Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results - Saturday 1st December 2018

Results for
Saturday 1st December
Hayle (Cameron Irish 4, Liam Mooney 2, Zack Williams 2, Scott Date) 9-0 Carharrack 
Att - 50
Helston Athletic Reserves (Jamie Thompson, Tom Russell) 2-0 Pendeen Rovers 
Att - 55
Perranwell (Joe Ibbs-George 2, Dan Ferris) 3-0 Falmouth 
Town Reserves 
Att - 25
Porthleven Reserves P-P Wendron United Reserves 
Redruth United (Andy Bishop, Ben Widdershoven) 2-1 Mullion (Chris Blee)
Att - 15
RNAS Culdrose (Ricky Shivlock 2) 2-5 Lizard Argyle (Fred Williams 4, Dagan Vaghuan-Spruce)
Att - 20
St Ives Town (Max Davies, Joe Day) 2-1 St Day (Luke Hart) 
Att - 35 
West Cornwall (Robertas Šumnauskas, Liam Richardson) 2-2 St Just (Jack Willis, Shane Richards)
Att - 10

4 hours ago, Sponge said:

Are there cup games this weekend too? Not a full fixture list?

Cornwall Charity Cup

Bude Town   v   Illogan RBL

Dobwalls   v   Porthleven

Penryn Athletic   v   St Blazey

Penzance   v   Mousehole

Perranporth   v   Liskeard Athletic

Polperro   v   Ludgvan

Wadebridge Town   v   St Dennis

Wendron United   v   St Agnes

16 minutes ago, Roy D said:

Perranporth vs Liskeard off as Perran can't raise a side. Rumours that hard working gaffer Lee Denton will hand in his resignation due to a lack of effort & commitment from players. Sad day as Lee is a good bloke who has done alot for Perran. 

Where have you heard this Roy D? I have heard he is opening a new bar soon, maybe that’s where his focus is at the minute. Would be a shame though 

2 minutes ago, InBrendanWeTrust said:

I guess so. And as for Carharrack, they are doing just fine if you ask me! 

Yeah on par to the previous few seasons 🙈 for what they was left with Brian’s done a great job! I bet it’s not been easy for him tho. No loyalty left in football sadly 

2 minutes ago, Maler10 said:

You’re right sadly it won’t change!! And clubs get left in the shit in the mean time. 

Been the same for years though mate. Even at perran years ago when they had that poor year in peninsula west,  couldn’t have managed 10 points! Unfortunately it happens too often now, all about how well the club can bounce back. That’s when you really have to take your hats off to the volunteers that run a football club!

7 hours ago, Roy D said:

Perranporth vs Liskeard off as Perran can't raise a side. Rumours that hard working gaffer Lee Denton will hand in his resignation due to a lack of effort & commitment from players. Sad day as Lee is a good bloke who has done alot for Perran. 

So you are confirming that the game is off? And your nothing to do with either club.

8 minutes ago, Trispinho said:

I remember West Cornwall getting pelted by forum members a few weeks back for not being able to raise a side against St Day. Is it different when your a bigger club that you don't get slated?? 

Just asking.

It wasn't St.Day. You are correct though, very poor that Perranporth didn't promote any of the second team

League opening up for Penryn now, St.Day losing again, Falmouth slipping up and Perranporth not able to get a team together

Hayle 9, Carharrack 0.

Carharrack's woes continue. Any team will play below par if they have 5 first choice players unavailable, but when you are bottom of the league with no wins and three draws (one of which was a 0 - 0 due to failing to field a team for which you were docked three points!) it really shows. They did well to only concede 2 in the 2nd half, though I think Hayle were no longer trying too hard. Their 2 second-half goals (after 20 seconds and then in the game's 82nd minute) were sort of flukey, too: one of those far-post crosses that drops in the far top corner and a 40 yard "worldie" that the player might well have gone for in which case another 99 such attempts would end up in the car park or drop short into the 'keeper's hands! I lost count of the number of times Hayle hit the frame of the goal; then there were a couple of offside goals and three or four misses of the "my granny could have scored that one" category! Plus Ross in the Carharrack goal made some (more) fine saves.

Some of Carharrack's usual players who were available let the side down with a lack of spirit: the couldn't-care-less attitude that doesn't reflect well on them as individuals. Any scouts watching want to see a player's backbone in situations like that. Plus, as I was sitting under cover I did a bit of a performance analysis on one of the regulars and it makes horrendous reading, best buried!

1st half goals in minutes 2, 13, 15, 26 (really good far post headed goal), 30, 35, 45. Oh, and a penalty miss in the 4th minute.

Well reffed by that somewhat large young ref who didn't always get the respect he should have had.

Haven't been to the Hayle club for years. Fantastic playing facilities with the art. surface that their 2nd XI were playing on: superb fencing and it is obvious that more work is being done. Have they had grants from anywhere? Some of the seating in their little stand needs some tlc, but great lights (some other games kicking off at 2.30 must have finished in total gloom today!). Only grumble: poor catering. A drinks machine? It ran out of cups at half time and the barman couldn't get it to work thereafter - you don't get that with a human tea-lady (or should that be "tea-person"? Oh, sod it - no!) and no hot food. Still, all in all, I'd say a club on the up which is obviously working hard to get things right.

Edited by Tom Trust
correction and adition

2 hours ago, Cornish Dave said:

Not like st just to lose their temper when things don’t go smoothly 👍

What a shite comment that is.

st just had 3 sent off, not 4.  Tbh if you were there today you'd of seen it how it was, the game was poor tbh and the surface didn't help, however west Cornwall battled hard but there wasn't one bad tackle in the game and it certainly wasn't the st just players who lost the plot, 

afew of the west cornwall boys  said after the game 2 out the 3 decisions we're shocking. One decision was deserved, but in 23 years playing combo football I've never seen anything like I witnessed this afternoon. 

5 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

Hayle 9, Carharrack 0.

Carharrack's woes continue. Any team will play below par if they have 5 first choice players unavailable, but when you are bottom of the league with no wins and three draws (one of which was a 0 - 0 due to failing to field a team for which you were docked three points!) it really shows. They did well to only concede 2 in the 2nd half, though I think Hayle were no longer trying too hard. Their 2 second-half goals (after 20 seconds and then in the game's 82nd minute) were sort of flukey, too: one of those far-post crosses that drops in the far top corner and a 40 yard "worldie" that the player might well have gone for in which case another 99 such attempts would end up in the car park or drop short into the 'keeper's hands! I lost count of the number of times Hayle hit the frame of the goal; then there were a couple of offside goals and three or four misses of the "my granny could have scored that one" category! Plus Ross in the Carharrack goal made some (more) fine saves.

Some of Carharrack's usual players who were available let the side down with a lack of spirit: the couldn't-care-less attitude that doesn't reflect well on them as individuals. Any scouts watching want to see a player's backbone in situations like that. Plus, as I was sitting under cover I did a bit of a performance analysis on one of the regulars and it makes horrendous reading, best buried!

1st half goals in minutes 2, 13, 15, 26 (really good far post headed goal), 30, 35, 45. Oh, and a penalty miss in the 4th minute.

Well reffed by that somewhat large young ref who didn't always get the respect he should have had.

Haven't been to the Hayle club for years. Fantastic playing facilities with the art. surface that their 2nd XI were playing on: superb fencing and it is obvious that more work is being done. Have they had grants from anywhere? Some of the seating in their little stand needs some tlc, but great lights (some other games kicking off at 2.30 must have finished in total gloom today!). Only grumble: poor catering. A drinks machine? It ran out of cups at half time and the barman couldn't get it to work thereafter - you don't get that with a human tea-lady (or should that be "tea-person"? Oh, sod it - no!) and no hot food. Still, all in all, I'd say a club on the up which is obviously working hard to get things right.

Tom over all fair report ,  Elliot was the ref today and he managed the game well , especially late on after a carharrack  player had been booked earlier , he committed another foul , which on another day  would have resulted in another yellow followed by a red , ,  carharrack  did keep going and  tried to play football , as a club they are in a bit a pickle at the moment on the pitch , but hats off they put aside out today ,  even though they had players missing  , pluses for Hayle Cam back on the pitch afer missing games through injury , two sixteen years old  playing , James Stevens back on the pitch after last season's terrible leg break , Patch turning back the years  and playing at right back , , very one sided game today  ,  but three points all the same .

Perranwell 3 - Falmouth 0 - The Well at their counter attacking best having soaked up long periods of Falmouth pressure and great credit to Adam Hayne in goal for his man of the match performance, some fantastic saves and totally in command of his box. Two incisive breakaway goals finished by Joe Ibbs-George, the first after great work on the left from Chris Madeley firing a pinpoint ball across the box which was driven back into that far corner with the Falmouth keeper having no chance. The second another neat move straight from kick off in the second half, James Davies driving  the ball from the start, which Chris Madely flicked on to Matt Lane out on the right, first time ball into the box, again neatly finished by Joe just 15 seconds from the kick off. The Wells second goal came from a near post corner neatly flicked from the head of Dan Ferris past the stranded Falmouth keeper. Great credit to Falmouth who kept battling to the end and played some nice football, Gavin Perraton missed a penalty for Falmouth, driving the ball over the bar when the score was 0-0. A match that was a great advert for Combo football at its best.

16 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

Hayle 9, Carharrack 0.

Fair report Tom. I watched Carharrack last week - this was quite a different team with many usual players absent. Hayle played some sublime football first half - a pleasure to watch. not sure if they took the foot off the gas or Carharrack improved second half?!

The pen was not missed - the young lad in goal for Carharrack is something else - he made the save (hence corner given straight away). Hearing a lot of noise about this young lad - the score sheets certainly do not reflect his ability, but perhaps the teams?

CF for Hayle was different gravy as well - surely worthy of playing up a level or two?

Ref and both asst refs were consistent and fair; great advert for football. Thanks to Hayle, Carharrack and the officials

Fair play, Daveyboy. The pen went off to the right, I looked down to write  so missed the fact that it had been saved (poor eyesight!). Thought the corner had been due to a later touch by a defender. I thought it had hit the post but I noted that 'keeper had dived the right way. Yes, he's very good: gets a lot of practice! Brave as a lion, reactions to match.

P.S. Is there a Combo fixture list anywhere? They've removed dates from the scores matrix on their website, so where....?

Edited by Tom Trust
added text

On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 20:36, Neil Curnow said:

What a shite comment that is.

st just had 3 sent off, not 4.  Tbh if you were there today you'd of seen it how it was, the game was poor tbh and the surface didn't help, however west Cornwall battled hard but there wasn't one bad tackle in the game and it certainly wasn't the st just players who lost the plot, 

afew of the west cornwall boys  said after the game 2 out the 3 decisions we're shocking. One decision was deserved, but in 23 years playing combo football I've never seen anything like I witnessed this afternoon. 

" St Just had three sent off not four "

Quality