Cornwall Football Forum

Bond Timber Cornwall Junior Cup 3rd Round - Saturday Nov 24 2018

BOND TIMBER CORNWALL JUNIOR CUP, THIRD ROUND

Gwinear Church Town 4-3 Boscastle

Holywell And Cubert 1-2 Mousehole

Illogan RBL 7-0 St Breward

Mawnan 4-1 Penryn Athletic

Mevagissey 2-2 Lostwithiel (aet, 2-2 after 90 mins, Lostwithiel win 4-2 on pens)

Pensilva 5-1 Stoke Climsland

Penwith Exiles 4-1 Holman Sports Club

Polperro 2-1 St Day

St Cleer 5-5 Ludgvan (aet, 3-3 after 90 mins, Ludgvan win 3-2 on pens)

St Mawgan 3-0 Perranporth

St Merryn 1-0 West Cornwall Football Club

Sticker 1-5 Frogpool & Cusgarne

Stithians 0-4 Veryan

Threemilestone 0-3 Foxhole Stars

Tregrehan Mills 1-3 North Petherwin

Dominant display from North Petherwin to win 3-1 away to Tregarhan Mills the badgers should have won by more in a comfortable display with the hosts scoring late in the game through a long range effort taking a deflection into the bottom corner! Petherwin took the lead with a good team goal with mark gribble finishing in the bottom corner, the second coming in the start of the second half with ryan julian finishing from close range joe reeve made the game comfortable by finishing the game off! Petherwin sat off and a strong finish from the millers saw them score late on! We wish them all the best for the season 

St Cleer 5-5 Ludgvan Reserves (aet; Ludgvan won 3-2 on penalties)

Superb effort from the short-handed Hurlers, who made the long trip to St Cleer with a bare 11 due to a host of absences and injuries, but more-than-matched their hosts on the day. 

The score was level at 3-3 after 90 mins and then 5-5 after extra-time before Josh Stevens slapped Ludgvan into the next round from the spot. Well done boys!

Junior Cup

Sticker Reserves 1-5 Frogpool & Cusgarne 

Our best performance of the season couldn’t have come on a better day.

A beautiful pitch, a very good sized home crowd and pre match music set the scene of a spectacular match.

Sticker went a goal up after a good run on the left led to a shot smashing off the post, a striker on his toes smashed the ball home, leaving the Frogs pre match buzz in tatters for a few moments.

But they reacted well. A lovely Will Harding corner was met by Aaron Coveney - David Leach was on his toes to tuck away at the back post.

Leach put the frogs in front after some lovely work on the right hand side from the Coveney brothers. Adam Coveney played the ball across, Leach took a good touch and fired home.

His hat trick was a delightful one. A fierce run from Harding who played the ball to Leach. He lured the keeper out before delightfully chipping the goalkeeper. The Harding & Leach combination has been devastating all season.

The fourth came just before half time - high pressure from Sam Bromley and Tom Campbell gave Leach the opportunity for a shot at goal, but instead he played a cutting disguised ball to Jack Froud who Cooly tucked away.

A truly stunning first half performance.

The second half we were gritty, with the likes of Lewis Bax, Charlie Martin and Jordan Phillipps working hard to win challenge after challenge.

Our fifth goal seemed to kill the game.

Sam Blackwood came on off the bench for his debut. Just thirty seconds later, fellow substitute Sam Macwilliam won a big header, allowing Blackwood to round the goalkeeper with his first touch for the club, and calmly tuck away with his second - a perfect debut from the 19-year-old who has fit straight in.

An outstanding performance from the whole squad. But it was agreed that Tom Campbell deserved the man of the match award, his half time team talk is still ringing through most of our heads.

A huge thank you to Lee Booker for a solid display in goal. The referee also had a good game and thank you to Sticker for hosting. Buzzing for the next round now.

Up the Frogs 🐸

7 minutes ago, Tempo said:

Junior Cup

Sticker Reserves 1-5 Frogpool & Cusgarne 

Our best performance of the season couldn’t have come on a better day.

A beautiful pitch, a very good sized home crowd and pre match music set the scene of a spectacular match.

Sticker went a goal up after a good run on the left led to a shot smashing off the post, a striker on his toes smashed the ball home, leaving the Frogs pre match buzz in tatters for a few moments.

But they reacted well. A lovely Will Harding corner was met by Aaron Coveney - David Leach was on his toes to tuck away at the back post.

Leach put the frogs in front after some lovely work on the right hand side from the Coveney brothers. Adam Coveney played the ball across, Leach took a good touch and fired home.

His hat trick was a delightful one. A fierce run from Harding who played the ball to Leach. He lured the keeper out before delightfully chipping the goalkeeper. The Harding & Leach combination has been devastating all season.

The fourth came just before half time - high pressure from Sam Bromley and Tom Campbell gave Leach the opportunity for a shot at goal, but instead he played a cutting disguised ball to Jack Froud who Cooly tucked away.

A truly stunning first half performance.

The second half we were gritty, with the likes of Lewis Bax, Charlie Martin and Jordan Phillipps working hard to win challenge after challenge.

Our fifth goal seemed to kill the game.

Sam Blackwood came on off the bench for his debut. Just thirty seconds later, fellow substitute Sam Macwilliam won a big header, allowing Blackwood to round the goalkeeper with his first touch for the club, and calmly tuck away with his second - a perfect debut from the 19-year-old who has fit straight in.

An outstanding performance from the whole squad. But it was agreed that Tom Campbell deserved the man of the match award, his half time team talk is still ringing through most of our heads.

A huge thank you to Lee Booker for a solid display in goal. The referee also had a good game and thank you to Sticker for hosting. Buzzing for the next round now.

Up the Frogs 🐸

Great scalp for Frogpool with Sticker sitting at the top of the Duchy Premier division!

Gwinear Church Town 4 - 3 Boscastle

Another enjoyable trip down west for me and the chairman - just the wrong result. Superb hospitality and spread at the Royal Standard, i felt obliged to sample a pint or two.

Gwinear dominated the first half and deserved their 2 - 0 lead but Boscastle did miss a great chance to pull one back just before the break. The visitors were much better in the second half scoring after a few minutes but Gwinear replied straight away and the game was finely balanced at 3 - 2.

Then came the sour part of the day - Gwinear's fourth goal. Judging by the apologies from three Gwinear players after the game it is pretty clear that a spectator knocked the ball back into play while the Boscastle defence had stopped for a throw in. Impossible for the referee to see what happened and apparently the linesman didn't spot it so the goal stood. I suspect somebody is feeling pleased with themselves tonight when they shouldn't be. 

Boscastle did get another late goal but too late to affect the outcome. All in all Gwinear were slightly stronger and played with a bit more purpose and were particularly troublesome down the left wing.. A couple of possible penalty shouts may have gone Boscastle's way on another day but that's just the way the game goes - sometimes you just have to do that bit more to get a result. 

4-1 to Mawnan , certainly does not reflect the game , Penryn being reduced to 9 men after about 20 mins , and then losing 2 key players to injury in first half .

looked like it was going to one of them days at half time for penryn !

but they came out 2nd half and played their socks off and certainly showed why they are one of the top teams in junior football,  they got back into the game and really should of made it all square with 5 mins to go. Mawnan killed the game off but certainly was made to work hard by the 9 men of penryn.

the squads across both teams shows the standard of the Trelawney prem this season 

also I have never seen so many gingers and greys hairs on one pitch before

12 minutes ago, GEACH1 said:

4-1 to Mawnan , certainly does not reflect the game , Penryn being reduced to 9 men after about 20 mins , and then losing 2 key players to injury in first half .

looked like it was going to one of them days at half time for penryn !

but they came out 2nd half and played their socks off and certainly showed why they are one of the top teams in junior football,  they got back into the game and really should of made it all square with 5 mins to go. Mawnan killed the game off but certainly was made to work hard by the 9 men of penryn.

the squads across both teams shows the standard of the Trelawney prem this season 

also I have never seen so many gingers and greys hairs on one pitch before

Why were they reduced to 9 men??

2 red cards , 1 for a challenge , I didn't see it so cant say, and one for dissent I think for disagreeing with the 1st red. 

certainly wasn't a Penwith vs mabe game , where the 9 men went on to win the cup going down as one of the greatest match in Trelawney league history

9 minutes ago, GEACH1 said:

2 red cards , 1 for a challenge , I didn't see it so cant say, and one for dissent I think for disagreeing with the 1st red. 

certainly wasn't a Penwith vs mabe game , where the 9 men went on to win the cup going down as one of the greatest match in Trelawney league history

Such a shame the train has come off the tracks at penryn 🙄🙄, who got the reds??  And no they couldn’t pull something like that off that’s for sure 😂

8 minutes ago, number 6 said:

Such a shame the train has come off the tracks at penryn 🙄🙄, who got the reds??  And no they couldn’t pull something like that off that’s for sure 😂

There no train leaving any track no 6 we played well and two silly decisions cost us. But we will be up there fighting. A new team, with a great attitude. Absolutely silly decisions by players BUT! The rest of the squad showed what football is all about! Hard work and determination. Mawnan are a top side, a side that beat you in the final one season and they have only got stronger since then! Penryn will prove there worth. See you soon 

**there’s

You might be up there fighting but by the sounds of it you’ll be fighting with the officials...A great attitude?? 2 players got sent off today, one of them was for being abusive to a man who gave up potentially his day away from his family to ensure players can do what they enjoy on a Saturday, and how does your squad with a great attitude thank him?? By using foul and abbusive language and attempting to attack him, if that’s the kind of team you’ve raised we’ll shame on you, that poor man, without him that game wouldn’t of been played, but I suppose In that case you would still be in the cup 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️😂😂

33 minutes ago, number 6 said:

**there’s

You might be up there fighting but by the sounds of it you’ll be fighting with the officials...A great attitude?? 2 players got sent off today, one of them was for being abusive to a man who gave up potentially his day away from his family to ensure players can do what they enjoy on a Saturday, and how does your squad with a great attitude thank him?? By using foul and abbusive language and attempting to attack him, if that’s the kind of team you’ve raised we’ll shame on you, that poor man, without him that game wouldn’t of been played, but I suppose In that case you would still be in the cup 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️😂😂

Keen for his reply. It’s taking him long enough so I’m guessing it’s going to be a good one 👀

37 minutes ago, number 6 said:

**there’s

3 minutes ago, Danielburt8 said:

Keen for his reply. It’s taking him long enough so I’m guessing it’s going to be a good one 👀

Sounds like you need to change your name to Penwith Angels!!

I hope you will be card free for the season. 

7 minutes ago, ian beale said:

Penwith exiles coming on the forum talking about verbal and physical abuse has to be one of the most contradicting things since Dave bartlem got sin binned a couple of weeks ago. 

Ian Beale coming on the forum with yet more digs at Penrith exiles how unpredictable 🤔

12 minutes ago, Ron Manager said:

Sounds like you need to change your name to Penwith Angels!!

I hope you will be card free for the season. 

Oh I am not saying we are angels at all, it’s just crazy how quiet it is because Penrith exiles aren’t the team in question, if they were all the keyboard warriors would be out saying how we are a disgrace and should be kicked from the leagues 🤔

And don’t worry he will be card free all season considering he’s sitting on the bench for mousehole reserves now...traitor 

5 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Oh the memories :(

Sometimes when old age gets the best of you and so does pride you have to do what’s best and instead of asking to be subbed you get intentionally sin binned, it’s  understandable 😂

Threemilestone 0, Foxhole 3.

Foxhole were already 1-0 up when i arrived, the goal scored after 3 minutes. From the time i arrived Threemilestone were giving their unbeaten Duchy Premier league high flyers a good game, but were under alot of pressure from the away side and were relying on good defending to keep them in the game. going forward Tms played some nice football but lacked the final shot that could trouble the keeper. Foxhole were a bit more direct using the pace of experienced forward Richard Griffin to cause the Stones problems, although they coped with it well in the first half with some good last minute interceptions.

Fifteen minutes into the second half the game was won by Foxhole. Firstly several errors in the Tms defence in trying to clear a cross from the left, the ball fell to Benno Bould who fired home from the edge of the area. Then 3 minutes later Griffin lobbed the keeper to put the game to bed. Despite a spirited effort from Tms to get back into the game, they never really tested the Foxes keeper. Sam Vage was my man of the match for Threemilestone although i thought the whole back four played very well considering they were under pressure for long periods of the game.

Foxhole look like a team that could be in with a shout of going all the way in the cup this year.

Att 20.

Pensilva 5 Stoke Climsland 1

excellent performance from the underdogs  1-1 at half time,  came out in 2nd half and played superb football goals from Neil Kennedy(pen) Andrew Cobb and a fine Hat trick by young Zak Mitchell. One of our best Performances for a long time. Referee Ian Spurling did a good job in the middle.  

1 hour ago, straycats said:

Pensilva 5 Stoke Climsland 1

excellent performance from the underdogs  1-1 at half time,  came out in 2nd half and played superb football goals from Neil Kennedy(pen) Andrew Cobb and a fine Hat trick by young Zak Mitchell. One of our best Performances for a long time. Referee Ian Spurling did a good job in the middle.  

Well done pensilva

34 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Can everyone please check your result is showing as correct at top of thread. Not all are showing on the Cornwall FA site yet.

I'm particularly interested in ensuring the two ties that went to penalty shoot-outs are correct : namely Mevagissey v Lostwithiel and St Cleer v Ludgvan.

Cheers

Just to confirm the Ludgvan result is correct.

Losty beat Meva 3-2 on pen after a 2-2 draw. Typical Junior cup tie. We were 2-0 up and coasting and took our foot off the gas and Meva got on the front foot and pulled 1 back. With Meva now on top they equalised in the last minute. Extra time was end to end with plenty of goalmouth action but somehow no goals. We fortunately sneaked home on pens. Well played to Meva for a great effort and they probably deserved to win.

On 24/11/2018 at 19:48, number 6 said:

**there’s

**** off mate 😂😂😂 you not remember what you were like your first game of the season against us. 

12 minutes ago, Postman Pat said:

Plenty of respect yesterday I heard Dave. And I know you can’t answer but from what I heard it was disgusting

It's getting worse. 

I've already told Paul M not to put me on anymore games for the foreseeable future - I'm not prepared to give up my Saturdays for that sort of thing. 

Football isn't what it used to be down here anymore - and that's just 15 years experience talking.  All I'll say on this particular matter is that I hope that the resulting disciplinary action is appropriate. There must be a strong deterrent in place to at least try and prevent that sort of rubbish from happening. 

Gwin (Trelawney 2) 4-3 Boscastle (Duchy Prem)

What a cup tie. Had it all. 
We started the game well against a difficult opposition. We went 1-0 up through a clinical finish from Billy Foster. We then doubled the lead where Derek Pickin finished cooly just after the first. 
We dominated the first half I thought, a couple lapses of concentration gave them a couple openings but nothing major. 
HT 2-0
Boscastle come out of the blocks very well and get one back to make it 2-1. Decent finish from a corner. We then get the 2 goal cushion from a breakaway goal from star man Foster with a quality finish. Boscastle then get the game going again with another goal from a cross. Then came the controversy. The ball got played over to Foster who did well to keep the ball in and play through Jack Whitcombe to score the winner. BUT Boscastle thought it went out or one of our supporters kept it in. The supporter didn’t kick it at all, Foster had a great touch. The ball may have gone out of play but was tight and to be honest I don’t really care as we won the game, but with their moaning to the ref; there was a lot of delay in the awarding of the goal but it was given. They got a consolation goal at the end. 
But all in all we deserved the win and I’m proud of every single lad in my team. Boscastle were sore losers but understandable after losing to lower league opposition and deservedly. 
Things got heated towards the end but it was expected in such a fierce game. Only shame was their manager trying to carry it on in the pub after but who cares; we’re through, gone the furthest Gwin have ever been in the junior cup and we cannot wait for the next draw. 
I think the boys were all very rough yesterday after a very enjoyable night out celebrating. 

What a quality performance from the boys! And well done to all the other West sides on progressing! 

MOM Billy Foster, 2 goals, 2 assists. 
**** of Day - Billy Foster, foul throw 🙈

Fourlanes away next week, another massive game. 

22 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

Plenty of respect yesterday I heard Dave. And I know you can’t answer but from what I heard it was disgusting

Dave handled himself very well and made the right dicision thats for sure. It's just a shame the other team were so abusive to him when he made those calls and to our team and its players/managers like that stopping new refs coming through and causes long serving/decent refs to quit.

15 hours ago, number 6 said:

Just messaged Jason busby he assures me that he is not responsible for these messages.Ive also messaged the admin on the forum to see if we can sort this out as it all looks very distasteful!

To the ludgvan lads looking forward to Saturday and there will be no two footing of players and I hope we can have a decent game