Cornwall Football Forum

Is this forum becoming a farce?

This is why I have concern about some of the value of recent contributions to the forum. I thought I would share this message I received yesterday:-

Hey Dave 
Just reading the forum.
You’ve got a very valid point in regards deleting the registration of stupid wind up merchants 
If people hide behind parody accounts it turns it into a farce 

All email registrations to the forum should be accompanied by a form of iD - be it a driving license or even just a bank card - to verify 

I know of at least 7/8 people well versed in local football that will not use it because there is zero accountability from certain posts and users 

It’s a shame and would be far far better off if people used aliases but at least they were known at registration level

I don’t know if any other forum where an anonymous sign up is possible 
It’s bred vitriol and animosity and of course internet trolls 

The only users to disagree with those rules would be the ones that have something to hide ... 

Just a thought 

Hope you’re well 
All the best

How about another suggestion...... How about completely ignoring the idiots on here.  Big Al for example, how about not even responding to a single thing he/she posts?  Soon enough if not a single soul responds to their comments, they will soon stop posting.  It really is as easy as that.  I stopped responding and even reading Big Als posts  long time ago.  My suggestion is everyone else follow suit.

When I first signed up there was a post to introduce yourself. So even if you didn't use your real name on the forum,  on the 'introduce yourself' thread there would be a little bit about you....real name, club/ supporter/ref , professional club ect.  At least you knew who you were talking too or who was abusing you. 

P.S. Sorry for any grammer or spelling mistakes 😎

1 hour ago, Goldeneye said:

I thought I would never say this, but I agree with Older when he says that this forum is like being at a football match!

There's your answer, problem identified, we all know what is happening with crowd numbers at football matches, does anyone really want the forum to go down that road ?
Your second comment confirms the need for improvement.

I think the main issue is a vast majority of topics on this forum no matter what the opening subject is about turn into Cornwall FA bashing or taken over by certain individuals banging on about the same old things (Big Al). It all becomes a bit boring and farsical. As mentioned above, whenever certain individuals become involved i generally don’t respond and avoid reading that topic any further, if others do that, said parody/troll/fake accounts will soon lose interest 

A warning system for inappropriate content would be good. 

1st offence - a private warning. 2nd offence - a week ban. 3rd offence - cancellation of registration.

I would say add a few more forum moderators however I'm of the opinion at least one of the three(?) check content on a regular basis.

Anything personal should be removed immediately. Comments relating to football matches and organisations/officials etc should be closely monitored and removed if they overstep the mark.

You couldn't police ID checks etc - your workload would go sky high. However, I do believe that a contributor should be held accountable for what they say so whilst their display name could be whatever they like, their real name should also be visible for all to see.

13 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

You couldn't police ID checks etc - your workload would go sky high. However, I do believe that a contributor should be held accountable for what they say so whilst their display name could be whatever they like, their real name should also be visible for all to see.

You can't do that without asking people's permission due to the new GDPR laws. It's a very fine line these days, and I'd hate to see the forum getting wrapped up in something wrong 

29 minutes ago, gingerninja said:

You can't do that without asking people's permission due to the new GDPR laws. It's a very fine line these days, and I'd hate to see the forum getting wrapped up in something wrong 

Fully aware of that as we use the fully Whole Game registration process in the Trelawny League which requires stringent ID checks. ID checks on a forum would never work.

Personally, I enjoy the majority of content by all members on here. Some of it is utter tosh, but you're going to get that anywhere 

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣

You people make me laugh. Caught ya! Why on earth should we change the best forum around for debating the local game.

Yeahhhh harden up and avoid the thaw! 

You may feel that you have caught people out, but perhaps it would make good sense to take note of the honestly felt opinions of some contributers, about the direction in which the forum is heading, if abusive personal comments are allowed to continue unabated.

6 minutes ago, We Two said:

You may feel that you have caught people out, but perhaps it would make good sense to take note of the honestly felt opinions of some contributers, about the direction in which the forum is heading, if abusive personal comments are allowed to continue unabated.

I get them all the time, some very personal attacks, but it's water off a ducks back for me, like I have said Truth will always hurt people in denial. Always speak up for what you believe in & voice your opinions. God speed. 

4 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

I get them all the time, some very personal attacks, but it's water off a ducks back for me, like I have said Truth will always hurt people in denial. Always speak up for what you believe in & voice your opinions. God speed. 

Even if somebody else gets the malicious phone calls in the middle of the night eh ?

22 minutes ago, THE BALD ONE said:

What was the point of starting this Dave. You are meant to be the sensible one.

I thought I would waste everyone’s time by starting and continuing a thread that had nothing to do with football! 😀👍

30 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Get away, he was testing the water with that post, not enough support to follow it through. 

GOTCHA Dave. 

If you mean the very first post - no way. We don’t want to get bogged down with taking id etc!

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

I thought I would waste everyone’s time by starting and continuing a thread that had nothing to do with football! 😀👍

If you mean the very first post - no way. We don’t want to get bogged down with taking id etc!

You can only fool some of the people - some of the time.......lol

9 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

And there we were thinking that FOOTBALL was the purpose of the forum, and that meaningless threads that in the main have no connection with FOOTBALL, should be discouraged.
Oh well we live and learn 🙄

1 hour ago, We Two said:

And there we were thinking that FOOTBALL was the purpose of the forum, and that meaningless threads that in the main have no connection with FOOTBALL, should be discouraged.
Oh well we live and learn 🙄

Exactly! No more meaningless threads or posts will be tolerated! Chat football or face shut down and enjoy the lock in! 😀