Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Fixtures and Table - Saturday 8th December 2018

40 minutes ago, Rob Hosking said:

Don't make this personal, between yourself and St Day, Dave, as some of your comments are aimed solely at the club, removing your impartiality as a match official! 

My opinions are my own, not the clubs and I offered one solution to local football, which you obviously didn't like, but I've not mentioned your performances as an official. 

We have some great officials, such as George Pattison, Nigel Nicholls, Kevin Knowles & Marc Rose amongst others, who you should aspire to be like. I will also give a special mention to mr B Manning, I've forgotten his real name, but he officiated for a pre season friendly and was fantastic. 

As for forum members hiding behind names, to my knowledge they are not involved with the club, nor represent its views. So if you've a problem, Dave, please come and speak to myself or somebody from the club, face to face, or give me a call. 

Rob, let's not be silly... There is absolutely nothing personal here. I have a great amount of respect and time for your club - I would like to think you'd only have to ask your Secretary and Trelawny League administrators that!

You've stated that you're unhappy with referees, I've stated that referees get grumpy with players. So you guys can have a say but referees can't? If (as you suggest) you keep getting inconsistent referees, I've merely suggested it might be worth looking a bit closer to home if that is the case. Unfortunately, it's not me who has made a personal (insulting) comment on this thread. 

Let's also just bare in mind that I have a number of hats - not just a referee one so I would like to think my opinion is actually rather relevant.

More referees should come on here and say what they think. They/we are not FA employees however many don't comment though fear of reprisal.