Cornwall Football Forum

Junior cup last 16

I haven’t seen Penwith this season, although I’ve heard they’re looking good. I’ve seen illogan and foxhole - foxhole are the stronger side there in my opinion. Veryan.. I’m not so sure, struggling in the league and seem to have lost a lot of players. 

Teams from duchy were mentioning foxhole and St Mawgan being the teams to avoid, I think with their records that’s understandable. 

Teams from Trelawny I’ve heard you’d want to avoid are Penwith, illogan and even mousehole? 

for me illogan. plenty of experience and will bully most teams. saying that exiles are a very good team but there discipline let's them down. I would say mousehole could be there with there big squad but lack in the goal department. don't know much about the east but by looks of things foxhole are good this year . good luck the west teams . time for a west team to win it !

1 hour ago, cornishlegend said:

Illogan will be in for a tough game at st merryn. Tough place to go. Alot different to play at home. Box changing rooms in the dark. St merryn will be up for.it and they play there pitch well. 

If illogan are as good as most of the West people on here are making out, id expect them to win comfortably. No disrespect to st merryn but they are probably one of the weaker teams left 

You can’t take anything away from illogan, they are a very good side.  But I think you should come over and watch St Merryn vs Illogan, it will have the making of a great cup tie, with St Merryn looking very sharpe at the minute with new players added and some good wins under their belt. The whole club is buzzing and I think Illogan will have their work cut out against a very well organised side. Maybe being the underdogs is a good thing.

10 hours ago, No I in team said:

Haven’t seen them this season, not so much dark horses as they’re a Prem side and have started well. They will be a good match for anyone and their tie is 100% the tie of the round 

Dark horsese in the sense no one is talking about them or tipping them. Seen them play a couple of times. Mixture of youngsters and experience players..play some nice football. Some good ties in this round 

Let’s have a bit of fun and try guess some scores then:  

Gwinear Churchtown 2 v 1  North Petherwin

Polperro Res 4 v 1  Pensilva Res

Frogpool/Cusgarne 3 v 1 Veryan

Lostwithiel 2 v 0 Ludgvan Res

St Mawgan 2 v 1 Helston's Athletic Res

Mawnan 1 v 3 Foxhole Stars

Penwith Exiles 3 v 0 Mousehole Res

St Merryn 0 v 6 Illogan RBL Res

44 minutes ago, One Size- Fitz Hall said:

I’ll be honest, I think the biggest threat is Gwinear, not only are they decent at the drinking race after the game, if they need a goal in the game, they’ll just throw a extra man on to win the game.

Still crying then? 😂😂😂

Last 16, lovely. Look forward to having North Petherwin visiting us, hopefully a better bunch of lads than Boscastle 👋🏼👋🏼

17 hours ago, No I in team said:

Let’s have a bit of fun and try guess some scores then:  

Gwinear Churchtown 2 v 1  North Petherwin

Polperro Res 4 v 1  Pensilva Res

Frogpool/Cusgarne 3 v 1 Veryan

Lostwithiel 2 v 0 Ludgvan Res

St Mawgan 2 v 1 Helston's Athletic Res

Mawnan 1 v 3 Foxhole Stars

Penwith Exiles 3 v 0 Mousehole Res

St Merryn 0 v 6 Illogan RBL Res

Gwinear Churchtown 1v 3 North Petherwin

Polperro Res 2 v 0 Pensilva Res

Frogpool/Cusgarne 2v 1 Veryan

Lostwithiel 4 v 0 Ludgvan Res

St Mawgan 4 v 0 Helston's Athletic Res

Mawnan 3 v 2 Foxhole Stars

Penwith Exiles 4 v 1 Mousehole Res

St Merryn 0 v 3 Illogan RBL Res

• 4 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Asterix said:

Cracking ties, St Merryn very strong at home. Nice pitch, poor changing rooms but great atmosphere, just make sure you have a credit card for the pub "the farmers arms" £5 a pint of carlsberg 😯😪

Won't need to take any money as West Cornwall are playing Illogan apparently St Merryn played an ineligible player. 

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I have been called away on 'grampy' duties so will be appearing in Keynsham tomorrow !

I expect Colin will still head west destined for Mawnan

Very best of luck to all our Duchy teams - some of you will probably need it. I think it may be Trelawny's year but it is without doubt 'a funny old game' so i'm optimistically hoping  for at least three  in the last eight.