Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League & Cups - Saturday 10 November 2018

PREMIER DIVISION
Camborne SoM    2-1    Mousehole Reserves
Halsetown    3-4    Penwith Exiles
Holman SC    1-0    Stithians (game awarded to Stithians due to ineligible player)    
St Agnes Res    P-P    Penryn Athletic Reserves
St Day Reserves    1-1    Troon

DIVISION 1
Lanner        0-7    Perranporth Reserves
Newlyn Lions    P-P    Goonhavern Athletic
RNAS Culdrose Res 1-2    Newlyn Non-Athletico
Wendron Utd 3rds 1-0    Hayle Reserves

DIVISION 2
Falmouth DC    2-3    Illogan RBL Thirds
Ludgvan Res    3-3    Ruan Minor
Mullion Reserves    4-1    Frogpool & Cusgarne
New Inn Titans    3-3    Four Lanes
Redruth Utd Res    2-3    Gwinear Church Town
St Ives Mariners    P-P    St Day Thirds

DIVISION 3
Frogpool & Cusg Res 1-2    Holman SC Reserves
Rosudgeon Res    6-2    Perranwell Reserves
St Agnes Thirds    P-P    Praze
Storm        0-12    St Erme

DIVISION 4
Falmouth United    3-0    Constantine Reserves
Goonhavern Ath Res 1-3    Lizard Argyle Reserves
Hayle Thirds    3-2    Chacewater
Stithians Res    P-P    New Inn Titans Reserves
Threemilestone Res 3-1    Madron
Tregony        6-2    Probus Reserves

PERCY STEPHENS CUP, Second Round
Illogan RBL Res    P-P    Helston Athletic Thirds
Mawnan        2-1    Probus
St Buryan    3-0    St Keverne

LEAGUE CUP, First Round
Threemilestone    0-1    Mawnan Reserves

RUSSELL HALL CUP, First Round
Penzance Reserves   6-1    Wendron United Fourths    

28 minutes ago, mbkted said:

Threemilestone v madron 

3-1 to tms.  Dodgy decision for one of the tms goals backed up by their linesman admitting the striker was offside but he just couldn't be bothered to flag.

Good game other than that and reffed really well.

What? You are talking rubbish. I would have thought you would have thanked our young sub who ran the line as you guys didn't bring anyone to run the line. All 3 tms goals were perfectly good goals & should have been alot more. Game played in good spirits so I'm shocked you came on here & said that. 

Trelawny Premier

Holman Sports Club 1-0 Stithians

The weather gods didn't stop the game being played although they had a good stab at it and were a bit mean and washed the lines away, Jez, Ash and I thought the ideal preparation before the match would be to whack some paint around like we were at infant school so slapped some white stuff about and thought the lines looked straight but on reflection looked like something a 3 year old let loose on an etch a sketch having had a shot of Vodka would have probably achieved but luckily the ref was happy so game on.

The game was very tight both teams had chances and its now the season for the epic 6 metre sliding tackle that now no longer needs a skin graft so both sides decided to take that opportunity when presented with it. To be fair to the visitors they could have been 1 up at half time if Scott hadn't decided to do some Sky Sport Slow Motion Specials in goal but HT 0-0

Wind at our backs and attacking our equivalent of the Kop End (without the fans) Reece hit the crossbar at the scoreboard end and then with 12 to go we got the only goal of the game from a corner where I whacked enough Rizla papers under my feet to jump and put the keeper off which was bundled into the back of the net 1-0. Stithians pushed and had a couple of opportunities but we decided to have a love in with the Stithians end corner flag and saw the game out for an important and well deserved 3 points.

St Day next week and hopefully Ash can keep his never lost in a Holmans Shirt since signing 3 weeks ago run going :)

Frogpool 1 - 2 Holmans

Werent good enough today. expected to win rather than working hard to earn it. Holmans battled hard and earnt their way back into the game. 

Could and should have scored a lot more and on a different day we would have. not dwelling on this. bad day at the office! 

Frogpool goal Kevin Smith

2 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Russell Hall Cup

Penzance Reserves 6-1 Wendron United 4ths

Game didn't reflect how well Wendron played. Pz keeper made a string of great blocks to keep the score at only 1. Mind you Pz were poor at finishing at times. 

Wendron defending deep

SUNP0007.JPG

Good mannered, enjoyable game that was nearly ruined in the last 10 mins. First the Wendron winger missed a pass then proceeded to throw a stropand kick one of the sign boards off of the fence then Penzance striker sent off (rightfully so) for swearing at the ref.

Well reffed by Eric Sleeman allowed game to flow and only booked if he really had to.

Good luck for the rest of the season Wendron 

Falmouth DC 2-3 Illogan thirds

Where do I start....Illogan came out of the blocks from the start...

26 seconds in and our first attack saw Corri Braymar swing a cross in to find Jordan Richards at the back post....

0-1

15 mins later and bang another goal....

Same scenario... Corri Braymar supplying another chance for Jordan Richards to make it 0-2 to Illogan....

15 mins later and we are 3-0 up and again Jordan Richards finds the back of the net.....

Half time came well too soon for Illogan and the restart saw us stay in the changing room....

Falmouth got a early goal when their right winger chipped scoffy in goal.....

25 mins til the end and we are back in control of the game, until a mix up in the back line sees the Falmouth striker with just a Illogan defender to beat..... well he didn't but not sure a goal line save is allowed If your not the keeper....

Penalty scored 3-2 

This was now the only time Falmouth really took a grip in the game and whatever they threw at us we dealt with... 

Quality first half.... less than quality second half... score line doesn't show how dominant we were today. 

3 points today but more important a quality performance and battled well when got tough.... whole squad played their part. 

2 hours ago, chesterfield said:

Tregony 6-2 Probus.

Great game, played as a derby. Probably the two youngest squads in the league. Probus dominated the first 25 minutes and deservedly took the lead with a definite penalty. Tregony faught back well with two great headers from 16 year old Benito Hindley, class act!!

followed by a clinical finish by Jason Busby to possibly put a nail in Probus’s coffin. Unfortunately Jason’s goal was marred by a Probus player kicking the match ball as hard as he could into the overgrown waste ground away from the pitch in frustration. Match ball lost!! I approached the opposition manager, to ask if his subs would try and retrieve the ball, unsportsmanlike he said “no” to be polite!! So we lost a match ball, thanks Probus!! £20 down the drain.

the game ended 6-2 to Tregony and I would like to thank the 4 Probus players who stayed back for food, I appreciate the 4 mile journey back would be long.

Hayle 3rds 3 Chacewater 2

very fair game was looking like was going for a draw as chacewater pushed hard at the end. But Hayle stood strong! Really enjoyed the battle and showed chacewater we weren’t a 5-0 walk over like the 1st game of the season! My only  whinge is that no chacewater player came back into the club after the game unlike we did when they beat us  heavily  St the beginning of the season! 

Well reffed by Paul birch!!! 

RNAS Culdrose Res. (0) 1 -v- 2 (1) Newlyn Non Athletico

A bright start by the home team saw them create several half chances, pinging in several long range efforts which were narrowly wide, or straight at the keeper. They hit the woodwork too. But Newlyn slowly got into the game, and started making their own openings. Finally, deadlock broken by Newlyn from a corner. So, 0-1 at HT.

Newlyn started the second half well, and got their second goal of the game no more than 2 minutes after the restart. The rest of the half was fairly even, neither team creating a clear opening. Culdrose finally got their reward for their hard work, and made it 1-2 with 15 to go. There was also time for them to hit the bar from a 20 yard screamer, which bounced down on the line and out. A good battle, very well reffed, played in good spirits, and complete with an impeccably respected 2 minute silence.

Lest We Forget.

6 hours ago, Pitty said:

Trelawny Premier

Holman Sports Club 1-0 Stithians

The weather gods didn't stop the game being played although they had a good stab at it and were a bit mean and washed the lines away, Jez, Ash and I thought the ideal preparation before the match would be to whack some paint around like we were at infant school so slapped some white stuff about and thought the lines looked straight but on reflection looked like something a 3 year old let loose on an etch a sketch having had a shot of Vodka would have probably achieved but luckily the ref was happy so game on.

The game was very tight both teams had chances and its now the season for the epic 6 metre sliding tackle that now no longer needs a skin graft so both sides decided to take that opportunity when presented with it. To be fair to the visitors they could have been 1 up at half time if Scott hadn't decided to do some Sky Sport Slow Motion Specials in goal but HT 0-0

Wind at our backs and attacking our equivalent of the Kop End (without the fans) Reece hit the crossbar at the scoreboard end and then with 12 to go we got the only goal of the game from a corner where I whacked enough Rizla papers under my feet to jump and put the keeper off which was bundled into the back of the net 1-0. Stithians pushed and had a couple of opportunities but we decided to have a love in with the Stithians end corner flag and saw the game out for an important and well deserved 3 points.

St Day next week and hopefully Ash can keep his never lost in a Holmans Shirt since signing 3 weeks ago run going :)

apparently it was all in vain as scott has been deemed unregistered 

11 hours ago, Tregony Red said:

Great game, played as a derby. Probably the two youngest squads in the league. Probus dominated the first 25 minutes and deservedly took the lead with a definite penalty. Tregony faught back well with two great headers from 16 year old Benito Hindley, class act!!

followed by a clinical finish by Jason Busby to possibly put a nail in Probus’s coffin. Unfortunately Jason’s goal was marred by a Probus player kicking the match ball as hard as he could into the overgrown waste ground away from the pitch in frustration. Match ball lost!! I approached the opposition manager, to ask if his subs would try and retrieve the ball, unsportsmanlike he said “no” to be polite!! So we lost a match ball, thanks Probus!! £20 down the drain.

the game ended 6-2 to Tregony and I would like to thank the 4 Probus players who stayed back for food, I appreciate the 4 mile journey back would be long.

I am the Probus manager and don't normally post on here and just registered to respond to your comments. Yes you came over and asked me and yes i said No, in hindsight probably a bit blunt and should have been more accomodating but that is all i said. The torrent of verbal abuse i received from you after was absolutely disgusting with words used only suitable for the gutter, witnesses a plenty, ladies present and equally appalled, not your finest hour and shameful. Regardless of this i still went in for a drink and you served me with a less than welcoming manner still going on about it! Look closer to home for reason the boys didn't go back and wondering why i did also. 

12 hours ago, Tregony Red said:

Same old probus ?? 

3 hours ago, Pinkcheese said:

I am the Probus manager and don't normally post on here and just registered to respond to your comments. Yes you came over and asked me and yes i said No, in hindsight probably a bit blunt and should have been more accomodating but that is all i said. The torrent of verbal abuse i received from you after was absolutely disgusting with words used only suitable for the gutter, witnesses a plenty, ladies present and equally appalled, not your finest hour and shameful. Regardless of this i still went in for a drink and you served me with a less than welcoming manner still going on about it! Look closer to home for reason the boys didn't go back and wondering why i did also. 

I skied many balls over houses and hedges at Probus,no harm done