Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth Town v Brixham (note ko 3pm)

3 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Brixham make their first ever visit to Bickland Park as Falmouth defend their hold on to the W C Parson SWP League Cup.

Brixham  who hold 6th. spot in SWPL 1 East Div. have won their last 5 league games scoring 24 goals and are expected to give Town a stern test  who could be without 5 key players.

According to sports page in Falmouth packet:

Luke Johnson cup tied. 

Martyn Duff and David Broglino are both injured. 

Ryan Barnes and Matt Buchan are unavailable. 

And I will miss the game as on children duties 🙁

5 hours ago, Mark Jones said:

According to sports page in Falmouth packet:

Luke Johnson cup tied. 

Martyn Duff and David Broglino are both injured. 

Ryan Barnes and Matt Buchan are unavailable. 

And I will miss the game as on children duties 🙁

6 players missing actually. No Josh Richards as well.

Town ground out a good result today considering who was missing and the conditions. It was a tough game and could have gone either way but in the end I think I Town just deserved the win. 

Have to say I thought the Brixham no.10 was the big threat and was a bit surprised and relieved when he was taken off midway through the second half.

I reckon Brixham would comfortably hold their own in the Premier division.

4 hours ago, Mark Jones said:

Starting lines up was:

Falmouth: A Rowbathan, D Blizzard, O Moody, R Martt, J Cooper, J Ward, L Brabyn, J Webber, J Bowyer, S Pickup, T Nixon.

Brixham: R Walton, J Spence, M Brooke, S Green, R O'Callaghan, G Dandridge, R Somers, L McAuley, R Bowker, C Bradley, S Robinson.

Falmouth Subs.-Andrew Westgarth-Tom Annear-Jackson Penallurick  Used--Not used James Miller

The current  Cornwall County  player Jackson Penhallurick came on for Ryan Martt to make his Falmouth debut and can he be related to Justin Penhallurick  ? who deputised for Greg "Spike" White (Goalkeeper) in 2001-02----thinking father and son !

24 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

Falmouth Subs.-Andrew Westgarth-Tom Annear-Jackson Penallurick  Used--Not used James Miller

The current  Cornwall County  player Jackson Penhallurick came on for Ryan Martt to make his Falmouth debut and can he be related to Justin Penhallurick  ? who deputised for Greg "Spike" White (Goalkeeper) in 2001-02----thinking father and son !

What club has he come from mike ?

10 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

He came on for 'Spike' in a F A vase tie at Ash United (Surrey)---'Spike' was seriously injured and hospitalised up there for a while and Justin played 7 games in his absence.

10 hours ago, skinner said:

Justin played in goal for Falmouth Athletic in a winning junior cup final

Falmouth Athletic Photo - Is that Justin in goal? A young Micky Westgarth is  second in. Some other well known names there too locally . Is that the junior cup final trophy in picture ? 

Having stalked Facebook Justin is a friend with Jackson - so father and son is possible or uncle lol 

05BDF418-9295-4124-8D5B-E952E401A34C.jpeg

14 hours ago, The Town Man said:

6 players missing actually. No Josh Richards as well.

Town ground out a good result today considering who was missing and the conditions. It was a tough game and could have gone either way but in the end I think I Town just deserved the win. 

Have to say I thought the Brixham no.10 was the big threat and was a bit surprised and relieved when he was taken off midway through the second half.

I reckon Brixham would comfortably hold their own in the Premier division.

Here’s an old link about Josh Richards. https://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/sport/15923172.youre-not-allowed-to-swear-or-appeal-to-the-ref-cornish-teenager-josh-richards-discusses-life-in-swedish-football/

hope its ok to paste the link

More respect to referees in Sweden and I’m guessing is Josh back Falmouth on a mid season break from Sweden ?