Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL & various cups - Saturday 1 December 2018

FA VASE 3RD ROUND

Cadbury Heath   P-P   St Austell (now next Saturday)

Saltash United   P-P   Cribbs (now next Saturday)

Willand Rovers   3-0   Bodmin Town

CORNWALL CHARITY CUP 1ST ROUND

Bude Town   0-3   Illogan RBL

Dobwalls   2-3   Porthleven

Penryn Athletic   1-2   St Blazey

Penzance   5-3   Mousehole

Perranporth   A/W   Liskeard Athletic (Perranporth unable to raise a team)

Polperro   9-1   Ludgvan

Wadebridge Town   P-P   St Dennis

Wendron United   8-2   St Agnes

SWPL

PREMIER DIVISION

Cullompton Rangers 3-1 Torpoint Athletic    

Elburton Villa P-P Millbrook             

Exmouth Town 0-0 Falmouth Town

Newquay 1-0 Callington Town

Sticker 0-5 Ivybridge Town

Tavistock P-P Helston Athletic

DIVISION ONE EAST (2.15PM)

Appledore P-P Sidmouth Town        

Axminster Town 3-2 Brixham AFC   

Liverton United P-P Crediton United              

Stoke Gabriel 5-1 Honiton Town                      

Teignmouth P-P Waldon Athletic

DIVISION ONE WEST

Plymstock United 1-1 Plymouth Marjon

1 hour ago, Joe Slovo said:

Big game at Penlee Park where Penzance entertain Mousehole. Both sides have recently drawn 1-1 with top side Liskeard. 

& One of them losing at Bude !! 🤣

Just now, leedsunited said:

Bumper crowd expected Joe Slovo? I remember Penzance in the 70's getting in 500 plus for some games. A certain Mr.Mead at Centre Halve 

20 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Bumper crowd expected Joe Slovo? I remember Penzance in the 70's getting in 500 plus for some games. A certain Mr.Mead at Centre Halve 

John Richards,Tony Holman.Terry Williams as well.  Dave Stafford, **** Stanley. 

Just now, John Dunn said:

John Richards,Tony Holman.Terry Williams as well.  Dave Stafford, **** Stanley. 

Richard Stanley?

26 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Could be a lot of postponements this Saturday, weather forecast looks pretty bad down in the South West. Hope it's not the chaos of last season starting to play out again. 

Swpl has wisely played a lot of midweek games this autumn, whilst the weather was good. The Western league for some reason hasn’t. Parkway at start of season were given two midweek league fixtures and that was it. Do they really think most of  the scheduled Dec, Jan, Feb games will get played in those months. There will be fixture chaos again next spring and it will cost someone promotion, like what happened to Buckland!

1 hour ago, Rob1978 said:

Swpl has wisely played a lot of midweek games this autumn, whilst the weather was good. The Western league for some reason hasn’t. Parkway at start of season were given two midweek league fixtures and that was it. Do they really think most of  the scheduled Dec, Jan, Feb games will get played in those months. There will be fixture chaos again next spring and it will cost someone promotion, like what happened to Buckland!

Heard Adam Castle (then Buckland manager) being very critical of Western League over lack of early season midweek matches. He feels that it cost them promotion, but also raised serious point about player welfare as a result of fixture pile up.

32 minutes ago, THE BALD ONE said:

Interesting if games are on , how the teams will fair against Western league oposition .From what I have seen I will go for a win for St Austell , a draw for Saltash and a loss for Bodmin.

Been a very good season for SWPL clubs against step 5 sides in FA Cup and Vase (hopefully somebody can produce stats to support this). I'm going for St Austell and Saltash wins, but Bodmin to lose.

18 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Could be a lot of postponements this Saturday, weather forecast looks pretty bad down in the South West. Hope it's not the chaos of last season starting to play out again. 

This a worry WOTP, not helped by antiquated CCFA rules

Hi Dave, CCFA offer opportunity for clubs to refuse floodlights replays, I believe, and this in their showpiece cup competition.

Keep up the good work, I always appreciate the opportunity to read and occasionally comment, without being too personal, on this site

2 hours ago, shots said:

Hi Dave, CCFA offer opportunity for clubs to refuse floodlights replays, I believe, and this in their showpiece cup competition.

Keep up the good work, I always appreciate the opportunity to read and occasionally comment, without being too personal, on this site

If clubs have floodlights the clubs should use them and NO team should have the option of choosing not to play, what are the purpose floodlights?

On 28/11/2018 at 21:38, MTC said:

A £1 discount-is that really an attractive offer? - I would feel a little embarrassed at the gate showing anExeter Season ticket as proof of identity. Perhaps they could find a spare stub for the handful of Falmouth travellers after their 100+ mile journey.

If supporters want to go they will attend not because of the £1 that couldn't buy half a pint--but it has been a bit of a publicity stunt.

First game down-Perranporth unable to raise a side for the visit of Liskeard in the Charity Cup.

I would have waited for the overnight rain to make a decision and save the wrath of the CCFA

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

Can't raise a team, for a cup match against the team top of the league in the division above ..... nice little earner I would of thought for Perranporth. That's very poor as I was under the impression they were the Combination Leagues top club

I wonder if the 4-0 defeat to Liskeard only a couple of weeks ago made a few players think again? The daft thing about it is that for a large proportion of that game they competed well and but for a ten minute spell in the second half when Liskeard scored three, there wasn't too much in it!

1 hour ago, Mike Odgers said:

A £1 discount-is that really an attractive offer? - I would feel a little embarrassed at the gate showing anExeter Season ticket as proof of identity. Perhaps they could find a spare stub for the handful of Falmouth travellers after their 100+ mile journey.

If supporters want to go they will attend not because of the £1 that couldn't buy half a pint--but it has been a bit of a publicity stunt.

So ok I will bite. For Publicity stunt read marketing. Exeter City have no game on Saturday and by putting the offer on ,Exeter City have publicized the fixture on all forms of social media. We have plenty of City supporters attend Town games and we might get a few more with this sort of publicity. Sorry you dont like it ,but it takes all sorts. UTT UTC.   

1 hour ago, MTC said:

So ok I will bite. For Publicity stunt read marketing. Exeter City have no game on Saturday and by putting the offer on ,Exeter City have publicized the fixture on all forms of social media. We have plenty of City supporters attend Town games and we might get a few more with this sort of publicity. Sorry you dont like it ,but it takes all sorts. UTT UTC.   

Lots of people are too thick to understand marketing. Not every club is as forward thinking or progressive as Exmouth. Parkway have taken stick for marketing the club as well, but the clubs profile has never been higher. Once the leagues are split Exmouth will get to their rightful level, without being held up in the pyramid by big  spending, backward thinking clubs!

15 minutes ago, Rob1978 said:

Lots of people are too thick to understand marketing. Not every club is as forward thinking or progressive as Exmouth. Parkway have taken stick for marketing the club as well, but the clubs profile has never been higher. Once the leagues are split Exmouth will get to their rightful level, without being held up in the pyramid by big  spending, backward thinking clubs!

I could certainly name a few clubs down west that could do with some marketing !

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Also OFF-  Saltash v Cribbs

Rearranged for next Saturday (8th.Dec) and to be decided on the day -extra time and penalties if needed

Helston (off today v Tavistock) are  without a game for three Saturdays as they were due to entertain Saltash (8th.) and have no game on the 15th..

Exmouth v Falmouth declared ON this afternoon

On 28/11/2018 at 21:38, MTC said:

0-0 half time-Falmouth having the better chances in and end to end game with Nixon hitting the crossbar and upright in the same play

0-0 half time-Falmouth having the better chances in and end to end game with Nixon hitting the crossbar and upright in the same play

Finished 0--0  Exmouth with the best SWPL defensive record conceding only 12 goals--Ryan Barnes with a wonder save in the 90th.minute to deny Exmouth all the points.

Falmouth-Ryan Barnes-Dave Blizzard-Ollie Moody-Ryan Martt-Joe Cooper (C)-James Ward-Luke Johnson-Josh Richards-Jack Bowyer-Luke Brabyn-Tim Nixon.

Subs.Sam Pickup-Matt Buchan-David Broglino-Andrew Westgarth

James Ward makes his 100th.Falmouth first team appearance

Falmouth back up to 3rd.spot and Exmouth up to 4th.

1 minute ago, Mike Odgers said:

Finished 0--0  Exmouth with the best SWPL defensive record conceding only 12 goals

Falmouth-Ryan Barnes-Dave Blizzard-Ollie Moody-Ryan Martt-Joe Cooper (C)-James Ward-Luke Johnson-Josh Richards-Jack Bowyer-Luke Brabyn-Tim Nixon.

And the score was? 

11 minutes ago, mattelot said:

A bad day all round for leeds utd with bodmin losing and the 2 teams he loves to criticise and mock ,Newquay and st blazey both winning .😁

Don’t expect a response from Leeds, he tends to go away after Bodmin lose 🤷🏼‍♂️

30 minutes ago, mattelot said:

A bad day all round for leeds utd with bodmin losing and the 2 teams he loves to criticise and mock ,Newquay and st blazey both winning .😁

How is he mocking them by expressing his opinion? I see Falmouth dropped another two points today!

Finished 0--0  Exmouth with the best SWPL defensive record conceding only 12 goals--Ryan Barnes with a wonder save in the 90th.minute to deny Exmouth all the points.

Falmouth back up to 3rd.spot and Exmouth up to 4th.

A very good away point i think mike .not many teams that will get anything up there .👍

32 minutes ago, mattelot said:

A very good away point i think mike .not many teams that will get anything up there .👍

Yes Nige', Southern Road is a tough place to go as I see Exmouth have only conceded one SWPL goal there this season.

Listening to Andy on Radio C', he said Matt Buchan came on as sub and only lasted 5 minutews and I thought I heard him say Luke Johnson also injured which is going to be a testing time with all the forthcoming difficult fixtures.