Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL & various cups - Saturday 1 December 2018

43 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

Yes Nige', Southern Road is a tough place to go as I see Exmouth have only conceded one SWPL goal there this season.

Listening to Andy on Radio C', he said Matt Buchan came on as sub and only lasted 5 minutews and I thought I heard him say Luke Johnson also injured which is going to be a testing time with all the forthcoming difficult fixtures.

I think most teams will pick up injuries with the pitch and weather conditions we are going to get now .shame about buchie getting injured again though .maybe that we need to recruit another striker ,if jack gets injured as well then we will have a big problem .

7 hours ago, Harry P said:

Come on Dave keep up   , obviously the older you get the better the eye sight is not !😂

Haha, I was in a conversation about another game at the time of that post, and posted the question I had just asked on another game we were talking about (multi tasking)

Or early onset dementia! take your pick...lol

16 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Yes Nige', Southern Road is a tough place to go as I see Exmouth have only conceded one SWPL goal there this season.

Listening to Andy on Radio C', he said Matt Buchan came on as sub and only lasted 5 minutews and I thought I heard him say Luke Johnson also injured which is going to be a testing time with all the forthcoming difficult fixtures.

Falmouth the best team to come to Southern Road this season in the League. Falmouth the better team in the first half and Town edging the second. As a nil nil, it was hell of a game. Both keepers made some great saves and the woodwork was battered a few times. As for the gimmick on the gate . the crowd was 216 or best league gate of the season so far. UTT

On 01/12/2018 at 11:59, leedsunited said:

On way & raining hard! A very tough ask Away against a Willand side who have only lost once all season in the Western League Premier Division. Three points from top spot with 3 games in hand shows the size of today's task for Bodmin. 

Not a bad effort in the end from a very average Bodmin team

13 minutes ago, herbie777 said:

Not a bad effort in the end from a very average Bodmin team

I should say so after reading on the SWPL forum : "Bodmin travelled with a sqiad down to the bare bones as several players signed recently were cup tied, add in a suspension and injuries and they only fielded 11 plus Darren Gilbert as the only substitute. "

23 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

I should say so after reading on the SWPL forum : "Bodmin travelled with a sqiad down to the bare bones as several players signed recently were cup tied, add in a suspension and injuries and they only fielded 11 plus Darren Gilbert as the only substitute. "

You'll have me in tears in a minute!

On 01/12/2018 at 19:59, Keith B said:

How do you know that sir ? I ask because I knew it well back in the 1970's / 80's when I was a police officer, stationed at nearby City Road police station.

Hi Keith, don't live too far away (Stoke Newington). Being a copper stationed at City Road in the 70's/80's must have been, how would you put it, "lively." 

1 hour ago, Keith B said:

Hello Way Of The Park - sorry I don't know your real name. Sorry too not to have read your post sooner, it's been a hectic few days. City Road police station in the 1970's /80's yes it was certainly very busy. Not sure it's still there now actually ? Stoke Newington - I was housed in the police section house as a single man at Stoke Newington, upon graduating from the police training school Hendon, and lived there for a year or so, before being moved to a section house in Hackney. 

Don't know how long you've lived in Stoke Newington, but I expect that too has changed since the 1970's. By going on Google Mapper street view, I notice that the whole area between City Road - Dalston - and Stoke Newington has changed in appearance very much indeed, with some of it looking very smart now.

If you like we can discuss it more via Personal Messaging, I'll  leave that to you to decide. By golly that all seems a life time away now. Best wishes ! :)

Hi Keith, would love to keep the conversation going, sounds fascinating.  I'll send you a DM via here.

Ian.

I've been a huge admirer of Falmouth last season and coming into this season, but i think (i hope i am wrong) the next 5/6 weeks will prove vital in the outcome of their season. Injuries, tough games, tricky conditions! With Annear gone, who will get the goals?! 

20 minutes ago, golong said:

I've been a huge admirer of Falmouth last season and coming into this season, but i think (i hope i am wrong) the next 5/6 weeks will prove vital in the outcome of their season. Injuries, tough games, tricky conditions! With Annear gone, who will get the goals?! 

Especially now that they cannot raise a full strength side.

21 minutes ago, golong said:

Think you speak for a lot of people (especially the Town fans), certainly an interesting period to come