Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Result 12/01/09

Arthur Pearce Cup

Storm 7 Chacewater Res 3 h/t 2-1

A good end to end match played in a competitive but friendly manner.Chacewater had two early chances kicked off the line but then conceeded a header from a free-kick and a low shot from 25 yards.Chacewater pulled one back before half time through Nigel Martyn and also pulled back to 4-2 with six minutes left in the game but three goals in a many minutes by Storm as the visitors went chasing the match gave the scoreline a rather flattering look.Storm as one would expect of a Division One team were the better side but Chacewater from Division Three gave it a real go and can hold their heads high.

St Agnes 3rd V Marazion

Pitch inspection at Chiverton 11am, and pitch was considered fit to play - referee telephoned at 12.30 to ask if game was still on as he didn't want to come to St Agnes and waste his time and our money - ref arrives - both teams present - ref decides pitch not playable - St Agnes pay ref and everyone has to go home - our main pitch was far worse than the one at Chiverton but ref considered it suitable to play on - Enys Parc is now wrecked - is there any clear guide line please on the difference so apparently displayed between two referees assessments of pitch suitability?

I have put this on the main forum to see if someone can give us a sensible answer with some advice as to how we deal with such varying decisions.

Ha ha! I don't think you'll find any guide lines that are adhered to by all.

I say this recalling last season when St Blazey v Newquay was called off with a pitch that was adjudged to be possibly dangerous while we saw photos later the same day of a pitch Truro played on which was virtually a swimming pool!

Guest Sullivan

Threemilestone 5 - 0 Wendron

Cup game, don't know which though! Wendron played well but it was always going to be TMS in the driving seat.

TMS scorers were Ryan Stevens, Mark Taylor (2) and Sulli Gardner (2)

19 goals in three games!!!

Madron 2 - 4 Threemilestone Reserves

TMS Res scorers were Patty, Josh ? (3)

:thumbsup:

yes sully put is top minig 3 madron 2-4 tms res

was horrible pitch,conditions.linesmen,ref,i scored the opener then josh turner scored a hat trick to seal the points

martyn jay left out squad again,last seasons best player with out a doubt now rotting away on bench due to a rift with player manager matti far availble for transfer now!! :c:

ARTHUR PEARCE CUP.

Threemilestone 5, Wendron 0. :thumbsup:

Four Lanes v Illogan -OFF-

Trispen v Mousehole -OFF-

Storm 7, Chacewater 3.

Newlyn NA 1, Trevenson 3.

New Park Rangers v Portreath -OFF-

Pendeen v Spice of Life -OFF-

Mount Ambrose v Madron -OFF-

DIVISION 1.

Goonhavern 0, Troon 8.

Gwinear 1 Halsetown 4

Redruth v St Ives -OFF-

Robartes v Gulval -OFF-

DIVISION 2.

C.S.M v Goonhavern -OFF-

Mousehole 2, Trispen 3.

St Agnes v Marazion -OFF-

St Buryan 5, Sennen 1.

DIVISION 3.

Gulval 2, Cornish New Boys 3.

Madron 2, Threemilestone 4. :clapper:

Newlyn NA v Crown Inn Glory -OFF-

Portreath v Redruth -OFF-

St Ives Mariners 5, St Buryan 1.

Storm 12, Titans 2.

Guest postman pat

bad day for the titans yesterday against storm who played really well going forward.

what about the weather on a pitch that has had very little use all season at praze,when you tried to pass the ball it changed from white to brown as it rolled.thanks for the food in the pub and good luck for the rest of the season.

surely we cannot play that badly next week!!!!!!! :c::drink: :clapper:

Thanks, I've sent this off to the Cornishman....

Gulval Res. 2 Cornish New Boys 3

In this seven goal thriller, CNB got with 3 points in this muddy affair. Gulval started well, creating several early chances and going 2 nil up thanks to efforts by Stuart Cooper and a slice of luck through Tom Mockford. But failing to score a third when applying pressure always meant CNB were in the game, and before half time, Ryan Hooper had pulled one back. CNB started well in the second half, and Rob Smith deservedly equalised. The away team grabbed the winner with a fiercely taken free kick on the edge of the box by Tom Edens. Late Gulval pressure failed to obtain the equaliser. Well refereed by Simon Harris.

In this seven goal thriller, CNB got with 3 points in this muddy affair. Gulval started well, creating several early chances and going 2 nil up thanks to efforts by Stuart Cooper and a slice of luck through Tom Mockford. But failing to score a third when applying pressure always meant CNB were in the game, and before half time, Ryan Hooper had pulled one back. CNB started well in the second half, and Rob Smith deservedly equalised. The away team grabbed the winner with a fiercely taken free kick on the edge of the box by Tom Edens. Late Gulval pressure failed to obtain the equaliser. Well refereed by Simon Harris.

Well thanks for that good write up nice to see that u r gracious about it, but just checking, you didnt put 7 goal thriller like it says on your message did you? hopefully you put 5 goal thriller? :( :blink:

Well thanks for that good write up nice to see that u r gracious about it, but just checking, you didnt put 7 goal thriller like it says on your message did you? hopefully you put 5 goal thriller? :(:blink:

Mangle, learn to count. Oh, and is all that you've got to say "thanks to efforts by Stuart Cooper". You've NEVER seen a goal as good as the one I scored on saturday. Well maybe the one you saw me score at Illogan a few years back OR the one I got at St Buryan last week or the one I scored before that :D . What is a "tap in"?.. :c:

Bollocks. Excuse the French. I'll send them a correction to see if they will spare my blushes. It's ok, I only work with numbers all day long.

And Coopsie, it was a good goal, but I've only got a 100 words to write the whole thing in (that's what the Cornishman want you to aim for) so it can be a little difficult fitting in all the superlatives that are required to describe your outstanding contributions each week.

Bollocks. Excuse the French. I'll send them a correction to see if they will spare my blushes. It's ok, I only work with numbers all day long.

And Coopsie, it was a good goal, but I've only got a 100 words to write the whole thing in (that's what the Cornishman want you to aim for) so it can be a little difficult fitting in all the superlatives that are required to describe your outstanding contributions each week.

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm there young Mangle?. :SM_carton_y: