Cornwall Football Forum

Nostalgia should never be allowed to die! (Sorry Zac)

33 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Yep and time can play tricks with your memory.

Back in 1967/8 - I met a friend whilst in the Merchant Navy and our ship, the liner ss Oronsay, was in Los Angeles. She and I, along with another friend of hers, went on a day trip in her car and it broke down on a freeway about 60 miles out of LA.  A Highway Patrol car soon arrived. The police officer couldn't do anything for the car so we left it there with a flashing police light front and rear, whilst the officer took us to a filling station to enable us to arrange for the car to be picked up and, for a cab to take me back to my ship.

Exactly when this took place date wise, became the subject of debate between me and my friend recently whilst on the telephone, she living permanently in LA. I stated when this had occurred and she said I was wrong. I asserted that I was right and - she emailed me a photograph from her friends collection, taken on the day of me and my friend and there in the corner of the photo was the exact date and time the picture was taken. I was prepared to swear on my life that I was right and my friend wrong - egg all over the face as they say !!

Time can play tricks on the memory. Sorry if I've just bored you to tears :)

Zzzzzzz😂