Cornwall Football Forum

What is Rafa’s Problem?

baldy

39 minutes ago, baldy said:

Wolves player clean through, pulled back, red card, simple. Forget all the s*** about covering players, which they’re weren’t, blatant cheating ! Correct  decision. Well done ref.

Because the law states ‘clear goal scoring opportunity’ plus there was the elbow in the other penalty area just before that!

2 hours ago, St Darren said:

Because the law states ‘clear goal scoring opportunity’ plus there was the elbow in the other penalty area just before that!

The “elbow” was in the 80th minute!

The red was right though. Control, distance from goal and direction all definitely and not sure the defender would have got there without the pull back.

9 hours ago, bighairydave said:

The “elbow” was in the 80th minute!

The red was right though. Control, distance from goal and direction all definitely and not sure the defender would have got there without the pull back.

My apologies. I only caught the highlights of the incidents. 

But was it a clear goalsciting opportunity? Outside the box with defenders coming across. I think it could be argued 

You can have a degree of sympathy for the man , it must be disappointing to give away a goal in the dying seconds and lose 2 points with so much at stake in the Premiership . However he seems to have overlooked the blatant foul on Traore  which prevented him attacking the Newcastle goal . The Boly incident is a difficult one to assess , Boly went up for the header with his eyes on the ball and possibly hit the Newcastle player with his arm . Even in slow motion it's difficult to say whether is was a penalty . There was no intent by Boly to foul the player so  a red card would have been harsh . Mike Dean the referee and 2 other referees are of the opinion that it wasn't a penalty . Like all things in football it depends which of the 2 sides you support  for your opinion about an incident . Wolves may have been fortunate on this occasion but on the other hand they were denied a goal against Spurs , following an incorrect offside decision . As I said there is so much at stake in the Premiership financially today  . I think that this is probably the strongest  season there has been so far and mathematically 3 good teams will go down at the end so every point is valuable .