

5 hours ago, cornishlegend said:

Carharrack v st day now reversed to st day  with 12 am kick off still. 

Cornishledgend although I would love the extra hour in bed KO is at 11am at VP.

Tea,coffee,bacon rolls all available. Bar will be open and a warm welcome awaits all our visitors on the day. Lots of great viewing points of the game, let's get behind the saints.

💛🖤💛🖤💛🖤

IMG_20181223_140042.thumb.jpg.cead2809c4e127ba39d5f9a5aa1d59ad.jpg

2 hours ago, Mark said:

Cornishledgend although I would love the extra hour in bed KO is at 11am at VP.

Tea,coffee,bacon rolls all available. Bar will be open and a warm welcome awaits all our visitors on the day. Lots of great viewing points of the game, let's get behind the saints.

💛🖤💛🖤💛🖤

IMG_20181223_140042.thumb.jpg.cead2809c4e127ba39d5f9a5aa1d59ad.jpg

Sorry Mark I did mean 11. 

How's the pitch looking?  

St Day 8 Carharrack 0

I'd hoped Carharrack would at least score!

Goals on 7, 10, 24, 30, 41, 42, 49, 80. St Day pen saved on 13. I could have missed the odd goal: Boxing Day football is a very social occasion on the touchline!

Carharrack manager went on as sub late on and was red-carded 4 or 5 minutes later - I don't know what for! I was writing, looked up and saw him on his back, then get the red.

St day 23 shots on target, 11 off-target (Carharrack 2, 2). Carharrack 'keeper has shipped the most goals in the division so far but has probably stopped even more. A very brave lad, very quick, great reflexes.

Hell of a crowd: booze-fuelled cheering from the balcony in the final minutes greatly enhanced the atmosphere! Very good gate.

Tea was free - for me! Payback from a former pupil: having taught at Redruth for so many years I bump into former pupils all over the place (such as St Day right back, Carharrack lino!)

For a Carharrack supporter, not a pretty sight. Falmouth next match - ouch! Shame the coaching pair put so much into trying to teach the players how to play only to be completely ignored during games. Think I'll do a count of how many times players are caught in possession, dive in instead of jockeying and pass to the oppositon at the next game. I could identify shirt numbers responsible, too. Some players will be shocked  by their own data.

1 hour ago, Tom Trust said:

For a Carharrack supporter, not a pretty sight. Falmouth next match - ouch! Shame the coaching pair put so much into trying to teach the players how to play only to be completely ignored during games. Think I'll do a count of how many times players are caught in possession, dive in instead of jockeying and pass to the oppositon at the next game. I could identify shirt numbers responsible, too. Some players will be shocked  by their own data.

I know a few managers who wold love that sort of data

2 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

St Day 8 Carharrack 0

I'd hoped Carharrack would at least score!

Goals on 7, 10, 24, 30, 41, 42, 49, 80. St Day pen saved on 13. I could have missed the odd goal: Boxing Day football is a very social occasion on the touchline!

Carharrack manager went on as sub late on and was red-carded 4 or 5 minutes later - I don't know what for! I was writing, looked up and saw him on his back, then get the red.

St day 23 shots on target, 11 off-target (Carharrack 2, 2). Carharrack 'keeper has shipped the most goals in the division so far but has probably stopped even more. A very brave lad, very quick, great reflexes.

Hell of a crowd: booze-fuelled cheering from the balcony in the final minutes greatly enhanced the atmosphere! Very good gate.

Tea was free - for me! Payback from a former pupil: having taught at Redruth for so many years I bump into former pupils all over the place (such as St Day right back, Carharrack lino!)

Fair report Tom I thought st day were the best team we've played all season despite the scoreline they played the game the right way with out taking the mick. Sending off was for a head butt the ref told me and st day had a player sent off for pushing. Real shame as there wasn't a bad tackle in the game. Again our young keeper was outstanding brave coming out and a few cracking saves. 

Thanks to st day for the hospitality and good luck for the rest of the season. Based on today you'll run penryn close.  

1 hour ago, cornishlegend said:

Fair report Tom I thought st day were the best team we've played all season despite the scoreline they played the game the right way with out taking the mick. Sending off was for a head butt the ref told me and st day had a player sent off for pushing. Real shame as there wasn't a bad tackle in the game. Again our young keeper was outstanding brave coming out and a few cracking saves. 

Thanks to st day for the hospitality and good luck for the rest of the season. Based on today you'll run penryn close.  

I believe the actions of the carharrack manager was very embarrassing today

Att 118 plus three of mans best friend , good turnout  , pitch looked good  , well reffed by Ian Robert's  ,   Hayle 3-0 St.Ives  , 2-0 half time  , good win  ,  goals well taken by George Holman for the first Charlie Parker scrambled the second   and a deflected  free kick by Ben William's finished the scoring , Caleb the Hayle keeper had to come off after a late challenge , with no one else  able to go in Mike Shilton  came off  the bench to go in  between the sticks  ,with two minutes before half time and  straight away   getting down  to make a full stretch save  .  Couple of yellow cards  dished out ,  one unsavoury  moment in the first half a challenge  with resulted in a yellow card for Adam Palmer the St. IVES NO.8 screamed as if he had a serious Injury  but shot back up and laughed  when the card was issued ,  .deserved win  , and good defensive  second half  display with Mike the stand in goalkeeper  not having  to make a save . 

3 hours ago, stevieb said:

Att 118 plus three of mans best friend , good turnout  , pitch looked good  , well reffed by Ian Robert's  ,   Hayle 3-0 St.Ives  , 2-0 half time  , good win  ,  goals well taken by George Holman for the first Charlie Parker scrambled the second   and a deflected  free kick by Ben William's finished the scoring , Caleb the Hayle keeper had to come off after a late challenge , with no one else  able to go in Mike Shilton  came off  the bench to go in  between the sticks  ,with two minutes before half time and  straight away   getting down  to make a full stretch save  .  Couple of yellow cards  dished out ,  one unsavoury  moment in the first half a challenge  with resulted in a yellow card for Adam Palmer the St. IVES NO.8 screamed as if he had a serious Injury  but shot back up and laughed  when the card was issued ,  .deserved win  , and good defensive  second half  display with Mike the stand in goalkeeper  not having  to make a save . 

Unfortunately not the best sporting team in the league that's for sure and to do that is borderline cheating 

The St Ives team and bench were, indeed, the worst-behaved group I have seen for some time when they played at Carharrack. I made my feelings known at the time. A disreputable rabble who do the game of football and the Combo League no credit at all. Shame the ref didn't book the No 8 as well, for unsporting conduct. Would have deserved it.

22 hours ago, Themanhimself said:

Unfortunately not the best sporting team in the league that's for sure and to do that is borderline cheating 

I cannot believe some of the rubbish put on here some weeks, steveb puts something on here about somebody getting fouled and says he gets up and laughs rather than retaliate in any way and that is wrong, then the usual suspects come on and jump on the bandwagon, Tom trust and the man himself need to look at the games they attend and see players appealing for corners, throw ins, penalties when they know it is not their ball surely this is also borderline cheating, Tom you seem to know a lot about football, why are you not a manager somewhere?

30 minutes ago, roger moore said:

I cannot believe some of the rubbish put on here some weeks, steveb puts something on here about somebody getting fouled and says he gets up and laughs rather than retaliate in any way and that is wrong, then the usual suspects come on and jump on the bandwagon, Tom trust and the man himself need to look at the games they attend and see players appealing for corners, throw ins, penalties when they know it is not their ball surely this is also borderline cheating, Tom you seem to know a lot about football, why are you not a manager somewhere?

It was one player  no8  , I don't like it from old school me   don't squeal if you have a heavy tackle ,  but he screamed  then got up laughing   , nothing wrong with him   and he is a big bloke 

agree with Roger about throw ins as well claiming it your teams when it clearly  isn't  . it was a good local derby  , and personally  don't have a problem  with St,Ives  , always welcoming    have a chat before and after games with  Rob and Steve  when they are there  and several players have played for both sides down the years , friendly rivalries  yes   banter yes ,    look forward to the  next game against  St. Ives   who will want  revenge,   cant have a problem with St.Ives I married a St.Ives girl  lol , see you soon Roger .

1 hour ago, roger moore said:

Unsure what you mean by jumping on the band wagon unsure where you've got that from Roger. Happy New year !!

From the old school what are you going on about there’s no school it’s just football. This is why you and Mr Trust are delusional, your pre historic. 

That game you talk about Mr Trust remember that guy being carried off, he hasn’t played since had an operation on his knee 3 weeks ago won’t play again for the season.  

On that day I think we won 9-0 it wasn’t about winning 9-0 our issue was we didn’t feel like we got the protection that we needed (and that is the sole purpose of the referee ) carharrack weren’t malicious they weren’t running round kicking they just couldnt get to the ball quick enough not there fault I know but also not our teams fault and especially not the fault of the bloke who’s been out for season this game was in September he’s currently on crutches the referee didn’t even give a foul. 

And as for Wednesday game Steve the best team won I’ve had a conversation with the hayle manager about that no animosity between the players or the management teams and you come on here as key member of that win, we couldn’t pass the ball forward without your flag going up, but it is what it is couldnt play without you so we all appreciate your time. 

And you want to start accusing people of things so what if he did I’d rather he got smashed to the floor and got up laughing rather than get up grab your left back by the neck and start a brawl.

You were the linesman on that side and you were told you could give decisions in the final third( which is ridiculous) that was in the final third you could have called the ref over and told him I’m pretty sure he would of said he can do what he likes he’s been fouled but we will never know because you didn’t you waited to come on here and talk about something irrelevant. 

11 hours ago, roger moore said:

Too old! And yes, the routine appeals players make for throws, corners and fouls have become part of the modern game and are to be regretted. Refs could stamp it out if they regarded every bogus plea as dissent!

2 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

Too old! And yes, the routine appeals players make for throws, corners and fouls have become part of the modern game and are to be regretted. Refs could stamp it out if they regarded every bogus plea as dissent!

I remember a ref from par area. Recently in the local news as the oldest ref still going down here. When he gave a free kick or made his decision if you went against it or appealed he would move it forward 10 yards. It stopped people back chatting and appealing with him. 

21 minutes ago, cornishlegend said:

I remember a ref from par area. Recently in the local news as the oldest ref still going down here. When he gave a free kick or made his decision if you went against it or appealed he would move it forward 10 yards. It stopped people back chatting and appealing with him. 

How interesting; but, of course, that ref was making up a rule for himself (or, rather, borrowing it from rugby) and it amazes me that the FA has consistently refused to recognise this as the perfect way to stop dissent. Probably because the old dinosaurs running football down the years were too proud and stubborn to adopt a rule from rugby: too demeaning! Never mind that it would clean up the game somewhat! One big trouble is that when you pay players obscene amounts of money, some let it go to their head and adopt the attitude that they are more important than the ref, hence the mobbing; and, shown on TV, every other footballer apes the behaviour they see the top professionals display. That ref was taking a risk, though. I would have thought that any complaint by a club would have led to the CCFA (presumably we are talking Ryder days) having a bit of a word with him!

I would love to see the rule introduced, especially if disputed decisions less than 10yds from the penalty area resulted in a penalty!

And, Dagerags, "From the old school what are you going on about there’s no school it’s just football. This is why you and Mr Trust are delusional, your pre historic." - happy to recognise my pre historic status - it gets me in to games at a reduced price! But as for "there's no school", just go on YouTube and trawl through some 60s and 70s football clips and see just how different the game was. Tackling was tackling in those days. Today you only have to hear a clash of boots from the touchline and people start screaming "Oi!" or "Hey!"

10 hours ago, Dagerags said:

our issue was we didn’t feel like we got the protection that we needed (and that is the sole purpose of the referee )

Slightly inaccurate.

The referees job is not to protect participants. The Referees sole purpose is to enforce the Laws of the Game and Competition Ruling. 

Referees can not protect players. They can try and manage situations which could prevent certain incidents from occurring - however if a player wants to smash up another player, the referee is not going to throw himself in front of a challenge in a heroic-esque style because the player may get hurt. He will however reprimand where necessary. A good referee will also talk to the players during the game and in situations where a heavy tackle could ensue "Steadyyyy, time it" etc.

If you go into games thinking the referee is their to protect players, you will lose all faith in them because a referee can not control the actions of the players. 

1 hour ago, Postman Pat said:

Yes Dave but he is there for the protection of the players

Nowhere in the laws does it say that referees are there to protect players. They're there to enforce the laws and to sanction appropriately. It's important not to confuse the two. As you are well aware, we do offer a form of protection (if you want to look at it that way) where we can, by means of sanctions and game management, deal with certain situations. 

I don't think it's politically correct (if we are being pedantic, like I was in my post above) to state we are there to protect players - although in a round about way, we do have influence on that field.

11 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

How interesting; but, of course, that ref was making up a rule for himself (or, rather, borrowing it from rugby) and it amazes me that the FA has consistently refused to recognise this as the perfect way to stop dissent. Probably because the old dinosaurs running football down the years were too proud and stubborn to adopt a rule from rugby: too demeaning! Never mind that it would clean up the game somewhat! One big trouble is that when you pay players obscene amounts of money, some let it go to their head and adopt the attitude that they are more important than the ref, hence the mobbing; and, shown on TV, every other footballer apes the behaviour they see the top professionals display. That ref was taking a risk, though. I would have thought that any complaint by a club would have led to the CCFA (presumably we are talking Ryder days) having a bit of a word with him!

I would love to see the rule introduced, especially if disputed decisions less than 10yds from the penalty area resulted in a penalty!

And, Dagerags, "From the old school what are you going on about there’s no school it’s just football. This is why you and Mr Trust are delusional, your pre historic." - happy to recognise my pre historic status - it gets me in to games at a reduced price! But as for "there's no school", just go on YouTube and trawl through some 60s and 70s football clips and see just how different the game was. Tackling was tackling in those days. Today you only have to hear a clash of boots from the touchline and people start screaming "Oi!" or "Hey!"

They tried the 10 yard in football once and it didn’t work. Sometimes an extra 10 yards works against you but in Rugby it’s massive

11 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

What about the player you commented on who hobbled off to the changing rooms? He’s now had an operation and is out for the rest of the season, you seem to have turned a blind eye to that one. But then I guess you are pre historic, as you mentioned.

3 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

Dave you are obliged to protect the players,I know it’s not in the laws of the game but if a player is being fouled then you are protecting him by using the laws of the game.🤓

Sanctioning ;) not protecting because if I was protecting him, he wouldn't have got fouled in the first place... The reason I'm making this point is because not long ago I got accused of not "protecting" a player who was getting fouled quite a bit... I couldn't protect him but I did sanction those that were fouling him. An important difference in my opinion :)  regardless, it makes no odds whichever way we look at it, as I said previously... I'm being pedantic (bored on a Friday night waiting for baby to make an appearance)

22 men full of testerone and the Refs are being pedantic  I think we can see the priblem here.

we had a ref last week last Saturday last minute appointment I presume he was from a higher level what a dream he was. 

Turned  up introduced himself to people from the club and from that minute on he was in charge of the day. I don’t think he spoke to one player because he managed the game on the move, even though St Agnes lost that day I’m sure they would agree with brilliant.