Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Fixtures and Table - Saturday 8th December 2018

League Results for
Saturday 8th December 2018 
Carharrack p-p Porthleven Reserves
Lizard Argyle p-p West Cornwall 
Mullion 0-1 St Agnes (Dan Lord)
Att - 33
Pendeen Rovers 0-4 Falmouth Town Reserves (Brodie Kemp 2, Rhys Allan, Gavin Perraton)
Att - 15
Penryn Athletic p-p Perranwell 
Perranporth (Justin Searle 2, Jacob Springall, Luke Wort) 4-2 St Ives Town (James De Seta, Simon Stevens) 
Att - 45
RNAS Culdrose (Alan McIness 2, Kent Merritt) 3-1 Redruth United (Tom Craze)
Att - 10
St Day (Dan Richards) 1-2 Illogan RBL (Jack Adams, Jason Roberts) 
Att - 90
St Just (Ahsley Ellis) 1-2 Hayle (Rob Johns, Zack Williams)
Att - 30
Wendron United Reserves (Ben Coleman, Jack Noy) 2-1 Helston Athletic Reserves (Tom Russell)
Att - 22

5pm on 8/12/18
POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 21 14 2 5 77 26 51 44
2 PERRANPORTH 16 13 1 2 57 17 40 40
3 HELSTON ATHLETIC RESERVES 19 12 1 6 65 33 32 37
4 HAYLE 17 12 0 5 57 23 34 36
5 ST DAY 19 11 3 5 51 37 14 36
6 ST IVES TOWN 16 11 2 3 50 17 33 35
7 PENRYN ATHLETIC 16 10 2 4 59 16 43 34*
8 PERRANWELL 15 10 0 5 32 16 16 30
9 ILLOGAN RBL 16 8 2 6 42 26 16 26
10 MULLION 17 7 0 10 21 36 -15 21
11 ST AGNES 18 6 3 9 38 56 -18 21
12 RNAS CULDROSE 17 6 3 7 24 47 -23 21
13 LIZARD ARGYLE 17 6 2 9 39 39 0 20
14 ST JUST 15 5 4 6 34 32 2 19
15 PENDEEN ROVERS 17 6 1 10 38 44 -6 19
16 WENDRON UNITED RESERVES 17 5 4 8 39 45 -6 19
17 REDRUTH UNITED 18 5 1 12 28 63 -35 16
18 WEST CORNWALL 14 1 3 10 15 57 -42 6
19 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 16 2 0 14 22 89 -67 6
20 CARHARRACK 16 0 4 11 16 85 -69 0*

59 minutes ago, Keith B said:

St Just v Hayle should go ahead. Not many games postponed at Lafrowda Park.

Natural field with a slope is a big plus with this weather.

Also geographically, the rain stops down there hours before the rest of the county.

You can also find that North coast vs  South coast can have a big difference in games played / cancelled. 

Let's hope for a dry 48 hours....lol.

41 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Bit more than a breeze down there sometimes ....BBBRRRR!!!!!!!!

Took a team down a few years ago to play their reserves. The goalkeeper was putting goal kicks over the half way line and they were going out for corners after 1 bounce 

7 hours ago, peggy78 said:

Took a team down a few years ago to play their reserves. The goalkeeper was putting goal kicks over the half way line and they were going out for corners after 1 bounce 

Similar thing at Halsetown some years ago. That was a bleak place when there was a wind. Before the game our keeper took a kick and the wind caught it and when it hit the ground it was behind the opposite goal!

3 hours ago, St Darren said:

Why was a corner given?  Did the ball get to half way line then blow backwards?

Yep, exactly that

2 hours ago, Keith B said:

A few seasons back the Tinner's keeper, then Andrew Curnow, kicked the ball out of hand up field over the halfway line and the wind carried the ball right back for him to catch again without moving.

Indirect free kick then? 😂

Thanks, CTB. Well last week at Hayle, if it hadn't been for their lights it would have been far too gloomy to play!

Seeing as how this gale is getting worse and Carharrack's game is off, I think I'll wuss out again this afternoon. As I have posted before, I heartily dislike a wind-affected game!

St.Just 1-2 Hayle scrappy game ,  Hayle were 1 down at half time , St . Just  adapted better to the conditions , Hayle used to much long ball at times which played into the tinners hands  ,  a great strike from Rob John's got Hayle level and that seemed to buck Hayle up  and they were pressing  the home team  at this time Hayle would settle for a point , a late strike by Zack William's in stoppage time  got the three points . Hayle were a bit out of sorts today but that was more to do with the tinners pressing the visitors , and winning most of the midfield  battle , good to see one or two players coming back from injury and Kieron Harris being involved in the warm up after his long injury problems  . Away win three points on the travels , well done lads to get a result at Lafrowda even when not playing their best football .

I'll certainly echo Alf's sentiments. We all wish Craig Clinton a speedy recovery, as he's suffered a broken collarbone in a really bad collision with Sam Emery of Illogan. 

Craig has put in some fantastic performances for us, over the last few seasons and may now require surgery as a result of the collision. Craig is self employed, which makes things even worse, with the financial loss. 

All the best, mate. 

20 hours ago, Scoffy said:

I echo Rob's comments, but also credit to you for the way you dealt with the situation, nasty to see any bad injuries especially to another member of the Union, hope to see you fit and playing  again soon Craig, take care

Got to  thank you scoffy for walking down to offer support and kind words to Craig he did say in hospital he really appreciated that the union is a bond and u deffo  showed that on Sat mate thanks from myself and Craig 👍 

On 10/12/2018 at 22:59, Rob Hosking said:

I'll certainly echo Alf's sentiments. We all wish Craig Clinton a speedy recovery, as he's suffered a broken collarbone in a really bad collision with Sam Emery of Illogan. 

Craig has put in some fantastic performances for us, over the last few seasons and may now require surgery as a result of the collision. Craig is self employed, which makes things even worse, with the financial loss. 

All the best, mate. 

Got to say massive thanks to you Rob for helping Craig on Sat I know he really appreciates your skilled help just shows every club needs a skilled  first aid person again our thanks to you 👍

4 hours ago, Big Clints said:

Got to  thank you scoffy for walking down to offer support and kind words to Craig he did say in hospital he really appreciated that the union is a bond and u deffo  showed that on Sat mate thanks from myself and Craig 👍 

Got to say massive thanks to you Rob for helping Craig on Sat I know he really appreciates your skilled help just shows every club needs a skilled  first aid person again our thanks to you 👍

It's not a problem, mate. I would have preferred a nice, quiet afternoon, but I'm glad that I was able to help and my fingers are crossed for Craig's surgery. 

As for the reports, sponge, it's really not worth it anymore. Over the last month we've fallen foul of some bizarre & contentious decisions from some officials, where results & player safety has been jeopardised, coupled with some below par performances, has effectively ended any chance of a title challenge from ourselves. 

We are no longer allowed an opinion on football, in case we're slated by anonymous keyboard warriors or other organisations. 

But, I will say, take nothing away from Perranwell, St Ives & Illogan who played well and took full advantage in those matches. 

And, there are some really good referees in the Cornish game, but a select few of less good ones, means that they don't get the praise they deserve. 

8 hours ago, Rob Hosking said:

It's not a problem, mate. I would have preferred a nice, quiet afternoon, but I'm glad that I was able to help and my fingers are crossed for Craig's surgery. 

As for the reports, sponge, it's really not worth it anymore. Over the last month we've fallen foul of some bizarre & contentious decisions from some officials, where results & player safety has been jeopardised, coupled with some below par performances, has effectively ended any chance of a title challenge from ourselves. 

We are no longer allowed an opinion on football, in case we're slated by anonymous keyboard warriors or other organisations. 

But, I will say, take nothing away from Perranwell, St Ives & Illogan who played well and took full advantage in those matches. 

And, there are some really good referees in the Cornish game, but a select few of less good ones, means that they don't get the praise they deserve. 

It sounds as though all of the recent games you have lost have not been your fault, that’s rotten luck..

A referee makes a call based on the actions of the players... Referees fault!

I've not had the pleasure of reffing St Day in Combo this season however, what I will say is that the two times that I reffed them last season, I didn't enjoy the games. Not because of the games themselves, but because of the attitudes of certain individuals. 

If you're not having much luck with the majority of officials, maybe you have to look at the conduct of the team?

Again, I've not reffed the team this season so I can't comment on it specifically, only past experience 

2 hours ago, Rob Hosking said:

Dave, are you saying that yourself or other officials change their application of the rules, due to the behaviour from vociferous players or supporters? 

I can't speak of others because I don't know how others tend to operate on a game by game basis... But I can tell you that I certainly don't change my application of law on my games - I do however change my tolerance levels to suit the actions of the players (actions and behaviour) and the atmosphere on the pitch. I would think every referee would agree that they do that.

3 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

I can't speak of others because I don't know how others tend to operate on a game by game basis... But I can tell you that I certainly don't change my application of law on my games - I do however change my tolerance levels to suit the actions of the players (actions and behaviour) and the atmosphere on the pitch. I would think every referee would agree that they do that.

Well said.

7 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

I thought as much 👍 

Don't make this personal, between yourself and St Day, Dave, as some of your comments are aimed solely at the club, removing your impartiality as a match official! 

My opinions are my own, not the clubs and I offered one solution to local football, which you obviously didn't like, but I've not mentioned your performances as an official. 

We have some great officials, such as George Pattison, Nigel Nicholls, Kevin Knowles & Marc Rose amongst others, who you should aspire to be like. I will also give a special mention to mr B Manning, I've forgotten his real name, but he officiated for a pre season friendly and was fantastic. 

As for forum members hiding behind names, to my knowledge they are not involved with the club, nor represent its views. So if you've a problem, Dave, please come and speak to myself or somebody from the club, face to face, or give me a call.