Wendron United Thirds 7-0 Newlyn Lions

ARTHUR PEARCE CUP
SECOND ROUND
New Inn Titans Reserves 5-3 St Buryan Reserves

LOCKHART CUP
FIRST ROUND
West Cornwall Reserves P-P St Day Thirds

Absolute joke!!!!

penwith exiles vs penryn is now off, the almighty penryn unable to raise a side and let us know at 12:00 on a Saturday, they were clearly hoping we didn’t get a ref assigned so they didn’t have to use it as an excuse.

looks like I was right the whole time 😂😂

471A677F-4608-4047-8EAB-935A34807592.png

Just now, cornishteddyboy said:

Penryn first team game is also off

How strange

3 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Not ideal at all. Looking at the table, this was an important three points for Penryn if they wanted to win the League.

I came out of my short lived retirement to ref this game aswell!

You’re not wrong, we was looking forward to you reffing us, what is life without football on a Saturday 😩😩

It is a let down. Unfortunately we couldn’t raise a side. No excuses. Let’s hope we meet again in the cups! That’s if we can raise I side! Don’t forget though lads we gave you a good going over at home. 4-1 wasn’t it. You were the only baby’s then 😂😂😂😂

We turned up with missing players midweek and played the game. You ran and conceded like cowards 😂. Enjoy 3rd or 4th wherever you finish just remember you will finish behind exiles. Hiding behind a 4.1 which will count for nothing season end 😂. COWARDS 😂😂😂

Waiting to see if the first team got called off so you could nab a couple of their players again and when you realised you couldn’t you called off crying 😂 COWARDS 😂

Can't believe Penryn called the game off. Top of the table clash, better to go down short & get tanked than forfeit the game & get deducted points. Penryn 1st team players were keen to go down & help out but someone from Ryn had already called the game off. Absolute joke, some teams get battered every week But still show up to each game even if they are short. Penryn top of the Prem & forfeit a game, disgrace. 

1 minute ago, Roy D said:

Can't believe Penryn called the game off. Top of the table clash, better to go down short & get tanked than forfeit the game & get deducted points. Penryn 1st team players were keen to go down & help out but someone from Ryn had already called the game off. Absolute joke, some teams get battered every week But still show up to each game even if they are short. Penryn top of the Prem & forfeit a game, disgrace. 

Fair comment! 

I'm actually embarrassed to be apart of penryn football club this week! We've got 6 or 7 starters out this week through injury and suspension but it's no excuse! Players letting the rest of the team down on the morning of the game, for such a big game aswell it's embarrassing, no commitment what's so ever and I doubt I will play for penryn again this season due to this! I travelled all the way from minehead a few weeks ago to play because I love football and nothing beats winning a game of football especially if you notch! Some people just don't care and haven't got the right attitude! Sorry to penwith on behalf of the players who do give a toss and manager Ben Roberts who puts in 110% day in day out to get players available. Joke! And a bunch of let downs!

8 minutes ago, The White Akinfenwa said:

I'm actually embarrassed to be apart of penryn football club this week! We've got 6 or 7 starters out this week through injury and suspension but it's no excuse! Players letting the rest of the team down on the morning of the game, for such a big game aswell it's embarrassing, no commitment what's so ever and I doubt I will play for penryn again this season due to this! I travelled all the way from minehead a few weeks ago to play because I love football and nothing beats winning a game of football especially if you notch! Some people just don't care and haven't got the right attitude! Sorry to penwith on behalf of the players who do give a toss and manager Ben Roberts who puts in 110% day in day out to get players available. Joke! And a bunch of let downs!

Respect for that comment 👍🏽

Macca 

27 minutes ago, The White Akinfenwa said:

Let me stop you there. You might of driven down from minehead. But you also got sent off! You disrespecting our team like these lot. Where were you when the 9 men we had left fought mawnan at 2-1 until 80+ minutes. That’s fight pal! We’re a good side, we have injury’s and suspensions and that’s that! We continue to win we will be 2/3 points off penwith. We’ve lost one game. And we didn’t even lose that. On our day we a decent sodenwe would of beaten them today. Just like we did before. So your a ******* **** for saying you won’t play for Penryn again. Especially as we’re still in the race even after today! 

4 minutes ago, Manager. said:

Macca 

Let me stop you there. You might of driven down from minehead. But you also got sent off! You disrespecting our team like these lot. Where were you when the 9 men we had left fought mawnan at 2-1 until 80+ minutes. That’s fight pal! We’re a good side, we have injury’s and suspensions and that’s that! We continue to win we will be 2/3 points off penwith. We’ve lost one game. And we didn’t even lose that. On our day we a decent sodenwe would of beaten them today. Just like we did before. So your a ******* **** for saying you won’t play for Penryn again. Especially as we’re still in the race even after today! 

I mean you did lose it, the league table says so 🤔🤔

so since your famous 4-1 win against us we have gone 13 games unbeaten in the league, what have you done since then?? You thought you had it won and now are already thinking ‘are we gonna have enough players against Mawnan next week’ where as there are other teams who will turn up with the bare just to get the game played.

Thanks for making up the numbers in the league this season, hopefully they do a trophy for 4th place this season so you don’t go home empty handed.

The train keeps going, bring on the next cowboys!!!

wooooo

#traincomesoffthetrackatpenryn

1 minute ago, number 6 said:

so since your famous 4-1 win against us we have gone 13 games unbeaten in the league, what have you done since then?? You thought you had it won and now are already thinking ‘are we gonna have enough players against Mawnan next week’ where as there are other teams who will turn up with the bare just to get the game played.

Thanks for making up the numbers in the league this season, hopefully they do a trophy for 4th place this season so you don’t go home empty handed.

wooooo

Choooo choooooooooo 💨 

6 minutes ago, number 6 said:

wooooo

Mawnan have a bare 11 today including 1 second team player and 1 end of a house. Hope this helps 

Battle of the keyboard warriors here, shame seeing my old team airing its dirty laundry on here. Wouldn’t of happened when Scott “sloth” Roberts or Jarvo was in charge, they would of risen above it. My advise to the Penryn manager now would be to get anyone in now if they are short as another no show would mean -3 points. And that would be the end to there title bid. League still open, but with penwith 11 clear be hard to catch now. 

29 minutes ago, Manager. said:

Macca 

Players have a rush of blood sometimes & get sent off. You can't say "where were you when we had 9 men..." he was there, he just got sent off, getting a red card isn't about commitment. The fact is that a game has been called off when it should have been played, if you had enough to start the game then you should have done so. You will not only have another loss on your record, you'll also be deducted points. Everything that The White Akinfenwa said is spot on, players who would rather do anything other than play football on a Saturday afternoon are the ones who have let you down, not the bloke who speaks up about how pathetic the situation is when a top side forfeits a game against rivals. It's better to fulfil the fixture & lose 20 nil then just say I'm not playing. Whoever called the game off needs to have a look at themself.

i think you are giving ben Roberts a hard time here ,

he is my cousin so I will stick up for him I know that he wouldn't of wanted to forfeit the game ,  I know penryn would have been short today with suspensions and other players having family commintments (kyle cooke just having a baby)

hopefully penryn pull together and come through this , If you need any players for back up ben put 7 days in for me to mawnan since iv been banished from the club I'm always available

especially to play my old pals down at Penwith used to be my favorite game of the season . never a dull moment

Mr Roberts your gobbing off like you’ve won it all, silly boy! Just remember your managing a decent team with a decent setup probably one of the best setups in junior football, not a pub team from down the road anymore. So for me you need to grow up and stop tarnishing a decent football clubs name. I’m sure the committee won’t be happy!

5 minutes ago, Local league fan said:

Mr Roberts your gobbing off like you’ve won it all, silly boy! Just remember your managing a decent team with a decent setup probably one of the best setups in junior football, not a pub team from down the road anymore. So for me you need to grow up and stop tarnishing a decent football clubs name. I’m sure the committee won’t be happy!

I’m not gobbing off, I’m aloud to have a say. And join in the banter. I don’t no people want to have a go at me. I’m just trying to do the best I can. I don’t go out to let anyone down especially the club. If someone wants to step in a take my place then carry on. I’m proud to manage Penryn, just like I was a mawnan. This is only my third season as a manager and I didn’t even come in to the club to be a manager I was meant to just help out. Football is all I have so I wouldn’t go out of my way to tarnish anything.! The face that two/ three people are having a go at me without even knowing me says it all! We’re all doing our best. Remember I don’t get paid for this job and it’s a full time thing, I have children and a job aswell. I’m doing the best I can 

Managing a football team is one of the hardest things in football so giving Mr Roberts a hard tim, you lot step up to be a manager and we shall see you deal with the mess most managers have 24/7. As for today, it happens. Not the best day for Penryn. As a team they will bounce back bigger and better. One bad day at the office. As a Mr Sinatra once said 'that's life

6 minutes ago, David Bray said:

Nanpean 15  Boscastle Res. 2.

Think it was fifteen, lost count towards the end.

he said football results not rugby. but fair play to boscastle who rather play and get hammered unlike penryn who could of raised a side today just choose not to because it wasn't as strong as previous games