v Cribbs F.C.(home)

The Buildbase FA Vase Round Three

Saltash United line-up:Ryan Rickard,Caleb Summerfield,

Callum Martindale,Sam Leary,Callum O'Brien,Danny Lewis,

Dave Trott,Sam Farrant,Richard Maddison,Ryan Richards,

Lee Phillips(Jamie Simmonds 72 mins).

Unused subs:Steve Sargison,Lewis Russell,Shaun Cleary,

Chris Menhenick.

Bookings:Farrant(Yellow),Martindale(red,sent off).

Result:Saltash United 2 Cribbs FC 4    

Scorers:Phillips(11 mins)& Richards(55 mins).

Attendance:135

Referee:Martin Peters(Bristol)

After just three minutes the Ashes should have taken the lead but Lee Phillips missed what seemed an open goal.

The visitors did take the lead on seven minutes when George Kellow scored from the penalty spot but the Ashes came back strong and Lee Phillips made up for his earlier miss to score from close range after eleven minutes.

The second half was just over ten minutes old when after a great run Ryan Richards lobbed the advancing keeper to give the Ashes the lead which they held until eight minutes from the end of normal time.

Dan Spicer levelled for Cribbs with a fine free-kick from just outside the Ashes area to bring the scores level and five minutes later Cribbs took the lead when the home side failed to clear a corner and the ball just dribbled over the line.A mix-up between Sam Leary and Ryan Rickard from a throw-in allowed Wanjau-Smith to walk the ball into the Ashes net for number four.

A very good game in very poor conditions which was a credit to both sides.

On 11/12/2018 at 16:01, pastyman said:

Saturday December 08 2018 

v Cribbs F.C.(home)

The Buildbase FA Vase Round Three

Saltash United line-up:Ryan Rickard,Caleb Summerfield,

Callum Martindale,Sam Leary,Callum O'Brien,Danny Lewis,

Dave Trott,Sam Farrant,Richard Maddison,Ryan Richards,

Lee Phillips(Jamie Simmonds 72 mins).

Unused subs:Steve Sargison,Lewis Russell,Shaun Cleary,

Chris Menhenick.

Bookings:Farrant(Yellow),Martindale(red,sent off).

Result:Saltash United 2 Cribbs FC 4    

Scorers:Phillips(11 mins)& Richards(55 mins).

Attendance:135

Referee:Martin Peters(Bristol)

After just three minutes the Ashes should have taken the lead but Lee Phillips missed what seemed an open goal.

The visitors did take the lead on seven minutes when George Kellow scored from the penalty spot but the Ashes came back strong and Lee Phillips made up for his earlier miss to score from close range after eleven minutes.

The second half was just over ten minutes old when after a great run Ryan Richards lobbed the advancing keeper to give the Ashes the lead which they held until eight minutes from the end of normal time.

Dan Spicer levelled for Cribbs with a fine free-kick from just outside the Ashes area to bring the scores level and five minutes later Cribbs took the lead when the home side failed to clear a corner and the ball just dribbled over the line.A mix-up between Sam Leary and Ryan Rickard from a throw-in allowed Wanjau-Smith to walk the ball into the Ashes net for number four.

A very good game in very poor conditions which was a credit to both sides.

What was the sending off  for ?

3 minutes ago, mattelot said:

What was the sending off  for ?

Gobbing off at the ref and linesman after a disputed goal was given.It was a goal without doubt,I was stood as close to the line as the railings allowed and saw the ball cross the line.The penalty was dubious,I didn't think there was enough contact to bring the Cribbs player down(right in front of me at the other end) I also didn't think the free kick they scored from was fairly awarded.Take those two goals away and Saltash could well be in the next round and not Cribbs.All in all though £5 well spent.

Good report Pastyman, but I think the description of the last goal was a bit astray. If you look at the video of the match then the player stole the ball off the keeper, got to the goal line, with no other player even bothering to track him, he knelt down with the ball on the line and pushed it over the line with his head. Then as Bristol based teams do, raced about the ground with his shirt off and throwing it in the air. An extremely childish action of scoring the goal, showboating does not go down well at all with followers of local football. Yes he was cautioned for the shirt episode, perhaps Cribbs refused him his lollypop at the end of the game, for his childishness.  

4 hours ago, Home Waters said:

Good report Pastyman, but I think the description of the last goal was a bit astray. If you look at the video of the match then the player stole the ball off the keeper, got to the goal line, with no other player even bothering to track him, he knelt down with the ball on the line and pushed it over the line with his head. Then as Bristol based teams do, raced about the ground with his shirt off and throwing it in the air. An extremely childish action of scoring the goal, showboating does not go down well at all with followers of local football. Yes he was cautioned for the shirt episode, perhaps Cribbs refused him his lollypop at the end of the game, for his childishness.  

Just watched the highlights and you're right, that finish and subsequent celebration was completely unprofessional and uncalled for. If I had anything to do with Saltash I'd be demanding an apology from Cribbs